Edge Evolution Programer

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2010, 07:14 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by tarajerame
he has an '01
Yup - you're quite right and I was "generalizing" in this old post. :o To clarify - a CAI could cause an 04-08 truck to run lean. (I haven't a clue what it would do to an 09+ model.)

- Jack

Old 11-16-2010, 08:11 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by JackandJanet
Yup - you're quite right and I was "generalizing" in this old post. :o To clarify - a CAI could cause an 04-08 truck to run lean. (I haven't a clue what it would do to an 09+ model.)

- Jack

The same - it's still a slot-style MAF.

MGD

Old 11-16-2010, 08:17 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by chris5226
So let me get this straight, positive numbers on this programmer are firm up (harder shifts) and negative numbers are firm down (softer shifts)? Do I have this right?

If this is true, there was some mis communtion between me and the edge tech because I did ask twice, (firm up to soften the shifts.), and he did say yes. Well that suck. Well now I know. Ok ill look into tranny forms.

Just to make this clear I'm not at all easy on this truck, I take very good care of it. Routen maintenance an all, I dont abuse it like you see on YouTube. but I use it for what's it made for. Towing and work and pleasure.
Yep, you got it......

BTW.

There were a handful of owners with tranny break downs last winter.....they were just trying to reverse there way out of being stuck.......if it makes you feel any better.....

Old 11-16-2010, 11:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 88racing
Yep, you got it......

BTW.

There were a handful of owners with tranny break downs last winter.....they were just trying to reverse there way out of being stuck.......if it makes you feel any better.....

That makes me feel a little better.

Thanks a lot you were a huge help I definitely appreciated it.

I noticed that you have the same truck as I do, well you have a picture of one. If you do you have a programmer for it? If so what do you have? Just wondering.

Last edited by chris5226; 11-17-2010 at 12:04 AM.
Old 11-17-2010, 05:54 AM

That makes me feel a little better.

Thanks a lot you were a huge help I definitely appreciated it.

I noticed that you have the same truck as I do, well you have a picture of one. If you do you have a programmer for it? If so what do you have? Just wondering.
I use a Gryphon/Edge CTS along with custom tunes from PHP......before that I had a Gryphon monochrome version.....I've got links in my Sig for PHPs website.....you would be able to upgrade your edge to a Gryphon along with custom tunes......but...my advice is get the tranny fixed first.

Old 11-17-2010, 11:02 AM
I use a Gryphon/Edge CTS along with custom tunes from PHP......before that I had a Gryphon monochrome version.....I've got links in my Sig for PHPs website.....you would be able to upgrade your edge to a Gryphon along with custom tunes......but...my advice is get the tranny fixed first.

yeah i know, i'm not doing anything until my trans is fixed. i'm going to try and make it to through the winter, i don't want to pull my trans when its cold outside. If it gets any worse then what it is i'm going to get it fixed.

I'm going to look into Gryphon, I'm guessing you recommend upgrading, do you know if there's a power difference?

Old 11-17-2010, 12:17 PM

yeah i know, i'm not doing anything until my trans is fixed. i'm going to try and make it to through the winter, i don't want to pull my trans when its cold outside. If it gets any worse then what it is i'm going to get it fixed.

I'm going to look into Gryphon, I'm guessing you recommend upgrading, do you know if there's a power difference?
Not so much with the canned tunes but with the custom tunes will bring out a little bit more....not much but a little bit and the drivability improves also.....

Old 11-17-2010, 08:16 PM
Not so much with the canned tunes but with the custom tunes will bring out a little bit more....not much but a little bit and the drivability improves also.....

well before I look into upgrading I need to get my trans fixed.

Thanks for you help.

Quick Reply: Edge Evolution Programer