Edge Evolution Programer

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 07:54 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 95'F-150
See the thing is to tell you the truth I'm not a gear head at all and some of the stuff he asks I may not be able to rattle off. I know enough to get me by you know. Like I could tell him what gears i have any everything about my tuck but if it came down to a technical engine question or whatever he might baffel me. But I'll see what dad says and maybe give him a call either tommorrow or monday sometime. Where is this guy located? Like his site says many people fail to get the most out of their edge chip and thats all i'm trying to do is get the most possible out of this chip. Thanks for helping me out!
Feel free to talk to ME then! I was a teacher in my other life and am certainly NOT a gearhead (though I do aspire to be one day!). I'll be happy to explain anything -- to the best of my ability anyway -- and you can ask all the questions you need to! If I don't have the answer, I'll find it.

Old 01-10-2009, 01:30 AM
Alright i started filling out the form on the website and have a few questions. When it asks for what three stages you want is that an addition $50 per custom option you chose or is it just $50 all together for whatever 3 stages you want? Also under the options what product do you want i can't find the "upgrade" option and all of them are $400+

So to clearify everything I send the money with my programmer and cable and you guys tune it to match perfect with the mods on my truck and the style of driving I do? Thanks for all the help and I'm leaning toward doing this maybe once w2's come out. I have the money its just lately i kinda find myself wanting to save instead of spend?

Old 01-10-2009, 09:56 AM
Former Sponsor
Hi there,

It sounds like you're filling out the form for a new Gryphon programmer instead of the Gasoline Upgrade form. Check the website and click on the latter. We don't discuss prices on the public forums, but you can CHECK OUT THIS LINK, and it will provide you with all you need to know.

SEND ME AN E-MAIL if you have any other questions.

Old 01-10-2009, 10:05 AM
Yeah I was...ha blonde moment

Old 01-17-2009, 04:57 PM
ah man i just did the same thing

Old 11-16-2010, 12:23 PM
trans problems with the Edge Evolution Programmer

Hey i have a 2004 F-150 4.6L new body style, i bought the programmer because the 4.6L is a dog when towing heavy loads. I love the power that it gives my truck, it made towing 100% better, but i had one problem. The programmer made my trans shift really hard. I went into the settings and firmed it out as much as i could, and it still wasn't enough. I end up missing up my trans, I run stock mode now because i don't have $4000 to replace it. I'm going to buy a new trans in the spring but i don't want to run the programmer and blow another trans. Do you know of anyone that had this problem, or did i just have a bad trans?!?!??! Please help!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-16-2010, 12:32 PM
glc
Received 763 Likes on 706 Posts
I may be reading this wrong - but I think you are saying your tranny was shifting hard, and you firmed it up more? What level were you using? You should use ONLY stock or Level 2 to tow.

How did you "mess it up"? What is wrong with it now?

A rebuilt tranny with a warranty won't cost you that much.

Old 11-16-2010, 01:11 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by chris5226
Hey i have a 2004 F-150 4.6L new body style, i bought the programmer because the 4.6L is a dog when towing heavy loads. I love the power that it gives my truck, it made towing 100% better, but i had one problem. The programmer made my trans shift really hard. I went into the settings and firmed it out as much as i could, and it still wasn't enough. I end up missing up my trans, I run stock mode now because i don't have $4000 to replace it. I'm going to buy a new trans in the spring but i don't want to run the programmer and blow another trans. Do you know of anyone that had this problem, or did i just have a bad trans?!?!??! Please help!!!!!!!!!!
As glc pointed out.......
Why did you go this way????????
Thats your fault if I'm reading your post correctly....
To begin with if you did not like the shifts you should've put it back to stock and taken it off......

Old 11-16-2010, 01:51 PM
I only used level 2, i tried level 3 when i first got it to see if there's any difference, but they're wasn't that much, so i never tired it again. In level 2 (towing) it shifts really hard going from 1st to 2nd, and sometimes i get a squeak out of it. doesn't shift that hard through the rest of the gears. as it got worse i change it back to stock mode. the shifts are smoother but when i'm on the freeway and i need to pass someone it slips, but it doesn't happen all the time. and when shifting from 1st to 2nd i'm still getting a hard shift. Its really bad when i'm going 25mph and just cruising, it wont stop shifting from 1st to 2nd. and my truck is in good shape i take care of it, very well maintained, I tried a trans flush it help alittle but not much.

Old 11-16-2010, 02:00 PM
Originally Posted by 88racing
As glc pointed out.......
Why did you go this way????????
Thats your fault if I'm reading your post correctly....
To begin with if you did not like the shifts you should've put it back to stock and taken it off......
I know i should of put it back to stock, i was stupid, Now i'm paying for it. this programmer had HIGH recommendations so i bought it. Well you gotta learn from your mistakes, I could of had a bad trans from the get go, and the programmer shorten its life. i bought the truck used.

Old 11-16-2010, 02:11 PM

I know i should of put it back to stock, i was stupid, Now i'm paying for it. this programmer had HIGH recommendations so i bought it. Well you gotta learn from your mistakes, I could of had a bad trans from the get go, and the programmer shorten its life. i bought the truck used.
Lesson of life.....
When doubt call the manufacturer of the programmer for their suggestions and input......

If anything you should of backed the shift pressure settings down instead of up.

Do some searching in the tranny forum and see that these trannys are not bullet proof and that they do fail even with out a programmer.....

Old 11-16-2010, 02:28 PM
Lesson of life.....
When doubt call the manufacturer of the programmer for their suggestions and input......

If anything you should of backed the shift pressure settings down instead of up.

Do some searching in the tranny forum and see that these trannys are not bullet proof and that they do fail even with out a programmer.....

I called tech support when i installed it. the gentleman i talk to walked me through the steps to firm up my shifts. He thats the best he can do.

what do you suggest? Get a new tranny and sell the programmer, or get a different one? Get a more heavier duty trans? I don't wanna go through this again. I hate to sell the programmer if its thats not the problem, i could of had a bad trans in the first place. unless you see this problem a lot.

that is my next step to do some research on my tranny. I do alot of traveling and towing with it. It has 125k on it.

Old 11-16-2010, 03:11 PM

I called tech support when i installed it. the gentleman i talk to walked me through the steps to firm up my shifts. He thats the best he can do.

what do you suggest? Get a new tranny and sell the programmer, or get a different one? Get a more heavier duty trans? I don't wanna go through this again. I hate to sell the programmer if its thats not the problem, i could of had a bad trans in the first place. unless you see this problem a lot.

that is my next step to do some research on my tranny. I do alot of traveling and towing with it. It has 125k on it.
An edge tech told you to firm up your shifts when they were already harsh?????
That's a new one....

Either get a reman from Ford......has a warranty.....
Or
Contact Darrin Birch by pm and he can build you one using yours or another......>>look in the tranny forum....

Owner neglect and abuse is another reason trannys go also...ain't blaming you...just stating the facts.

Old 11-16-2010, 03:34 PM

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by JackandJanet
Actually, the CAI can cause your truck to run lean.

he has an '01

Old 11-16-2010, 04:50 PM
An edge tech told you to firm up your shifts when they were already harsh?????
That's a new one....

Either get a reman from Ford......has a warranty.....
Or
Contact Darrin Birch by pm and he can build you one using yours or another......>>look in the tranny forum....

Owner neglect and abuse is another reason trannys go also...ain't blaming you...just stating the facts.

So let me get this straight, positive numbers on this programmer are firm up (harder shifts) and negative numbers are firm down (softer shifts)? Do I have this right?

If this is true, there was some mis communtion between me and the edge tech because I did ask twice, (firm up to soften the shifts.), and he did say yes. Well that suck. Well now I know. Ok ill look into tranny forms.

Just to make this clear I'm not at all easy on this truck, I take very good care of it. Routen maintenance an all, I dont abuse it like you see on YouTube. but I use it for what's it made for. Towing and work and pleasure.

Quick Reply: Edge Evolution Programer