Troyer Won't Help Me With My Tunes

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 12:08 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by Tical84
I just thought I'd stop by to see if Troyer responded at all and I'm not surprised at all to read what he said.
Back before the Evo was officially release I was thinking about getting TP tuned but every time I read one of his posts I wanted to puke, thinking to myself "How could a professional act so childish?", calling people out on the internet. I chose stock over that attitude. Then came Bill and gave me hope for tuners once again. I love my Edge Evo and will love the Gryphon when I get Bill to custom tune it for me I'm sure.
Don't worry Thumper, I'm on your side
As you know, I'm a big fan of Bill and PHP too.

But, I feel I have to comment on the attack on Troyer. This is my position: He is in a business and has a reputation to protect. Everything I've seen from "thoughtful" postings say the reputation is good and is deserved - with the caveat that tunes take a long time to be delivered. So be it. You want fast food, go to MacDonalds.

Now, he gets attacked in this forum (publically) and he has two choices. He can either ignore the attacks, as I've done with attacks since I'm not trying to make a living in this field and they mean nothing to me, or, he can "fight back". Since his business depends on his "public image", he has no recourse but to respond in this forum to explain his side of the story. Where else could he respond? On his website?

In response to Thumper's comment that he could have handled this in email, or a similar way, it looks like he tried an "offline" approach with no success. And, if we believe him, he tried.

I suppose he could sue for "defamation of character", or something like that (be careful what you put in print folks, one day it may come back to haunt you), but, I doubt he'll bother. I see him as just wanting to get his side of the story out. Seems fair to me.

And, if you back up your comments with reasoned facts, it sort of takes the air out of the complainer's balloons, doesn't it? Especially, when the complainers can't muster any counter arguments.

So, I don't see Troyer's response as childish at all - frustrated, yes.

Put yourself in his position. A wise man once said something like: "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone". How many of us would react differently, put in Troyer's shoes?

Hasn't this thread been fun?

- Jack

Old 05-08-2008, 10:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree to a point Jack, but the way he "fought back" has hurt his image more than helped in my opinion. That's all I meant by that post. I think it could have responded to try and contradict all of the (possibly) false comments made against him without calling people names.

Old 05-08-2008, 10:42 AM
Global Moderator &

I agree to a point Jack, but the way he "fought back" has hurt his image more than helped in my opinion. That's all I meant by that post. I think it could have responded to try and contradict all of the (possibly) false comments made against him without calling people names.
Excellent point, Tical, and it's something I missed when reading his response. You're absolutely right. It's the kind of mistake people make when they are angry. I've done it too, and I'm never proud of myself afterwards.

- Jack

Old 05-08-2008, 12:59 PM
Originally Posted by JackandJanet
Excellent point, Tical, and it's something I missed when reading his response. You're absolutely right. It's the kind of mistake people make when they are angry. I've done it too, and I'm never proud of myself afterwards.

- Jack
Yes, but afterwards you more than likely apologize for your actions and just simply say, "I was aggravated and didn't mean to act like that" etc...

Most of us are all old enough to "cool down" before jumping the gun these days anyways, or so; we all would hope.

Old 05-08-2008, 01:12 PM
Global Moderator &

Originally Posted by i.ride.suzuki
Yes, but afterwards you more than likely apologize for your actions and just simply say, "I was aggravated and didn't mean to act like that" etc...

Most of us are all old enough to "cool down" before jumping the gun these days anyways, or so; we all would hope.
:o I'd like to think I'm old enough. At 67 I should be. But, sometimes the little kid in me just "comes" out! :o

If I'm smart enough to realize I screwed up, I DO apologize. Sometimes though, I'm just stupid!

- Jack

Old 05-08-2008, 01:29 PM
Suspended
Old 05-08-2008, 01:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just thought I'd stop by to see if Troyer responded at all and I'm not surprised at all to read what he said.
Back before the Evo was officially release I was thinking about getting TP tuned but every time I read one of his posts I wanted to puke, thinking to myself "How could a professional act so childish?", calling people out on the internet. I chose stock over that attitude. Then came Bill and gave me hope for tuners once again. I love my Edge Evo and will love the Gryphon when I get Bill to custom tune it for me I'm sure.
Don't worry Thumper, I'm on your side
you're so out of touch tic, what do you do when you get attacked? bend over and say another one sir

Old 05-08-2008, 02:16 PM
Originally Posted by jpdadeo
you're so out of touch tic, what do you do when you get attacked? bend over and say another one sir
Respond professionally with FACTS.

Old 05-08-2008, 03:08 PM
you've done your share of attacking

Old 05-08-2008, 03:47 PM
you've done your share of attacking
I can't argue with the past.

Old 05-08-2008, 05:47 PM
Suspended
Rightfully so but when one owns a business you have to use other approaches. Basically you need to "smooth" things over rather than attacking some one. I'm not disagreeing that's what I'd do because I have to do it all the time in here.

Old 05-08-2008, 06:04 PM
the ones he's talking about deserve it though, you know, bird breathes

Old 05-08-2008, 06:19 PM
Suspended
Maybe Anthony but not the other guy ... LOL.

Old 05-08-2008, 07:27 PM
Originally Posted by ThumperMX113
Maybe Anthony but not the other guy ... LOL.
The other guy is to blame for those 76+ day tunes! Get him!!!

Klitch isn't even paying much (if anything as we know) for service and still getting service: that means all the time Troyer is using with this guy (possibly others) means that everyones tunes are just getting backlogged.

Old 05-08-2008, 08:01 PM
?

Originally Posted by i.ride.suzuki
For the record "asinatra" was banned by Steve as per YOU. This was discussed via e-mail with Steve. Sorry I am not as personal as you discussing things, but that was between Steve and I. Mike you have the biggest "kid in the sandbox" attitude ever, I hope others see it and choose an alternative. You can bash me any time of the day, call me, write me, sing me a song: But get your facts straight before you try and attack me.

MySpace as a cited source, lol. Good.
"but that was between steve and i"
so does this mean you are/were anthony asinatra?

Quick Reply: Troyer Won't Help Me With My Tunes