Troyer Won't Help Me With My Tunes

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 10:17 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
Since I'm an engineer, I'd prefer engineering, rather than "art". Somehow, an engineering knowledge of mechanical and electronic devices fills me with much more confidence than some "artistic" sense of the "karma" and "zen" of tuning!

- Jack

Old 05-06-2008, 01:52 AM
BSL
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MT and his staff are very knowledgeable nice people, I spoke with them last year and they answered alot of my questions, that being said I don't think they've been ready for the swarm of business they've recieved because of his supporters on this (and other) sites. But those of you who complain have nobody to blame but yourselves for the long wait. I've seen complaints about the turnaround for at least 7 months, do your research before you select a tuner. there's plenty out there, if you're unhappy with your choice you should have made a different one, don't rag on the one you have just cuz they don't live up to your expectations (however unrealistic). although 3 days for a phone call seems a little excessive.

Old 05-06-2008, 02:55 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
i already did my 5 month wait, i dont feel i should be set on the back burner til im super pissed. thats how i feel when it takes 3 days to get a reply from the guy on a simple question on when he's going to make 2 quick changes to a tune. which then takes another day.

Old 05-06-2008, 08:19 AM
First off, i have never gotten an attitude with troyer. just some emails and phone calls that have gone unanswered. I was aware of the wait time when i ordered my tunes. however, it has been 9 months since i my tunes got sent to me and i still cant use them. i dont recall showin an attitude in this thread at any point. i basically posted this to see if anyone else has had the same issues. which i now see that there has been. so, dont come at me like i am startin something. i dont spend much time on these forums, i did however read alot before i purchased my tuner from troyer. i read they were the best out, so that's wat i wanted. however, 9 months after i got the tunes is a long time to wait for a product to work so it can be used. is that so hard to comprehend?

Old 05-06-2008, 09:58 AM
Suspended
Originally Posted by alpike
First off, i have never gotten an attitude with troyer. just some emails and phone calls that have gone unanswered. I was aware of the wait time when i ordered my tunes. however, it has been 9 months since i my tunes got sent to me and i still cant use them. i dont recall showin an attitude in this thread at any point. i basically posted this to see if anyone else has had the same issues. which i now see that there has been. so, dont come at me like i am startin something. i dont spend much time on these forums, i did however read alot before i purchased my tuner from troyer. i read they were the best out, so that's wat i wanted. however, 9 months after i got the tunes is a long time to wait for a product to work so it can be used. is that so hard to comprehend?
No it isn't. However it's very hard to comprehend for the die hard Troyer fans who have their heads buried in the sand. Regardless of who the tuner is this type of behavior is unacceptable, especially in this market place.

Old 05-06-2008, 10:01 AM
For the record, I also got some tunes from Troyer and I also have the torque converter issue on low-grade inclines. My resolution? I drop out of cruise control and do it manually. A pain, I know, but anytime you start messing with your stock config, you're bound to have issues.

As for Troyer themselves, I purchased my tunes from them last May. I waited about 8 weeks for tunes, and all of my experience with them was satisfactory. I think Troyer's problem is the simply having too much work to do and not enough resources. He is struggling between fixing issues for customers who already paid and providing product to people who are waiting. It's a fine balance.

I am not saying you should forgive Mike for this issue, within the last year he should have hired more people to work for him or simply stopped taking orders. Hopefully he will get his act together, because Mike's business lives by word of mouth and repeat business. If he doesn't start treating his previous customers better, threads like this will discourage other business.

Old 05-06-2008, 12:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JackandJanet
Since I'm an engineer, I'd prefer engineering, rather than "art". Somehow, an engineering knowledge of mechanical and electronic devices fills me with much more confidence than some "artistic" sense of the "karma" and "zen" of tuning!

- Jack
you're a jerk with your bashing and innuendo

Old 05-06-2008, 01:07 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by jpdadeo
you're a jerk with your bashing and innuendo
Hardly, Jack&Janet puts out a lot more useful and informative posts especially considering what you post. All you post is "Troyer is the bomb!!" and "MT is the tune maestro !!" as well as a few insults here and there. Well thanks for the broken record input.

Old 05-06-2008, 02:11 PM
This thread should be closed, it is already getting out of hand. OP has been answered, and resolution should be in a new thread.

Old 05-06-2008, 02:18 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ThumperMX113
Hardly, Jack&Janet puts out a lot more useful and informative posts
I think he puts out a lot of crap and innuendo; he don't even know how to use the search, so don't tell me

Old 05-06-2008, 03:39 PM
Originally Posted by jpdadeo
I think he puts out a lot of crap and innuendo; he don't even know how to use the search, so don't tell me
+1, i agree.

Old 05-06-2008, 07:00 PM
Suspended
Anthony what'd RP remove in your signature !? LOLZORS!

Old 05-06-2008, 08:36 PM
Can someone explain what the torque converter lock is? Thanks

Old 05-06-2008, 09:11 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by taylorjs
Can someone explain what the torque converter lock is? Thanks
There was a pretty good explanation here: https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=331641 (about 2/3 down the page - Post # 11).

Took me a while to "find" it though. I "searched" on "lockup" not "lock up", duh! :o

Anyway, hope this helps!

- Jack

Old 05-06-2008, 10:03 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
First, for "alpike" - Now THIS gentlemen (A.A.) does indeed deserve an apology, as he should have gotten a better response. I am MORE than happy to work with you, I know precisely what the issue is and how to take care of it - I had our staff research who you are to try and contact you, and have only gotten voicemail, where we have left a few messages. In going thru your file, I discovered that you have indeed called us a couple of times, and each time I was on the dyno working on the vehicle and could not take the call at that moment - that being said, it SHOULD have been followed up on and brought to me by my staff so that I could get back to you long before now - we have left several voice mails on your number today, so if you would be so kind as to give us a shout when you get a chance, I will be more than happy to take care of this for you.

Now, for "Klitch" - you sir, need to be a bit more accurate - to put it mildly, the picture you have painted is absolutely false - period. I see you do not mention anything about the many hours I have spent with you on the phone, making tuning changes, analyzing data that is totally fubar, sending you parts AT MY EXPENSE, brand new parts out of my inventory as a FREE LOANER (which still has not been returned, so now you'll be charged for it) to help you try to diagnose this - You did NOT wait any 5 months for ANYTHING from us - the TRUTH is that WE had to wait for A YEAR for you to even try the tunes! The truth is, we had to wait for over a YEAR for you to get any data to us! And that data shows 500+ MAF counts at idle, clearly showing a mechanical issue, as you have been told. We have absolutely nothing to do with the work that has been done to the vehicle, if we had it would be running right and you would not have these problems.

You are busy complaining that I am not at your beck and call long after you have been told that there is NOTHING we can do to help you, that it is NOT in your tuning. Do NOT expect me to be at your beck & call, we are not here to provide free Tech Support for your engine swap that we had NOTHING to do with - we provided the tuning ONLY - along with far more help than anyone has ever given you. So there will be no more 9 pm phone calls, no more calls on weekends, you will not be allowed to speak to others on my staff as you tried when you could not get me after being told there was nothing we can do for you - I have already wasted about 25 hours between phone calls and looking at data and doing useless tuning changes on a vehicle that has mechanical problems.

Yet after all of that, I spent even more hours with you on the phone again TONIGHT. That being said, we want to see you get the vehicle up & running, so please do what I told you about tonight, OK? And good luck with this, we want to see this thing completed properly!

And for Anthony Sinatra - the know it all know-nothing - it's been far too long since you were exposed for who you really are, so lest anyone think that you are actually a tuner, people need to know that you are not - in fact, all you have is a Racer Pro package for ONE vehicle - your own. Anyone confused? Well, those of us who have been here any length of time already know what I'm talking about - those who want to know the truth behind this guy, check out his posts under one of his previous screen names - "asinatra" - under which he was banned, just for one example - and you will quickly see what you really have here in Anthony Sinatra, aka "I.Ride.Suzuki" (how un-original, as can be seen on My Space) , aka "asinatra", aka - well, you get the point I'm sure - is a poser who has been banned from this web site before for his conduct.

I do not like exposing nastiness, but sometimes, it's just too much to allow to go unchallenged. It didn't used to be like that here.

For those many who we are honored to serve - thank you - your business is greatly appreciated - and my apologies to all for having to expose just a little bit of the truth every once in a while. We are certainly willing to take our knocks when deserved, and the first gentleman in this thread, now *he* has a good point - he should have been answered before now, as he has called us before, each time I was on the dyno, as I learned from having his file with us pulled today and examined, so we have left a number of voice mails on his phone, as of yet we have not been able to reach him.

Last - for "kuruption" - if you have an issue, all you need to do is contact us and I will take care of that for you - I will be more than happy to go over this with you, and take care of it - it is NOT true that when the stock config is changed, that you must tolerate other problems. So please feel free to call me so I can go over this with you, OK? Thanks.

Quick Reply: Troyer Won't Help Me With My Tunes