Failsafe Mode w/Edge??

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 10:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey bill do you think you could help me out with my edge as well??

Old 06-09-2009, 10:07 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by Krzy55
i have an 04 5.4L v8. i just put the settings on level 2 with just the adjustments for my tires and thats it. nothing fancy. everything works with the programmer until i put it on something other then stock. the programmer will just give me the trouble code of p2106 and send my truck into fail safe mode. when its on stock the programmer gives me all my readings and the truck runs with no problems
OK, P2106 Throttle Actuator Control (TAC) System - Forced Limited Power.

You need to call Edge Tech Support and let them know about this. There may be a firmware update. But, they should be able to help you, with this information.

One other thing you could try is to put the intake system back to stock. A CAI on an 04 is inviting trouble on a canned tune. Until you can convert your unit to a Gryphon with custom tunes, that may be all you need to do.

- Jack

Last edited by JackandJanet; 06-09-2009 at 10:09 PM. Reason: Added thought about removing CAI
Old 06-09-2009, 10:16 PM
whats a gryphon? and i install my programmer into the computer and it says there are no new updates.

Old 09-15-2009, 06:15 PM
Any help guys. I just left work and about 10 miles into my drive my service light went on and my edge read p061 and p2106. I know p2106 is just a warning that the vehicle is going into a power save mode, but im concerned about the P061. Ive been running the edge lvl 3 for about 2 years now and had no trouble. only issue i have had is p0116 when i attempted to add a CAI, which i reinstalled the original intake after. Ive tried cleaning the MAF to no avail. my next try was gonna be replacing the MAF sensor. i rotated the tired on saturday and have heard a squealing on braking, figured the brakes just got dirty. changed my oil on monday (actually had a shop do it) but thought nothing of the squeling since the truck was driving fine.

I put octane boost and fuel system cleaner in last night. im wondering if that is just making the engine run hot and once the boost is out of the system it will run fine. any help would be great, but for now im gonna just run the truck in stock on my edge.

BTW, the truck is an 06 Scab FX4 with a 5.4, a magnaflow exhaust and an edge. Thanks

Old 09-15-2009, 07:53 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
Call Edge Tech Support if the problem is only showing up when you're running one of Edge's canned tunes. I've never had any problems at all, so I don't have any brilliant ideas.

Are you SURE the trouble code was P061? I can't find that anywhere. The only "P" codes I find have 4 digits, not three.

- Jack

Old 09-18-2021, 06:41 PM
Originally Posted by ASEMechanic
Okay, so now we've got a new problem that seems to warrant a new thread. Failsafe mode seems to pop up on a couple trucks after programming. Anyone experiencing this problem please let me know so I can get some more information and work on getting it fixed.

I will need:
HEX Code
Programmed Level
Any Custom Options used

Thanks.

Bill
yes I keep getting failsafe mode everytime I try Ivl 2 and 3 I am new to the tune world I have a 08 f150 5.4l v8 4x4 I just spent a ton of money on codes my edge was throwing. My wife is pissed and wants that edge thrown away. I need help bad.

Old 11-06-2022, 09:34 AM
glc
Received 763 Likes on 706 Posts
Gents, this thread is 15 years old. Last time Bill logged in was over 7 years ago.

This is his current website:

https://gopowerhungry.com

Last edited by glc; 11-06-2022 at 09:37 AM.

Quick Reply: Failsafe Mode w/Edge??