Failsafe Mode w/Edge??

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2008, 01:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just experienced the same problem today...running the edge level 1....exhaust, intake, etc....what am I to do Mr. Bill? I cleared the code, but it came back the next time I started my truck...any advice?

Old 11-06-2008, 02:21 PM
Any updates on this one? Its getting a little scary when I goose the truck to get out into an intersection and it falls on its face and sets the code (P061). Truck only seems to do it when giving it throttle when the engine is cold. With stock programming the issue goes away.

Only thing I could find for the code:

P0061 HO2S Heater Resistance (Bank 2, Sensor 3)

Old 11-07-2008, 12:45 AM
Duece,

I just found out that the Evo does not properly display a DTC that contains alphabetical characters in it, so P061 does not equal P0061, it is actually something more like P061B, P061C, P061D, or P061F.

I am looking at both a resolution to the DTC display issue as well as the underlying calibration problem causing the DTC. However, it would be useful to know which DTC it is so I know which way to go with the calibration.

Give me a call when you have a moment. I may have you do an update that will correct the DTC display which will in turn provide me with valuable information to resolve the drivability problems.

Take care.

Old 11-07-2008, 12:33 PM
Bill,

My issue is not very important- but still needs to be corrected..

You sent me 2 tunes about 6 months ago and left me my original lvl2 towing tune, but moved it to the number 1 spot, and when i load it i get a fail safe. let me know what you need so we can get this fixed..

Jon

Old 11-07-2008, 05:02 PM
Originally Posted by GJ Screw
Bill,

My issue is not very important- but still needs to be corrected..

You sent me 2 tunes about 6 months ago and left me my original lvl2 towing tune, but moved it to the number 1 spot, and when i load it i get a fail safe. let me know what you need so we can get this fixed..

Jon
Jon,

Give me a shout when you have a minute and we'll get you fixed up. I'm available this evening, tomorrow or any time next week.

Take care.

Old 11-07-2008, 06:38 PM
Originally Posted by ASEMechanic
Duece,

I just found out that the Evo does not properly display a DTC that contains alphabetical characters in it, so P061 does not equal P0061, it is actually something more like P061B, P061C, P061D, or P061F.

I am looking at both a resolution to the DTC display issue as well as the underlying calibration problem causing the DTC. However, it would be useful to know which DTC it is so I know which way to go with the calibration.

Give me a call when you have a moment. I may have you do an update that will correct the DTC display which will in turn provide me with valuable information to resolve the drivability problems.

Take care.
Thanks alot, I will give you a ring sometime next week during business hours. I set my truck back to stock tune and its not near as fun now

I also need to check, I sent in a tune request quite some time ago and never heard back. Was a few months back, I've since sold off my cold air intake since I didn't use it. Might still want a tune with the stock intake though.

Old 11-13-2008, 04:43 PM
Bill I need your number...I am experiencing the same problem as some of these other guys!

thank you so much

Old 11-13-2008, 04:48 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by NOLES187
Bill I need your number...I am experiencing the same problem as some of these other guys!

thank you so much
http://www.phptune.com/

Here is their web site, the number is on there.

Old 11-17-2008, 07:26 AM
Bill I'm having the same problem on level 3 with everything else stock.

I'm hard of hearing so I can't really call you, what can you do to fix it? PM me if you want

thanks

Old 11-17-2008, 02:11 PM
If you're getting Failsafe Mode on Level 3 and you have a CAI installed, we are going to need to get your Evo converted over and build a (couple) custom files to correct the lean condition you are most likely experiencing.

Feel free to correspond via e-mail and we can get your questions answered.

Take care.

Old 11-17-2008, 09:15 PM
Originally Posted by ASEMechanic
If you're getting Failsafe Mode on Level 3 and you have a CAI installed, we are going to need to get your Evo converted over and build a (couple) custom files to correct the lean condition you are most likely experiencing.

Feel free to correspond via e-mail and we can get your questions answered.

Take care.
I emailed you bill. Thanks

Old 06-09-2009, 08:12 PM
Unhappy same problem

i just bought the edge about 3 weeks ago and had it replaced 2 days later thinking that the problem was the edge. then when i got the new one it worked for about a week and acted up again. a few days later it started working again but this time for about 2 and half weeks. now i cant get it to work.

i have an aem brute force CAI installed and the programmer. that is it.

anybody have any solutions to my problem?

Old 06-09-2009, 09:06 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by Krzy55
i just bought the edge about 3 weeks ago and had it replaced 2 days later thinking that the problem was the edge. then when i got the new one it worked for about a week and acted up again. a few days later it started working again but this time for about 2 and half weeks. now i cant get it to work.

i have an aem brute force CAI installed and the programmer. that is it.

anybody have any solutions to my problem?
I have to say the CAI is problematic, but what year is your truck? What's the engine? The gearing? What tunes were you using? What can't you get to work, your truck, the Edge? And, what do you mean about not working? Does the screen light up? Can you program the PCM? Does it display PIDs? etc. etc.

You're going to have to give us some help on this.

- Jack

Old 06-09-2009, 09:47 PM
i have an 04 5.4L v8. i just put the settings on level 2 with just the adjustments for my tires and thats it. nothing fancy. everything works with the programmer until i put it on something other then stock. the programmer will just give me the trouble code of p2106 and send my truck into fail safe mode. when its on stock the programmer gives me all my readings and the truck runs with no problems

Old 06-09-2009, 10:02 PM
hey bill do you think you could help me out with my edge as well?

Quick Reply: Failsafe Mode w/Edge??