Troyer performance ordering

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2007, 01:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wkmincey
According to the email reply that I received yesterday, it will be another 10-12 business days untill I get my tunes. I hope the old saying is true that good things come to those who wait.
I hope this is true. I ordered mine the same day as you and am starting to get impatient.... Will let you know when they arrive. I always figure that the less time they spend talking to people on the phone, the more time they have to work on tunes.

Old 05-19-2007, 07:25 PM
Originally Posted by wxscpo
I know your tunes are on your Xcal because when I spoke to Neil at Troyer I mentioned your name and you had your tunes done before mine and he looked you up and said "well I believe you." Wasn't sure why things ended up that way, but went up, spoke to Mike and called me back within 5 minutes to tell me my tunes would be in my email today.

So glad the wait is over and it was so worth it after a 10 minute ride. Hopefully I'll have some running around to do tomrrow and can get some more driving time on the tune.
Glad to hear it, I havent been able to install mine yet! I just got back from Miami so I wont be able to do it until Sunday afternoon! I cant wait to have that "well worth it feeling" then!

Thanks for keeping me company through the wait wxscpo

Old 05-19-2007, 11:44 PM

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
at least you can plug and play when you get your tunes, I get to change injectors and sparkplugs first for a bit more oomph on the bottom end, (I ordered a tune for bigger injectors and have to get the tune in order to make the mods )

maybe we need to start a tune updated thread with how everyone likes thier trucks' performance and driveability after the tunes...

Old 05-20-2007, 12:33 PM
Im still waiting for mine.

Edit I just got them today supprisingly even on a sunday. Kudos to Mike.

Last edited by BlacknGold; 05-20-2007 at 05:05 PM.
Old 05-20-2007, 05:34 PM
Seems like the folks are Troyer are getting a bunch of tunes out now. I still have only my initial 10 min ride on mine. Want to take it out this afternoon (trip to Wally world), but just spent 6 hours washing and detailing it so I need to give everything time to dry so I don't end up with sling.

Gotta return it to stock tonight because I have to take the truck in for an oil change tomorrow.

Originally Posted by pluckerj
Glad to hear it, I havent been able to install mine yet! I just got back from Miami so I wont be able to do it until Sunday afternoon! I cant wait to have that "well worth it feeling" then!

Thanks for keeping me company through the wait wxscpo
So you got'em installed yet? Tell us what you think.

Old 05-20-2007, 10:53 PM
Mine came via email this afternoon

My tunes came this afternoon and I quickly loaded the 87 tow tune, and went down to the hardware store... Changed that puppy as soon as I got back home to the 87 performance tune and only took a 6 mile drive... There is defiantly a difference between the 2 tunes, but I have been running a Jusnes tune for a couple of weeks, and to honestly compare the 2 I would need to run the Troyer tune for a while... In the initial 6 mile drive I don't see much difference. Will post more after a couple of days... Except for a bit smoother idle.

Old 05-20-2007, 11:01 PM
Red face

That is I meant to say I don't see much of a difference between the Jusnes Tune and the Troyer Tune, but I really need to run the Troyer Tune for a 100 miles of so to get a better feeling for it...

Sorry: Just wanted to clarify!

Old 05-21-2007, 07:46 AM
Seems like the folks are Troyer are getting a bunch of tunes out now. I still have only my initial 10 min ride on mine. Want to take it out this afternoon (trip to Wally world), but just spent 6 hours washing and detailing it so I need to give everything time to dry so I don't end up with sling.

Gotta return it to stock tonight because I have to take the truck in for an oil change tomorrow.

So you got'em installed yet? Tell us what you think.
Well, i have 20" rims on a lifted FX4 and i was able to lay some rubber down from a dead stop, without pumping the gas while holding the brake. just a normal start!!!! It was fun, lemme tell ya! Its got a lot more pep with the initial acceleration!!! Thats were i notice the tunes the most! I cant wait to get a few tanks in to see what the gas mileage will be???

But I am happy

Old 05-21-2007, 10:16 AM
Yes I agree, better than stock tune

I was just comparing one custom tune to the other... I do agree that the tunes are much better than the stock tune.

I must have more time to evaluate the Troyer tune...

Old 05-21-2007, 12:30 PM
I will be really interested to hear your impressions and comparisions of the two tunes.

Old 05-21-2007, 01:29 PM
I will be really interested to hear your impressions and comparisions of the two tunes.
same

Old 05-21-2007, 02:37 PM

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
allright, I got mine about 5 minutes ago, can't wait to get them installed

Old 05-21-2007, 02:38 PM
ski
I posted this in another post, but since u asked about difference in tunes. As for tunes I've tried several. I had Troyer Tunes since Sept or Oct 05. I had the 3.25 AF1 until about 2-3 months ago I switched to the 3.5 when I got the 35inch tires on. I went to Troyers place and got it dyno tuned. I decided to try a JLT Ram Air Intake and different tunes to compare them, plus I wasn't happy with the 3.5 tube.

Troyer Tunes: They ran great with the 3.25 tube, once I switched to the new 3.5 tube there seem to be a little lag going WOT. Low end seem to have a lag before getting up and going. On the upper end it was great. Normal driving there seemed to be a lull at the low end also. Also while driving on interstate using cruise control it would rev up several times before shifting to passing gear. (Mike did send me a tune to try, but the JLT arrived and I installed it so didn't get to try new tune.) 0-60 with 3.5 tube 9.87 sec (This was the best time after several times. It would change on different days and time, but that was the best time after about 6 trys on seperate occasions) Got dyno tuned, so no wait time on tune.

Brenspeed Tunes: JLT Ram Air Intake, great all round tune. No lag, great low end power, great upper end power. During cruise control no problems with shifting. 0-60= 8.67 (This was the best time after several times. It would change on different days and time, but that was the best time after about 6 trys on seperate occasions). Took 3-5 business days to get tune.

DTPRACING Tune:JLT Ram Air Intake, great tune, great power low end and upper end, doesn't seem as good as Brenspeed, but definetly worth the purchase. I haven't done a 0-60 yet will post when I do. It took 1 business day to recieve tune.

Innovated Diesel Tune (IDP): 3.5 AF1 intake-Tune was AWESOME, I mean this was the best tune. Shift points, power everything was great. 0-60= 7.87. I was able to really lay some rubber, not like other tunes. BUT kept throwing CEL. Lean condition. After several attempts Eric couldn't keep it from throwing a CEL.
IDPw/Ram Air Intake- I haven't gotten to test it too much, just tested enough to see if a CEL is thrown, no CEL, I will post more results later. Took 1 Business day to receive tune.

JUSNES/BAMACHIPS Tune- Well so far it's been 2 weeks, they sent me tune but not the right format. Waiting for a new tune to be sent. I'll post result after I get tune.

VMP Tune- JLT Ram Air Intake- Received tune in about 3-5 business days. Normal driving tunes are great. No throttle lag, smooth shift points. WOT low end power all right, shifting has slight lag through out WOT, but at 85 mph 5100-5300 RPM Shifting has a major hesitation. Doesn't want to shift right away. Contact Justin and he just sent me a new tune today. Haven't got to try new tune, will try it tomorrow and post results. Haven't done a 0-60 time.

Hope this info helps. I'm not bashing the different tuners just posting my results.

Last edited by ski; 05-21-2007 at 03:04 PM.
Old 05-22-2007, 12:42 AM
Troyer 87 Performance

My first day with the 87 performance tune leaves me with one comment: The shifting seems way different: My engine seems to run up to 3,000 rpm and then shift form first to second, which when it does shift the shift is good and firm but way too much rpm for street or every day driving. I drove 20 miles to work and then back home and so far all I can say is the shifting seems awkward. I will need more time for further evaluation.

Old 05-22-2007, 01:13 AM
Originally Posted by No-Tyme
My first day with the 87 performance tune leaves me with one comment: The shifting seems way different: My engine seems to run up to 3,000 rpm and then shift form first to second, which when it does shift the shift is good and firm but way too much rpm for street or every day driving. I drove 20 miles to work and then back home and so far all I can say is the shifting seems awkward. I will need more time for further evaluation.
I've been wondering about the shift points too. With a stick I don't mind keeping the rpm high, but was wondering how it would feel with an automatic. I had an Eagle Talon with twin turbo back in the day and it was recommended to keep it at "full boil". I enjoyed that, but then again had control over when enough was enough. Can you adjust the shift points with the Xcal II?
Maybe just the new shifting trippin' you out a bit? Or a problem? I'd be interested to know your impressions..

Quick Reply: Troyer performance ordering