F150online Forums

F150online Forums (https://www.f150online.com/forums/)
-   Chips, Tuners & Programming (https://www.f150online.com/forums/chips-tuners-programming-34/)
-   -   Troyer performance ordering (https://www.f150online.com/forums/chips-tuners-programming/284040-troyer-performance-ordering.html)

Rickinok 04-27-2007 08:03 PM

Troyer performance ordering

Does anyone know how long it takes to get a programmer from Troyer? I ordered one on 4-12 and haven't heard a thing from them.I can't even get them to return emails. Maybe they are just busy but I would think that over 2 weeks since paying for their product I would at least get an answer to my email. Anyone know anything about them?

Thanks
Rick

turtle313 04-27-2007 08:09 PM

Call them. I've been dealing with them through email only because I don't have access to a phone and it has never taken longer than 2 days for me to get a reply. I'm sure if you call, they will be more than happy to provide you the status of your order. If you read a few other threads, you will read nothing but positive things about the services they provide and the customer service that comes with it.

dennisfranz 04-27-2007 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by Rickinok
Does anyone know how long it takes to get a programmer from Troyer? I ordered one on 4-12 and haven't heard a thing from them.I can't even get them to return emails. Maybe they are just busy but I would think that over 2 weeks since paying for their product I would at least get an answer to my email. Anyone know anything about them?

Thanks
Rick

I was told 3 months when I finally contacted them.

MGDfan 04-27-2007 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by Rickinok

Thanks
Rick

The phone. Use the phone.

BTW - You won't get billed until your unit ships.

04gtf150 04-27-2007 10:17 PM

Have you gotten your worksheets, or anything? I fnot, then you definately need to give them a call.

dajoker 04-28-2007 12:43 AM

I turned my Xcal2 and airaid intake worksheets in on 24 February 2007 i got the Xcal today 27 April 2007, but did not get the Airaid intake. There was a note on the invoice that said it would ship from the manufacturer. I don't know when that will be. Hope this helps. Just give them a call.

STEVEN30 04-28-2007 06:47 AM

I ordered my AF 1 on 4/25 and UPS says I will have it on 4/30. Then I ordered my XCALII yeterday 4/30. I have already received and completed my worksheets. Then I received a call to go over my tunes. Then I was given a lead time of 5-6 weeks.

BlacknGold 04-28-2007 12:51 PM

I will have to agree with dennisfranz I called thursday and they said it will be another 5 to 7 business days. And I have to had orderd 2 months ago, it was so long ago I forgot :lol:.

06SoCalScrew 04-28-2007 09:47 PM

I turned in my sheets sometime around the 23rd or 24th of Feb. I ordered a Livewire with the rest of the parts and that automatically put a delay (backorder) on my order.
I believe Mike received the first bulk shipment of Livewires from SCT around the 1st or 2nd week of March. There were quite a few customers with backordered custom Livewires before me.
I finally received all my goodies last Mon. Apr. 23rd.

But all the meanwhile, keeping contact with Troyer Perf. wasn't difficult at all. I must have called there a dozen times with questions and changes, and emailed there probably a dozen times as well and always got responses and replies. I know that the techs (Neil and Chris and Mike Troyer himself) were very busy dyno'ing and custom tuning, that when I would call, I would have to leave a msg with Crystal. But, I always got an answer one way or another.

I found the best way to contact them is to CALL them. If they don't call you back by the next day, call them again. Crystal and Anita were very helpful in getting msgs. and answers to and from Neil, -who was my salesperson.

I for one, was very happy with the customer service at Troyer. :)

Keep trying to call and good luck. :)

Oh, and like MGDfan said, you won't get billed until the order ships.

wxscpo 04-28-2007 11:04 PM

If you just ordered on 4-12 then you are just beginning your wait, especially if you haven't completed your worsheets because that's when you're officially on the waiting list. I turned my sheets on on 19 March so I've been waiting almost 1 1/2 months nows and probably have a couple weeks to go yet. Waiting sucks, but hopefully I won't be dissappointed in the end.

TexEdition 04-28-2007 11:25 PM

props

Maybe not completely on topic, but the only contact I've had with TP - other than ordering my AF1 through their site - was an email I sent just asking several general questions about the Xcal and Xcal2.. I got a very detailed response from Chris the next day.
Also emailed airforce1performance to ask about a window decal and also got a response the next day as well as two of each type of decal in the mail 4 days later, no charge.
Customer service, very nice! :thumbsup:

cottonhead 04-29-2007 09:41 PM

Planning on getting 35's on my stock wheels. Already have a troyer tuned xcal2. How long does it take for them to reconfigure the programs and email them back to me?

04gtf150 04-29-2007 09:42 PM

just call them tomorrow and ask them

mt_b8 04-29-2007 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by cottonhead
Planning on getting 35's on my stock wheels. Already have a troyer tuned xcal2. How long does it take for them to reconfigure the programs and email them back to me?

You shouldn't have to retune for tire size, that is one of the end user functions on the XCAL II, the ability to adjust for change in tire size.:)

Dennis G. Morgan 05-01-2007 10:45 AM

All good things come to those who wait; be patient "Grasshopper". It took me approx. 2 1/2 months to get my Xcal II and AF-1(already had installed my Magnaflow catback exhaust). Troyer will come through for you. I had a minor problem loading my tunes. Within an hour; Anita, Chystal, and Neil had the problem solved and I was able to successfully install my "tunes".
Trust me, the wait is certainly worth it. You'll probably go through a tank of gas with your foot to the floor "waking up" your 5.4L F-150!