F150online Forums

F150online Forums (https://www.f150online.com/forums/)
-   Chips, Tuners & Programming (https://www.f150online.com/forums/chips-tuners-programming-34/)
-   -   Troyer performance ordering (https://www.f150online.com/forums/chips-tuners-programming/284040-troyer-performance-ordering.html)

Penny&Cents 05-09-2007 09:49 AM

HoHoHo!

I ordered my tunes 4-16, and I understand that it will take awhile, but it's like I'm a little kid again on Christmas Eve. I'm dieing with excitement anticipation. Does that make Mike like Santa Clause?

wxscpo 05-09-2007 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by pluckerj
Nope, I am still waiting...... I am after you so I guess it is going to be awhile! :coffee:

Hey I just got off the phone with the folks at Troyer and was told I was about the 7th one down and to expect my tunes to ship on Tuesday. Awesome news, which means your's can't be too far behind and probably would expect them next week sometime.

04gtf150 05-09-2007 09:41 PM

I was put in line on April 23rd and cant wait to get the tunes. Still have the 3.5" AF1 waiting to go on. This weekend my long tubes and e-fans go on. Well at least the e-fans will be on by monday

wxscpo 05-10-2007 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by 04gtf150
I was put in line on April 23rd and cant wait to get the tunes. Still have the 3.5" AF1 waiting to go on. This weekend my long tubes and e-fans go on. Well at least the e-fans will be on by monday

Man I can only imagine your anticipation since you're just beginning your wait time. I know if I were just now thinking of ordering and seeing all the 2 month wait times for these tunes it would probably make me rethink my decision. Ultimitely I would still go with Troyer (all the guys recommending him on this site can't be wrong), but knowing I still had 2 months ahead of me would drive me crazy. It's getting easier for me because I'm near the end instead of the beginning. Hang in there and I'm sure the wait's going ot be worth it in the end for all of us.

pluckerj 05-10-2007 09:35 AM

I know, the anticipation is killing me. I thought I could possibly get mine at the end of the week......or at least thats what they said when I called. They said maybe, so I know that doesnt mean its going to happen. But now that you called and you are getting yours like next week then I still have a ways to go! Still waiting and dreaming of the day! Let us know when you get yours! Cause mine is right behind ya :banana:

No-Tyme 05-10-2007 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by wxscpo
Hey I just got off the phone with the folks at Troyer and was told I was about the 7th one down and to expect my tunes to ship on Tuesday. Awesome news, which means your's can't be too far behind and probably would expect them next week sometime.

It can't be far for me either as you and I faxed our sheets in on the same day... I also have been able to pass the days by riding my FLH on these warmer days. The wind sure feels good on the face...:cool:

pluckerj 05-11-2007 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by No-Tyme
It can't be far for me either as you and I faxed our sheets in on the same day... I also have been able to pass the days by riding my FLH on these warmer days. The wind sure feels good on the face...:cool:

ANYTHING to pass the time :lurk:

wxscpo 05-11-2007 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by pluckerj
I know, the anticipation is killing me. I thought I could possibly get mine at the end of the week......or at least thats what they said when I called. They said maybe, so I know that doesnt mean its going to happen. But now that you called and you are getting yours like next week then I still have a ways to go! Still waiting and dreaming of the day! Let us know when you get yours! Cause mine is right behind ya :banana:

Even though they told me Tuesday I still go home every evening hoping against everything that they are sitting in my email, so far it has always ended with me looking like :(

After I get them I know every fiber in my body will be screaming to rush right out and start installing them. Gotta take my time though and read everything to make sure I get it all right. I will definitely let you know though once I receive my tunes. Our wait is almost over though :banana:

pluckerj 05-11-2007 11:47 AM

Even though they told me Tuesday I still go home every evening hoping against everything that they are sitting in my email, so far it has always ended with me looking like :(

After I get them I know every fiber in my body will be screaming to rush right out and start installing them. Gotta take my time though and read everything to make sure I get it all right. I will definitely let you know though once I receive my tunes. Our wait is almost over though :banana:

I hope our wait is almost over. I thought it was going to take 5 weeks but that didnt happen. I know it will be worth it like yourself once we get them! Next week isnt too far away, since we have been waiting this long. Its almost x-mas time for us! Hopefully I will be the day after you! :beers: Cheers!

BlacknGold 05-11-2007 09:02 PM

I was told that mine where to be started on tuesday and its friday and they are not here yet. I do know that you are talking about as for as inticapation. Waiting for that email. I dont know if he is going to take extra time on mine because I included a copy of a dyno run of my truck stock because is showed my a/f ratio so he is not working blind.

wxscpo 05-11-2007 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by BlacknGold
I was told that mine where to be started on tuesday and its friday and they are not here yet. I do know that you are talking about as for as inticapation. Waiting for that email. I dont know if he is going to take extra time on mine because I included a copy of a dyno run of my truck stock because is showed my a/f ratio so he is not working blind.

This is what will drive me more nuts than I already am. Not knowing when they're coming is one thing, but once you call and they give you a day to expect them and then that day comes and goes and another comes and goes and on and on. Today marks the 39th business day since I faxed in my sheets, much longer than the originally anticipated 18-22 that I had read on a previous thread a couple days before I made my order. The wait is almost over and I know once I get the tunes installed it'll be like, man that wait was nothing. :devil:

pluckerj 05-14-2007 11:41 AM

This is what will drive me more nuts than I already am. Not knowing when they're coming is one thing, but once you call and they give you a day to expect them and then that day comes and goes and another comes and goes and on and on. Today marks the 39th business day since I faxed in my sheets, much longer than the originally anticipated 18-22 that I had read on a previous thread a couple days before I made my order. The wait is almost over and I know once I get the tunes installed it'll be like, man that wait was nothing. :devil:

So you are supposed to get yours tomorrow huh? make sure you let us know when you get them! I am going a little nuts right now waiting for mine!

jbravo316 05-14-2007 09:58 PM

You guys consider yourself lucky only having to wait a couple of months to get your mods. What I thought was going to be 3 or 4 months waiting time will soon be creeping up on 11 months, and I really don't expect to get it back that soon :( . Your right, the waiting totally sucks for sure.:eek:

wxscpo 05-14-2007 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by jbravo316
You guys consider yourself lucky only having to wait a couple of months to get your mods. What I thought was going to be 3 or 4 months waiting time will soon be creeping up on 11 months, and I really don't expect to get it back that soon :( . Your right, the waiting totally sucks for sure.:eek:

Damn what the heck are you waiting for?

FordTruckX2 05-15-2007 01:05 AM

Fellas, sorry for the long post, but I just had to chime in...

Just received my software tunes on Mother's Day (Sunday), but due to Mother's Day activities, I could get to it until today (late).

I placed my order on March 5, if that is any type of timeframe idea for you. I actually received my Xcal II device just last week, but my truck situation was a little unique in that Troyer Performance wanted to double check my PCM code against the read strategy. In other words, Troyer wanted to ensure that my PCM was not reflashed at the dealer during routine service without my knowledge. As such, my software tunes were e-mailed a few days later.

Again, very late at night, but I loaded up the 1st tune - 87 performance. Wow, what a difference! The truck seems to have firmer shift points and seems to have more acceleration. With my 6" lift and 35's added, the truck was running a little sluggish as the PCM was little reading "OEM" (3.55, 2WD). I only drove approx 6-8 miles so this is a very preliminary, but a very positive review (again late at night and I missed tucking the kids in bed).:( I only drove for about 10 minutes and I didn't go WOT.

I have not yet loaded the 91 performance tune as I still have over 3/4 tank of 87 octane gas that needs to be used. I also received the 87 towing tune.

For now, just hang in there for the wait...Troyer Performance is quite busy at the moment and I did not want to call them everyday or week just to get an update. I wanted them to take their time and program the software tunes as accurately possible for my truck. The fact that Mike wanted to double check my PCM just goes to show you what steps he (and the rest of the staff) is willing to take to ensure that the product works and works very well.

I can't wait to drive to work tomorrow...! I will certainly follow this thread closely and report my findings with the 91 performance. Shouldn't take my too long to burn through my existing 87 gas..:rocker: