F150online Forums

F150online Forums (https://www.f150online.com/forums/)
-   Chips, Tuners & Programming (https://www.f150online.com/forums/chips-tuners-programming-34/)
-   -   Troyer performance ordering (https://www.f150online.com/forums/chips-tuners-programming/284040-troyer-performance-ordering.html)

Rickinok 04-27-2007 08:03 PM

Troyer performance ordering

Does anyone know how long it takes to get a programmer from Troyer? I ordered one on 4-12 and haven't heard a thing from them.I can't even get them to return emails. Maybe they are just busy but I would think that over 2 weeks since paying for their product I would at least get an answer to my email. Anyone know anything about them?

Thanks
Rick

turtle313 04-27-2007 08:09 PM

Call them. I've been dealing with them through email only because I don't have access to a phone and it has never taken longer than 2 days for me to get a reply. I'm sure if you call, they will be more than happy to provide you the status of your order. If you read a few other threads, you will read nothing but positive things about the services they provide and the customer service that comes with it.

dennisfranz 04-27-2007 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by Rickinok
Does anyone know how long it takes to get a programmer from Troyer? I ordered one on 4-12 and haven't heard a thing from them.I can't even get them to return emails. Maybe they are just busy but I would think that over 2 weeks since paying for their product I would at least get an answer to my email. Anyone know anything about them?

Thanks
Rick

I was told 3 months when I finally contacted them.

MGDfan 04-27-2007 08:19 PM

Thanks
Rick

The phone. Use the phone.

BTW - You won't get billed until your unit ships.

04gtf150 04-27-2007 10:17 PM

Have you gotten your worksheets, or anything? I fnot, then you definately need to give them a call.

dajoker 04-28-2007 12:43 AM

I turned my Xcal2 and airaid intake worksheets in on 24 February 2007 i got the Xcal today 27 April 2007, but did not get the Airaid intake. There was a note on the invoice that said it would ship from the manufacturer. I don't know when that will be. Hope this helps. Just give them a call.

STEVEN30 04-28-2007 06:47 AM

I ordered my AF 1 on 4/25 and UPS says I will have it on 4/30. Then I ordered my XCALII yeterday 4/30. I have already received and completed my worksheets. Then I received a call to go over my tunes. Then I was given a lead time of 5-6 weeks.

BlacknGold 04-28-2007 12:51 PM

I will have to agree with dennisfranz I called thursday and they said it will be another 5 to 7 business days. And I have to had orderd 2 months ago, it was so long ago I forgot :lol:.

06SoCalScrew 04-28-2007 09:47 PM

I turned in my sheets sometime around the 23rd or 24th of Feb. I ordered a Livewire with the rest of the parts and that automatically put a delay (backorder) on my order.
I believe Mike received the first bulk shipment of Livewires from SCT around the 1st or 2nd week of March. There were quite a few customers with backordered custom Livewires before me.
I finally received all my goodies last Mon. Apr. 23rd.

But all the meanwhile, keeping contact with Troyer Perf. wasn't difficult at all. I must have called there a dozen times with questions and changes, and emailed there probably a dozen times as well and always got responses and replies. I know that the techs (Neil and Chris and Mike Troyer himself) were very busy dyno'ing and custom tuning, that when I would call, I would have to leave a msg with Crystal. But, I always got an answer one way or another.

I found the best way to contact them is to CALL them. If they don't call you back by the next day, call them again. Crystal and Anita were very helpful in getting msgs. and answers to and from Neil, -who was my salesperson.

I for one, was very happy with the customer service at Troyer. :)

Keep trying to call and good luck. :)

Oh, and like MGDfan said, you won't get billed until the order ships.

wxscpo 04-28-2007 11:04 PM

If you just ordered on 4-12 then you are just beginning your wait, especially if you haven't completed your worsheets because that's when you're officially on the waiting list. I turned my sheets on on 19 March so I've been waiting almost 1 1/2 months nows and probably have a couple weeks to go yet. Waiting sucks, but hopefully I won't be dissappointed in the end.

TexEdition 04-28-2007 11:25 PM

props

Maybe not completely on topic, but the only contact I've had with TP - other than ordering my AF1 through their site - was an email I sent just asking several general questions about the Xcal and Xcal2.. I got a very detailed response from Chris the next day.
Also emailed airforce1performance to ask about a window decal and also got a response the next day as well as two of each type of decal in the mail 4 days later, no charge.
Customer service, very nice! :thumbsup:

cottonhead 04-29-2007 09:41 PM

Planning on getting 35's on my stock wheels. Already have a troyer tuned xcal2. How long does it take for them to reconfigure the programs and email them back to me?

04gtf150 04-29-2007 09:42 PM

just call them tomorrow and ask them

mt_b8 04-29-2007 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by cottonhead
Planning on getting 35's on my stock wheels. Already have a troyer tuned xcal2. How long does it take for them to reconfigure the programs and email them back to me?

You shouldn't have to retune for tire size, that is one of the end user functions on the XCAL II, the ability to adjust for change in tire size.:)

Dennis G. Morgan 05-01-2007 10:45 AM

All good things come to those who wait; be patient "Grasshopper". It took me approx. 2 1/2 months to get my Xcal II and AF-1(already had installed my Magnaflow catback exhaust). Troyer will come through for you. I had a minor problem loading my tunes. Within an hour; Anita, Chystal, and Neil had the problem solved and I was able to successfully install my "tunes".
Trust me, the wait is certainly worth it. You'll probably go through a tank of gas with your foot to the floor "waking up" your 5.4L F-150!

2003 f150 05-01-2007 07:39 PM

I Ordered Mine 3/1/07, It's Supposed To Be Here 5/3/07

05extcabflare 05-01-2007 08:29 PM

I had get my xcal2 redone because dealership updated my computer. Now they said its going to be weeks before I get my xcal2 reprogramed. Which really bites because I pull 7000lb camper with 35" tires. I got magnaflow siso exhaust, AF1 3.5 intake which I cannot use. Summer going to be over by then.
https://www.f150online.com/galleries...424-189789.jpg

1/2Breed 05-01-2007 09:00 PM

I received mine

I ordered an ignition upgrade from Troyer on Tues. April 24th and I received them today 5-01-07. One week total that was pretty decent I thought not to mention I e-mailed them a couple of times and received quick responses. Hope you can get your problem solved them seemed honest and sincere to me.

MGDfan 05-01-2007 09:25 PM

~deleted~

stoffer 05-01-2007 10:19 PM

Thanks
Rick

rick I ordered my tunes before you and I am still waiting, so hang on, be patient and hopefully the wait will be worth it (I'm sure it will be)

MGDfan 05-01-2007 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by tarajerame
rick I ordered my tunes before you and I am still waiting, so hang on, be patient and hopefully the wait will be worth it (I'm sure it will be)

^^^ X2 & worth it ( did I mention the phone thingy? lol ) ^^^

pluckerj 05-02-2007 08:34 AM

Yeah, I ordered mine on March 21st and I am still waiting for mine! I called last wednesday and they said approximately 7 days which is today (5-2) but I still havent been billed. I know the wait will be worth it but man does it suck. Good things come to those who wait!!!!:coffee:

wxscpo 05-02-2007 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by pluckerj
Yeah, I ordered mine on March 21st and I am still waiting for mine! I called last wednesday and they said approximately 7 days which is today (5-2) but I still havent been billed. I know the wait will be worth it but man does it suck. Good things come to those who wait!!!!:coffee:

I think I will be giving the folks at Troyer a call tomorrow after reading this one. I ordered mine on the 15th and sent my sheets in on the 19th so I should have mine or be getting them soon. I was charged weeks ago becuase they sent me my AF1 and Xcal II, all I'm waiting on is the tunes ot come via email.

Heston 17 05-02-2007 09:15 PM

Keep us posted if you get any good info

Superchips_Distributor 05-03-2007 06:05 PM

Hi everyone!

For beowolf - good to see you! Thanks for your kind post & kudos, they are appreciated! With the newer ETC 4.6 F-150's like yours, we tune them to make as much (if not more) power at the real wheels that a stock 5.4 3V does. That makes the 4.6 a far better truck to drive, as your results show. :)

For Slash123 - yes, you can do mods later! Now in the 2004 & newer trucks when you add an intake kit, especially the 5.4 3V, usually we need to tweak the tune due to the intake kit causing a lean condition – but if you use the intake kit that we recommend (like the 3.5" AF1 which gets the best results) then we can simply make that change to the MAF section and email out those changes to you pretty quickly, and in some cases, free - like if someone just bought our tuning and decides soon after to also purchase the AF1 intake from us, we can simply make the changes required to the tunes & email out so they have both the new intake and the tuning changes quickly. Whether it’s free or not depends on how long after we tuned it because of the ongoing changes to our software making it sometimes necessary to write new tunes from scratch. If we can simply make that one change to the existing tunes, then we do those AF1 intake kit tuning changes free, but if we have to make all new tunes, then we charge a small fee.

For cat-back exhaust systems, we do not need to change anything in your tuning, so that is not an issue. And of course, as always, if you ever want to go over a particular type of mod to see if it requires tuning changes, or what mods would be wise to choose next based on whatever you already have at a point in the future, etc., always feel free to call us & we'll be happy to go over that with you. :)

Superchips_Distributor 05-03-2007 06:08 PM

Hi Everyone,

First, I think I will have to break this up into 2 posts….

Well, I think by now we can all see that people do not have any inherent problem communicating with us - we are a simple phone call away, as can be seen in the many responses here about this. :)

Now our email load *is* extremely heavy, so we have always said do NOT expect timely responses in email, it's not possible - and I say that despite all of the many posts right in this thread from people saying how they DID always get timely responses in email from us. Of course we do try, that is obvious or those types of responses would not be here - but I do need to make it clear that this simply is not always possible with the hundreds of emails we get everyday. Additionally, there are always some emails that simply do not get thru – so we ask that if you have not heard back from us in email within a few days, or *any time* you want to communicate with us in a timely manner, please pick up the phone and call us, as it costs next to nothing these days to call anyone here in the US, and you will find us very easy to communicate with - and we are honored to get your calls & emails! :)

Just FYI with regard to timeframe on tuning - I know that sometimes people complain about the timeframe to get our custom tuning - and trust me, we understand!! :) But please also understand this - we are not going to compromise on the quality of our tuning. Nor are we going to tell people they cannot come here and get work done, or get onto the dyno, etc., we have to do it all. We try our best to accommodate everyone, and most people understand that and are happy to do business with us because we do bend over backwards. Another thing that can add time is, just for example, this kind of scenario - a guy buys our tuning, and then calls back for the AF1 intake kit very shortly afterwards, which requires changes to his tuning - we don't make them wait the whole time all over again, we try to make those changes and get them out to him ASAP along with the intake kit - as it should be. That aside, we do tuning in the order that we receive all of the info we need, the same way we do changes based on datalogging.

(con't)

Superchips_Distributor 05-03-2007 06:11 PM

One thing here lately that put us a bit more behind last month was that we had a LOT of trucks to install Roush blowers on and dyno tune (and all of them have now been completed and we are scheduling more in right now - anyone can get in within a week or so and get their blower installed). A real kicker was that Roush really threw us a couple of major curve balls in their tuning on one (and only one) truck that requiring us to do a major R&D project, instantly interrupting everything - a 2006 truck here for the blower install a little while ago, when we dyno'd it, the A/F's & power were great, & most would have let it go like that. But we didn't, when a vehicle is here we very carefully datalog everything and spend the time to analyze that data, and that is how we found a couple of things we wanted to see different, even though it delivered perfect A/F ratios, made great power and drove great. We felt the fuel pump was working a bit hard at full-throttle, so that if they did a LOT of all-out top speed runs (150+ mph, admittedly extreme), they might have an increased failure rate of the fuel pump. Yes, rare, but we take EVERYTHING into consideration. So we had to do 25+ hours of extra dyno work alone, and countless additional hours of R&D just to test out all of the changes & fixes required to get it how we want it on that one truck for how we set them up for best safe & sustainable performance. That alone killed the better part of two whole weeks. In retrospect, we could have let the vehicle go out as it was, as the A/F's were fine, but we are not satisfied with that - when we see anything different, we want to know why and determine the best way to make it do what we want, being the anal SOB's we are. :)

THAT is the kind of work we do here. THAT is why we are renowned for being the best F-series tuners & modifiers, and we are not going to compromise that - you *deserve* that kind of commitment and effort, so we're not about to change.

Even though we have specialized in tuning these trucks for over 15 years, we do not build up a "library" of tunes for them as some have suggested in other threads. There are hundreds of different PCM revisions each and every model year alone in the F-150, unlike any other vehicle on the planet!! So we make each and every tune individually, one by one by one, and we are *constantly* doing ongoing R&D so that every tune we send out is the very best it can be - this painstaking work, the sheer amount of which makes custom tuning a big money-loser for us (yes, ever custom tune we do, we lose money on), is what is required to be able to always do world-class tuning in these trucks.

This is why your trucks run the way they do with our tuning, and why we have to not only specialize in these trucks, but to be so obsessive, to eat, sleep, own & breathe them if you are going to be able to really know how to modify them for best safe & sustainable performance - and it's how we have earned your trust.

But it does take time, you guys are absolutely right - and I apologize for that, my friends.

We know you want your tuning NOW - we feel the same way when we order products, but we also appreciate those many who understand we are delivering something that is far more in depth than is available anywhere else, that results from mountains of R&D that nobody else has done like we do on these vehicles - our customers deserve that extra work and time, so they get the very best that can be done on each vehicle. Some people think F-150's are cookie-cutter vehicles, but the reality is, nothing could be further from the truth - and that is why we have to spend so much time on our tuning, testing, R&D, and constantly revising how we do certain things on certain vehicle strategies, etc.

Anyway, all the Roush stuff that we install so much of has all been caught up, and we have also knocked out some of the datalogs, and will be getting a LOT of your tunes out very quickly over this next couple of weeks! :)

Just wanted to tell you a bit about how that works - thanks so much for your understanding, everyone, and I hope I have managed to convey this in a manner that does not offend anyone!

wxscpo 05-03-2007 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by Superchips_Distributor
Anyway, all the Roush stuff that we install so much of has all been caught up, and we have also knocked out some of the datalogs, and will be getting a LOT of your tunes out very quickly over this next couple of weeks! :)

:bows: Please let my tune be one of the ones you're speaking of. :D

NKwish 05-03-2007 11:03 PM

"we do not build up a "library" of tunes for them as some have suggested in other threads. There are hundreds of different PCM revisions each and every model year alone in the F-150, unlike any other vehicle on the planet!! So we make each and every tune individually, one by one by one, and we are *constantly* doing ongoing R&D so that every tune we send out is the very best it can be -"

I was one of those with the library comment....Sorry, I stand corrected. I knew about the wait times before I placed my order, so I would never complain directly to TP, just spewing my .02 on the forum. As much as I would like to have my tuner sooner, I wouldnt take a "can" tuner for half the cost of a TP product if it was delivered same day. Man this "egg" tastes good:o

jes1f150 05-03-2007 11:43 PM

Thanks Mike!!! For most of us, we understand how long the wait is no matter how painful it is! However, taking the time to explain how the process is working wright now is very appreciated by me and Im sure by others!!! Also I love what you told Beowolf about the newer 4.6. Cant wait for my Xcal2!!!!!

pluckerj 05-04-2007 08:34 AM

I agree, most of us have done the research to see that there have been extensive wait times for the TP tunes. We still ordered them knowing the wait times.....Thats because we know that it will all be worth it when that special day comes :rocker: For myself, I have set up the entire day for when I get my stuff from TP. I cant wait, and I know that every day that passes I am getting one more day closer to when my truck kicks some serious tail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks to TP for all the research and I wouldnt trust my truck to anyone who wasnt obsessed like me......more than me.....with my F-150 :thumbsup:

curio 05-04-2007 06:24 PM

I agree, most of us have done the research to see that there have been extensive wait times for the TP tunes. We still ordered them knowing the wait times.....Thats because we know that it will all be worth it when that special day comes :rocker:

Absolutely! I ordered my custom tune today (finally) over the phone, and Anita told me that the wait is quite long right now; but I feel the wait is well worth it. I told her that I haven't purchased my camper yet, so I don't mind the wait. :lol:

However, I did receive my forms via email right away. So far, so good - they've been very helpful. So until I get my tune, I'll be dreaming of lollipops, candy, and a strong healthy F150. :D

alfack 05-04-2007 07:05 PM

I agree. I don't mind the wait. It would be nice if they could give better estimates though, so I am not checking my email so frantically :) I sent my worksheets in on the 5th of April and was told a few more weeks yet. Just anxious to put on the AF1 3.5" and load up a performance tune.

Speaking of tune, does anyone else notice an engine hickup when you start to go up a hill? I am hoping the tune will help get rid of this.

2003 f150 05-04-2007 07:53 PM

I ORDERED MINE 3/1/07, GOT THEM 5/3/07. LOADED THE 89 PERF. TUNE YESTERDAY, THE 93 DRAG TODAY. CAN YOU SAY WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!? NOTICABLE DIFFERANCE:beers:

05extcabflare 05-04-2007 08:37 PM

Got a call yetersday from troyer and my tunes will be done next week. CAN'T WAIT. Now my IMRC fixed what a difference in power pulling a RV camper. Now its going unleash the real power it has. 35" tires and 7000lb pulled no problem which I only pulled it 100 miles round trip. Getting ready to go canfield Ohio in July 28 for truck jamboree. Already find a spot to go camping. Made reservations. Going camping other places mean time.

wxscpo 05-04-2007 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by 05extcabflare
Got a call yetersday from troyer and my tunes will be done next week. CAN'T WAIT. Now my IMRC fixed what a difference in power pulling a RV camper. Now its going unleash the real power it has. 35" tires and 7000lb pulled no problem which I only pulled it 100 miles round trip. Getting ready to go canfield Ohio in July 28 for truck jamboree. Already find a spot to go camping. Made reservations. Going camping other places mean time.

Hey when did you place your order? I know when one person gets theirs is not any indicator of when another person may get theirs, but it seems to be right around a 2 month wait time right now. If that's the case I still have a couple weeks yet, but Mike's email yesterday gave me hope that it would be sooner than that since they are finally caught up and can start finishing up some tunes. Thanks

mt_b8 05-04-2007 11:24 PM

Sent my worksheets in today. Xcal II and 3.5" AF1, can't wait till July!:D

05extcabflare 05-05-2007 12:02 PM

I ordered my tuner in february. Took my truck got it dyno'd at troyer perf and Mike found a bad IMRC valve. Its all listed in my "ROAD TRIP" post. Got it fixed at the dealer and then they updated my computer and then the old tunes wouldn't work. I got it towed to the dealer they reflashed my computer because it wouldn't start after loading old tunes. Now I had to get reprogrammed to match computer in the truck. So I been waiting for while also.

They been working lonnnnnggggggg hours to get everyones tunes done soon.

pluckerj 05-06-2007 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by wxscpo
Hey when did you place your order? I know when one person gets theirs is not any indicator of when another person may get theirs, but it seems to be right around a 2 month wait time right now. If that's the case I still have a couple weeks yet, but Mike's email yesterday gave me hope that it would be sooner than that since they are finally caught up and can start finishing up some tunes. Thanks

I called on Friday, May 4th and they said there is a good possibility that mine will be done next week and I ordered mine right after you did! So, it shouldnt be long for us to have the toys we have been waiting for :beers:

wxscpo 05-06-2007 08:38 PM

I called on Friday, May 4th and they said there is a good possibility that mine will be done next week and I ordered mine right after you did! So, it shouldnt be long for us to have the toys we have been waiting for :beers:

Ahhh that is great news. Now I'll be rushing home every night to see if my tunes are in my email. Hopefully they come in tomorrow because I actuallly took the day off. :beers: