Troyer performance ordering

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 01:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
quick question or two

I'm ready to order up an Xcal II myself and understand that it'll take awhile..
But :

1) are you guys running already heavily modded trucks that would require more time to tune for?

2) does TP ship you the actual tuner w/out the tunes installed and then you wait for the email that contains your tunes?

3) 11 MONTHS??!! did I mis-read that? what would cause a year-long wait?

4) is the wait time for LiveWire similar, (I understand it comes with canned tunes until the custom are ready) and are any of y'all running it? Impressions, feedback?

Thanks!!

Old 05-15-2007, 01:22 AM
Originally Posted by TexEdition
But :

1) are you guys running already heavily modded trucks that would require more time to tune for?

2) does TP ship you the actual tuner w/out the tunes installed and then you wait for the email that contains your tunes?

4) is the wait time for LiveWire similar, (I understand it comes with canned tunes until the custom are ready) and are any of y'all running it? Impressions, feedback?

Thanks!!
I was told that the livewire update software isn't working yet so the tunes have to be loaded before it's mailed. I ordered mine a while back and still haven't received it. I think I'll call tomorrow to check on it.

Old 05-15-2007, 07:42 AM
But :

Thanks!!
I have a new exhaust on my truck but that is the only mod until the new intake comes in! But this is not normal wait time due to Troyer having to do 4 roush trucks which took a bunch of time each. That put us on a little delay. I ordered mine March 21st and called yesterday and they said it will ship either Tuesday or Wednesday? Hey, thats today or tomorrow! Will definitely let you guys know when they get here!

Old 05-15-2007, 08:57 AM
Quote:
But :

1) are you guys running already heavily modded trucks that would require more time to tune for? Some are some are not.

2) does TP ship you the actual tuner w/out the tunes installed and then you wait for the email that contains your tunes? Usually

3) 11 MONTHS??!! did I mis-read that? what would cause a year-long wait? I believe that to be wrong.

4) is the wait time for LiveWire similar, (I understand it comes with canned tunes until the custom are ready) and are any of y'all running it? Impressions, feedback? Livewire came on the CD that came with the programmer, but it contained no tunes.

Thanks!!

Old 05-15-2007, 06:04 PM
But :

Thanks!!
My truck has an AF1 (3" tube), 6" Fabtech lift and 35x12.50r18 tires. That's all the mods I have so far.

I actually got my Xcal II within a week of my order, but that's because I also ordered my AF1 at the same time. Rather than making two shipments it was all shipped at the same time. Getting my Xcal II allowed me to check the stragedy on my truck and send that information to Troyer.

Today is the day I was told I could expect my tunes and so far no tunes. Oh well I have to go out tonight anyways so I couldn't install them. Hopefully they'll be in the inbox when I get home or tomorrow.

Old 05-15-2007, 10:22 PM
I got my email that my AF1 intake and xcal II with my tunes have been shipped out and the tracking number says that I will get it this FRIDAY!!!! The 18th!!!!

The thing that sucks now is I still have to wait 3 days, but I will take that because this weekend is going to rock!!!!!!

Hopefully you got your tunes in your email today, if not I would call them tomorrow.

We will be much happier I am sure once these bad boys are installed.

Old 05-15-2007, 11:04 PM
Well no tunes today , but your email gives me hope that they'll be here soon becuase mine are coming via email and not shipping. Hopefully tomorrow nigfht I will be giving you much better news.

Old 05-16-2007, 07:35 AM
Originally Posted by wxscpo
Well no tunes today , but your email gives me hope that they'll be here soon becuase mine are coming via email and not shipping. Hopefully tomorrow nigfht I will be giving you much better news.
Yea, that sucks but at least when they send yours it wont take 3 days!!!! I know mine are done but I wont get them until Friday, and thats if there isnt any delays with UPS???

OK, its going to be all installed this Sunday!
(Do you think I used enough animations?)

Old 05-16-2007, 06:50 PM
Originally Posted by pluckerj
Yea, that sucks but at least when they send yours it wont take 3 days!!!! I know mine are done but I wont get them until Friday, and thats if there isnt any delays with UPS???

OK, its going to be all installed this Sunday!
(Do you think I used enough animations?)
Well another day and no tunes. I really thought they'd be here today after being told last week to expect them yesterday, but I was alright that they weren't here yesterday, I'm not alright that they aren't here today. The good thing about your's is yes it may take 3 days to get them, but the good thing is you know your tune's are actually done and on their way. No more waiting around for you wondering when your tune's are going to be comepleted. I faxed my sheets in before you and my tunes are coming via email so if your's are done and in the mail where the hell are mine? How the hell do I end up behind someone who ordered theirs AFTER I did? I was alright until this and now it's beyond frustrating. I don't think that for the price we pay for these that a little update is beyond the realm of expectations. I didn't have a chance to call today (in conference all day), but I will definitely be calling tomorrow.

Old 05-16-2007, 08:25 PM
Damn what the heck are you waiting for?
I won't go into details cause that would take all day to explain just what I have been through waiting to finally get my truck back. All I will say at this time, is that I am waiting for the SECOND motor to get built, delivered, and installed because the FIRST motor that was built was JUNK, and it goes on and on and on .

Old 05-17-2007, 12:05 AM
Originally Posted by pluckerj
I got my email that my AF1 intake and xcal II with my tunes have been shipped out and the tracking number says that I will get it this FRIDAY!!!! The 18th!!!!

The thing that sucks now is I still have to wait 3 days, but I will take that because this weekend is going to rock!!!!!!

Hopefully you got your tunes in your email today, if not I would call them tomorrow.

We will be much happier I am sure once these bad boys are installed.

When did you order yours?? I turned my worksheets in on April 6. I know I have a bit more time to wait! Im just trying to get an idea of were I stand in the runnings. I complained to my doctor about the wait and he thinks I need theraphy (but then again he drive's a Dodge)! WHERE IS MY XCAL2!!! JK! I know, good things come to those who wait!

Last edited by jes1f150; 05-17-2007 at 12:12 AM.
Old 05-17-2007, 12:12 AM
Originally Posted by jes1f150
When did you order yours?? I turned my worksheets in on April 6. I know I have a bit more time to wait! Im just trying to get an idea of were I stand in the runnings. I complained to my doctor about the wait and he thinks I need theraphy (but then again he drive's a Dodge)! WERE IS MY XCAL2!!! JK! I know, good things come to those who wait!
He placed his order 2 days AFTER me and I'm still waiting on mine. I'm really glad he's getting mine because I know how painful this wait is so to see someone actually receiving his tunes around the same time I ordered mine is a good thing. I think though that you probably have a couple weeks to go based on when we did our orders (I sent my sheets in on 19 Mar and when they receive your sheets is when you're officially on the waiting list). I am really hoping tomorrow is the day mine come in since I'm off all day and can actually get them installed.

Old 05-17-2007, 12:23 AM
He placed his order 2 days AFTER me and I'm still waiting on mine. I'm really glad he's getting mine because I know how painful this wait is so to see someone actually receiving his tunes around the same time I ordered mine is a good thing. I think though that you probably have a couple weeks to go based on when we did our orders (I sent my sheets in on 19 Mar and when they receive your sheets is when you're officially on the waiting list). I am really hoping tomorrow is the day mine come in since I'm off all day and can actually get them installed.
I figured I had a couple of weeks But I wish you the best of luck on receiving yours tommorrow!

Old 05-17-2007, 12:25 AM
How long is the wait time now if someone placed an order today for an Af1 w/tunes???

Still debating on Roushcharger or bolt-ons...

Old 05-17-2007, 12:47 AM
Originally Posted by Super FX4
How long is the wait time now if someone placed an order today for an Af1 w/tunes???

Still debating on Roushcharger or bolt-ons...
Hard to say because they had several trucks that they were working on which pushed them back a couple of weeks about the time I ordered my tunes. In previous threads I had read where it took 18-22 business days, but mine has been double that, but again there were some circumstances that extended my wait time. Reading several posts in this thread makes it seem like the wait time is like 2 months now. I think you're probably better off giving Troyer Performance a call and talking with them to help give you a better idea.

Quick Reply: Troyer performance ordering