Touchy Touchy

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2006, 03:18 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I want to thank the Webmaster for pointing out the *truth* - and for those who do not like what we do, your might want to remember that what we do here is basically the impossible - for a company at our volume level it is virtually impossible to keep up with the posts here and help so many people like we do, and still do all of the testing & R&D (that no one else does at our level, by the way) - which means we make extremely little profit - which is why nobody else does what we do over the long haul, or makes the sacrifices that we do to accomplish what we do - and take care of all of our customers at the same time.

Yet we manage to do just that, pretty well most of the time - and I can tell you that it's a herculean effort I wouldn't wish on anyone.

How is that possible??

By having additional staff to do other things I normally would be doing, by sacrificing our web site's content and thus it showing only 2% (at best) of what we carry instead of us really putting the time into it that we should, by certain people at Troyer Performance working 7 days a week, from the minute we awake until the minute we collapse - literally - every day. And by operating at darned little net profit - almost none. Heck, in the 18 years my wife & I have been together, we have not ONCE had a vacation - not one single time, and those of you who know Anita know she deserves better.

That, and many other sacrifices, are the rather extreme measures we have to go thru to be able to do what we do.

Most people appreciate the extreme efforts that we go to, and are very articulate in showing that appreciation, and they are to be commended - only a very few do not, and they also tend to be, more often than not, the same people who thrive on nastiness and don't contribute anything here other than strife, while pretending to be some kind of expert giving everyone advice - such as the individual the Webmaster pointed out by name, for example. Nobody is fooling anyone - the Webmaster, ourselves, and many, many members & "lurkers" here know perfectly well who the troublemakers & bashers who contribute nothing other than strife really are, as well as what your real intentions, affiliations, & inclinations are.

Now we want everyone to be able to enjoy this site - but the bottom line is, this is one section, and those few of you who do not like what happens here, well, we're sorry about that, but your participation here is strictly voluntary - and it is also a *privilege* - not anything you have any "right" to.

This site is provided to everyone completely free of charge - by people like me, just for one example, who provide very large amounts of financial support, because that is what it takes to make a gigantic web site like this able to operate, and operate at a very high level of service, with extremely high bandwidth & throughput rates, which are the envy of most other sites. And we do that because we believe this site is needed.

Lest any of us forget, this is Steve Eppinger's web site - it belongs to *him* - and it is a site that takes an extreme amount of time, effort and sacrifice on his part, and his entire family, just to make this place available free of charge to all of you - and the vast majority know & greatly appreciate that, and are to be commended for that. I think a few (thankfully it's only a few) however, who do need to appreciate that a bit more, and maybe even, dare I say it, thank him for it once in a while.

There are no words to properly convey what Steve & his family have gone thru for the past decade to make this site, keep it alive, and turn it into what it is today - the single best resource on the Internet for the Ford truck & SUV enthusiast - and the very first Ford truck & SUV enthusiast web site, which basically created an entire industry.

I hope that gives a bit more perspective on this, and our sincere thanks to the vast, vast majority of you who help to make this a wonderful place to be - we have so many tens of thousands of fine members who go out of their way to help total strangers with no compensation whosoever, other than the satisfaction of helping their fellow man - and our thanks to Steve Eppinger, who goes thru pure Hell in keeping this site in line.

We wish you all well,

Last edited by Superchips_Distributor; 02-27-2006 at 03:21 PM.
Old 02-27-2006, 03:34 PM
Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ganiman

I will say,it would be nice to have more than 1 tuner(s. vendor) in this here forum...I cant Imagine why other tuners arent here offering their insight
I would like to see this also but do you think that would ever take place? just think if you had tuners like (JDM, JLP, PSP and others) post in the same section as the ones who already do? you would have everyone backing up their favorite vendor instead of getting usefull information from there posts....ppl buy there tunes/tuners from the other vendors for a reason(whatever it might be) and maybe the other tuners decide not to post in this section because they know they dont need to advertise for the business or that they dont need to be included in the drama that takes place in here

Old 02-27-2006, 04:08 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
just think if you had tuners like (JDM, JLP, PSP and others) post in the same section as the ones who already do?
are you saying that jdm, jlp and psp post on a regular basis in the lightning forum and the 3 are all chummy? pretty sure at one time or another they have all threaten each other and offered to meet people to strap it on.

Old 02-27-2006, 04:30 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by BROTHERDAVE
are you saying that jdm, jlp and psp post on a regular basis in the lightning forum and the 3 are all chummy? pretty sure at one time or another they have all threaten each other and offered to meet people to strap it on.
no I never said that they never have there outs with each other, thats part of competitive business, but you do see them complimenting each other on new products and ideas

Old 02-27-2006, 05:49 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Let me take this opportunity so say a BIG THANKS to Steve for a quality web sight he provides to us FREE

Old 02-27-2006, 05:56 PM
I'm still waiting to see what someone has said about Troyer Performance that is false?

Old 02-27-2006, 06:09 PM
Originally Posted by BROTHERDAVE
{snip!} offered to meet people to strap it on.
That doesn't sound good[IMG] [/IMG]

Old 02-28-2006, 07:09 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
oh yah raider the lightner forum and tuners dont have near the drama

look what happens over $10

https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=230772

Old 03-01-2006, 09:12 AM
Suspended
BROTHERDAVE I wasnt talking about drama over there I was talking about the drama in this section....yes the customer was unhappy but at the end of the post he was taken care off by the tuner without having to pay any extra money

there is only a small % who post up complaints on these boards...most of them call/email there complaints to there vendors that you and the rest of us dont see...so when there is a complaint/rant posted ppl jump on the bandwagon to stir up the pot

Old 03-05-2006, 07:51 PM
Banned
This is absolutely disgusting that a member will get banned for speaking the truth in his own opinion? By simply saying that he didn't think Troyer was the best? So he gets banned? Tell me why this is what should have been done? Everyone always says well this is good, but I(keyword) think that this is better. How is that wrong? I thought that's what this site was made for, no? To ask questions about things suck as wheels,tires,lifts,exhaust, etc? Ask for there opinions is that a bad thing to do? You ask these fellow members of the site to help you make better decisions.

Old 03-05-2006, 07:58 PM
Originally Posted by JJG052590
This is absolutely disgusting that a member will get banned for speaking the truth in his own opinion? By simply saying that he didn't think Troyer was the best? So he gets banned? Tell me why this is what should have been done? Everyone always says well this is good, but I(keyword) think that this is better. How is that wrong? I thought that's what this site was made for, no? To ask questions about things suck as wheels,tires,lifts,exhaust, etc? Ask for there opinions is that a bad thing to do? You ask these fellow members of the site to help you make better decisions.
That's not the reason why someone got suspended as far as I know. The forum is a lot better now so I don't know why you popped in all of a sudden. That is what I think.

Kevin

Old 03-05-2006, 07:59 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by khindal
That's not the reason why someone got suspended as far as I know. The forum is a lot better now so I don't know why you popped in all of a sudden. That is what I think.

Kevin

Well from what i've heard that's what happened

Old 03-05-2006, 08:01 PM
F150online
Founder
Then you heard wrong, were lied to or were only told one biased side. You're welcome to choose the side you want to believe purely based on what you've you were told. Our policy is clearly posted in this thread and there is no need to keep this thread open to debate what you "heard." Thread closed.

Last edited by webmaster; 03-05-2006 at 08:05 PM.

Quick Reply: Touchy Touchy