Touchy Touchy

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2006, 05:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Touchy Touchy

Let me start by saying this. I am a Mike Troyer customer. I bought the XCal2 from him and I am really happy with it but I have also noticed that alot of people want to run him down because of some things that he may or may not have said on other threads. But at the same time what is with this "you cannot talk about Mike or you will be banned from here BS." This is a friggin forum and we should be able to discuss things.

Now I personally will not say anything bad about Mike because I think he does a great job and I love his products. But on the other hand it's okay for some Troyer lovers to blast others with name calling when they dog on Mike and his products but it isnt okay for them to do they same thing back?. WTF is up with that. Kind of a double standard don't you think there Webmaster. I just think the street should go both ways.

Last edited by tbizzle; 02-24-2006 at 05:43 PM.
Old 02-24-2006, 05:52 PM
As much as i would love to see an answer here, i highly doubt there will be one and this thread will merely disapear along with a couple of recent threads.

Oh well, the boss is the boss.

Old 02-24-2006, 06:19 PM
F150online
Founder
Hmm, tbizzle. Did you actually READ what I posted? If so, you would have noticed that I said:
If you want to challenge factual information with factual information --- and not baseless opinion with no evidence --- then you are welcome to do so.
Where in this statement does it say that if you talk about him you will be banned?

And, as usual, a thread that has nothing at all with asinatra could not cross his path without putting in his $.02 --- piling on his opinion which is based on a statement made that is completely, 100% inaccurate. Re-read my thread before posting statements like this. This thread, and the resulting response to inaccurate information, is an absolutely perfect example of why I posted what I did.

Last edited by webmaster; 02-24-2006 at 06:23 PM.
Old 02-24-2006, 08:40 PM
Inaccurate information? Was or was not "***"inatra posted by a Troyer customer on another thread? I don't understand how you can deny that. You cannot deny the fact that anyone who questions Troyer is insulted and personally attacked on this forum and there is no action taken against those members, while those who criticize Troyer are suspended or banned. There are perfectly legitimate and factual challenges that have been presented - and then intentionally supressed or characterized falsey as inappropriate or as a personal attack. No one likes posts that are started merely to insult any vendor. No one is asking for free reign to slander Troyer Performance. All that is desired is an open, rather than biased, dialogue.

Old 02-24-2006, 08:52 PM
F150online
Founder
while those who criticize Troyer are suspended or banned.
Of course I can "deny" that statement because it is 100% untrue. People are not banned here for their dislike of a vendor. Nor are they banned for posting information that is negative about a vendor. Nor are they banned for challenging a vendor. Have you seen the 100's of threads that are around here about Edge vs. Troyer? How can you even assert this kind of claim. It's completely baseless and there is sufficient evidence to debunk it.

People here are banned for beating a dead-horse, being repeatedly disruptive, continually posting unsubstantiated and unfactual information and, perhaps the #1 reason, for pretending to not be associated with a vendor or competitor to a Supporting Vendor when they actually are.

I have been running this site for nearly ten years. And I can say with confidence that I can recall nobody and I repeat, nobody, that has ever been banned simply because they have posted something negative about Mike once or twice. Don't believe me? Read some of the tens of thousands of threads in this forum. There are negative threads. They weren't deleted, the poster were not banned. Ask Mike and he will probably tell you the same thing.

You have an open dialogue here and always have. What changes it from an open dialogue is when a shill from another company pretends that they are something they are not or when someone that has an issue with a vendor spends 95% of his time trolling around for the opportunity to jump on, as is continually the case with asinatra.

Slander is a completely different issue. Courts and attorneys will deal with slander. Thankfully, we have never reached the point where a vendor (or user) has sued another user. I like to think, for the benefit of everyone here, and not just the vendors, that we nip that kind of activity in the bud before it reaches that point.

Let me repeat, when people get banned they fall into one of the categories I noted above, not for stating an opinion once or twice.

As for asintra - he, and the people that have resorted to name-calling, have been warned about their behavior. We do not have the obligation to notify each and every member of the forum that this is taking place, just those that are affected. You have to decide whether or not you want to take our word for that. Indeed, the mere fact that I posted what I did in the thread we are discussing should stand as proof that we see there is an issue here that must end now.

Last edited by webmaster; 02-24-2006 at 08:59 PM.
Old 02-24-2006, 08:58 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I can’t see the reasoning behind bashing Mike; he goes out of his way answering questions and sharing his expertise with everyone, without exception

Vendors that offer as much online support for their product, as TP does, are far and few in between

Old 02-24-2006, 09:07 PM
F150online
Founder
As for my use of the word "inaccurate" it referred solely to this thread. I posted this message because I am certain some of the anti-Mike crowd will try to pick holes in whatever I post. What tbizzle posted was factually inaccurate. I am not accusing tbizzle of being in that crowd. asintra jumped on and attempted to validate this inaccurate information, soley because it involved Mike and something negative, as usual.

Last edited by webmaster; 02-24-2006 at 09:20 PM.

Trending Topics

Old 02-24-2006, 09:33 PM

I will say,it would be nice to have more than 1 tuner(s. vendor) in this here forum...I cant Imagine why other tuners arent here offering their insight

Old 02-24-2006, 09:39 PM
F150online
Founder
Well, Hypertech, Edge & Superchips are all paying sponsors of this site and each knows they are welcome to participate on the forums.

Old 02-24-2006, 09:47 PM
I think that JP and I can both vouch for the webmasters ability to discern what is what and make correct, able minded decisions. I made a mistake and the wrath of the ban wip came down swiftly AND JUSTLY on me. Webmaster was good enough to talk with me about it and allow me to post again on his forum.

As for the TP thing, sure there are some here who like to bash mike. I myself had more than a few head bangings with him. Its very hard to tell the tone of a sentence or point here when you only have normal and YELLING to go with. And, just like the webmaster said, there are more than a few vendors and vendor associates hiding alternate screen names. Just about any fool can see several of them who are not very astute in their mannerisms. After talking to Mike, I can see why several people vehemently defend him. I can also see why others try to tear A$$ at him. To each his own. I changed my mind mid-stride after talking with the man, who was gracious enough to spend almost 2 hours on the horn with some jackass from the boards who talked more chit than a port-a-john most of the time.

Live and let live. Post your opinion and move on.......

Old 02-24-2006, 10:18 PM
Point taken Webmaster,
Let me say I am in no way a M.T.basher,I bought my 1st chip from him back in 12-00 or 1-01,and another in 11-01 when i got my s/c,I was plenty happy w/ them.My "only" point is that the only actual tuner who posts here(for the most part) is Mr T.Its been that way since I signed up to this site.It would be nice to have another actual tuner participate more in this here forum..Again not knocking Mr.T,but competition has a way of making things better for all us customers.And I'd like to see the other s.vendors involved w/ tuning be more vocal about their products/capabilities.Considering they pay $ to post here ,I think everyone would like to see more posts from them..

ps-Webmaster,I know you cant make the other tuners post more here,Im just saying it would be nice if they did .....

Old 02-24-2006, 11:05 PM
I tend to stay out of these arguments because

A. I'm not well versed enough to intelligently discuss the facts.
B. Its like the Lariat vs FX4 arguments only more intense.

However I just read a post in the 04-06 forum that deserves recognition for its apparent even handiness.

https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...6&postcount=31
and
https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...6&postcount=32

Old 02-25-2006, 11:53 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
look no further than the lightning forum.

at one time you had 3 supporting vendors posting on a semi regular basis and a few others. then all the 18 to 22 , you know the guys that now everything ( dont we all at that age) started taking on the vendors trying to nail them on every point, got real ugly and know none of them post much.

for those getting on Mike for lashing out, and i agree some times i go, wow. imagine if you had to defend your knowledge and performace on a public forum daily. not defend it your boss or your family, but from a 20 year old, who is not even a paying customer and who jumps from one brand to another and is pushing a company that is a part time gig and has been in business a year or less.
what i truley do not understand is this, if i want to one up someone or proof they are 2nd place, i will provide the proof in the form of a log of events from, datalogging to mpg to 1/4 trips to dyno runs, evaulate the cost, down time, knowledge of the product.

this has happened before, one (typically young) person getting it in their haed that they have found a superior product, they somehow think that the businessman that does it full time is a saleout and that the up and coming , work out of the house or the "cool" shop that caters to their buddies is the way to go. I can think of 2 that were Pushed before, one ended up keeping everyones money on a group buy and mad several in the supercharger forum mad, the other never answered the phone , had horrible customer service and the member that got banned over pushing them, will now admit that they had horrible customer service.

i would love to see more people here, but if are going to make the hard push, bring the facts and data to back it up.

Old 02-25-2006, 01:44 PM
I read through many of the posts here and occasionally feel the need to reply when a baseless accusation is made. Fortunately for Mike he is very articulate and has no problem defending himself.

I think many people are not happy unless they are unhappy and thrive on creating conflict. I have noticed that when an individual or a business becomes very successful at what they do, some individuals feel the need to start in with personal attacks. I do not understand this behavior, perhaps these individuals are insecure and compensating for something.

Many people, myself included appreciate the job Mike Troyer and his staff do and will continue to do business with them. For those that don't, please spare us your drama and support another vendor.

Old 02-25-2006, 02:05 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
HI!... Well MIKE & ANITA have been tuning and suppling parts for my truck for about 7 years now and I'm very happy with them. They have bent over backwards for me on several occasions and can't thank them enough. So basically you know how I feel on the bashing subject.

Quick Reply: Touchy Touchy