Installed & Verrry Happy

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2001, 03:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Installed & Verrry Happy

My chip was delivered last week 01/11, but I had to wait until 01/15 to get it installed. I had my freind who is a mechanic for the city I work in install the chip. He is very familiar with Ford's, and owns a 99' F250 V10.

I left my rig with him and took his BEAST to work and waited for the phone call. Two hours later it came. When I called him all I could hear in the background was him laughing and the truck being run at WOT. When he stopped laughing he told me "I know why you bought this thing, I want one for my truck".

I had to wait 10 hours before I could drive my truck home since I had just started my shift when he delived the truck back to the parking lot. Once off work it didn't take long to stomp my foot through the floor board to see why he was so happy burning my gas.

It was a big differance from stock. As everyone has said the shifting is beautiful. getting onto a freeway to merge was effortless and extremely fun. Of course there is no traffic at 1:00 in the morning, but who cares.

I have since driven the truck a few more times and I'm very happy with the city driving too. Smooth crisp shifts, and power when I want it. My cheeks hurt from smiling so much

One more thing, I use my truck as a family rig. I have two car seat in the back for my 8 month old son and my 2 1/2 year old daughter.

While taking a trip to my parents house, I had an occassion to have to pass a slow moving big rig, with some faster moving traffic coming up from behind. A hard stomp on the "long skinny pedal" and a loud roar and I was safely around the truck and moving at nice speed.

But what brought a big was when the truck down shifted and the engine "roared", my daughter said "Daddy what was that?" I smiled and told her that "Daddy's truck is happy now"

The Superchip works. Enough said.

Az

------------------
white w/harvest gold trim,2001 supercrew,5.4, w/duraliner and magnaflow exhaust.
next item: superchip

Old 01-19-2001, 03:40 PM
That's a great version of a happy man. Nice truck and do you know the weight difference between the Screw and the supercab? My little girl is 4 and she loves my truck as much as I do. It's amazing how they notice all that stuff. She makes me "peel out" all the time and it's much easier with the superchip. Good luck

------------------
1999 F-150 Lariat SC 2 WD, White/Silver, 5.4L, 3.55LS, K & N FIPK, Superchip, underdrive pulley set, Flowmaster dual chamber one in and duels out, six disc CD changer, towing package and captain chairs

Old 01-20-2001, 12:19 AM
mikey88, I couldn't find the curb weight for your rig, but mine is rated by Kelley Blue book at 4914 lbs.

I love the truck and wish gas was cheaper so I could drive it more..Now I hear since we are having a major electricity crisis with rolling black outs, it has caused the gas being pumped to the proper areas to be down for up to 10 hrs. This of course will lead to higher gas prices.

Anyways, I'll enjoy the low prices while I can.

Take care
Az

Old 01-20-2001, 01:55 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi az,

What a great post, it brought back memories of when I was a young kid, and the rides my father & I would take after he installed a new "go-fast" part back in the 50's, when the Dead Sea was still just sick. I don't know what it is about being a kid, but I too, could always notice a change in engine tone, etc. when he made changes, and I couldn't wait to go riding with him.

It's nice to see both you and your daughter having fun with it, & thanks for your post.

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com
Performance Products F150Online Superchip ordering system: F150Online Superchip Ordering System
First National F-150 Online Rally Event Organizer

Old 01-20-2001, 10:32 PM
Az,
Is you Magnaflow exhaust system a true dual or SI/DO? Did you loose any low end power or torque after the installation? Did you have V&G Muffler install your exhaust? Any plans for a K&N or Airaid? Did you look at the Jet Performance Chip before you selected the Superchip? I haven't heard a whole lot about the Jet chip. Is your SuperCrew a 4x4 or 4x2? I'll keep an eye open for you in town. I'm the one running around with the White/Silver trim, 2001 SuperCrew lariat, 5.4L, 2"/4" drop. I'm getting ready to put the exhaust on next and thinking of an Intake System and Chip. I'm not sure if I want to give up the option of running 87 octane fuel by choosing the Chip...but we'll see!
Mark

Old 01-20-2001, 11:39 PM
hey stylin'
I have 2 jet chips I'll sell for $10 + shipping. The superchip is in the truck.

------------------
97 Lariet-sc-4.6-4x off road-auto-3.55 LS-
superchip-K&N-3"
pvc air box mod-Granetelli MAF

Old 01-21-2001, 11:45 AM
Cool

Stylyn, Your rig should be easy to find since it's lowered. My Magnaflow is single in dual out. I had mine installed in San Jose at a place called Kwik Way (350 s Kiely blvd 408 244 4540). They installed dual Flowmasters on my dad's 97 Gmc and they did a very good job. My total was $370.62.

30 minute muffler was a little cheaper, but Kwik Way has been doing muff's for 30 years and is family owned. Both places said you can do a true dual system with our trucks, but Kwik Way said he had done one on a screw and it sounded horrible, and he took it off. They also recommended Magnaflow's over Flowmasters, even though he is a flowmaster dealer. He said Ford trucks tend to sound better with Magnaflow's. My dad's Gmc sounds great with Flowmasters, so I went on his word. The Magnaflows sound great.

The Superchip is the only way to go. I had a Jet chip in my 93 z71 and it worked at wide open throttle only. My superchip is a flip chip so I can run 92 or 87. So far I have just run 92 since it's pretty cheap now. I'm sure that will change soon though.

For FIPK, I'm going to wait until K&N comes out with their CARB certified version for the 01 engines. They should be out in February. Airforce One has a CARB certified one now, and you can find it here on the online store. Airaid has no FIPK that are CARB certified, so I would stay away from them. For info, CARB stands for California Air Resource Board, and they certify whether a product is smog legal. Without a CARB sticker and paperwork, your vehicle will not pass a visual smog test, and you can get a ticket.

I'll keep an eye out for your rig, and I'll honk if I see you. I think Redlariet said it best "I have two jet chips for sale".

Take care,
Az

Old 01-22-2001, 12:43 AM
Hey Stylin,

Go with the Airforce 1. It's a great mod and is looks nice too. Similar performance as the others, but you'll get more comments on it's looks than the others.

Wing

------------------
2001 Bright Red Supercrew
4X4
5.4 V8

Mods:
BFGoodrich TA KO 285/75/16
Airforce One intake kit
Exhaust: Hooker AeroChamber Muffler, SI/DO
SurePull Class III Hitch
Rhino Liner (Planned)
Catch-All Floor Mats (Planned)

Go Buckeyes!
&
Go Bluejackets!

Old 01-23-2001, 07:09 PM
Az,
Enlighten me on your flip chip from Superchip. How does it differ from the standard Superchip other than the 87 octane option? Did it cost more for that option? Where did you purchase the chip?
Thanks,
Mark
ps-Is your truck a 4x4 or 4x2?

Old 01-23-2001, 11:53 PM
Cool

I bought the chip here online from Mike Troyer. I actually called him and told him what I wanted. I bought the flip chip so I could run the 92 for the power gains, and the 87 option for when the prices get to high. All i have to do is flip the toggle to 87 when I decide the prices are to high. I will still get the benefits of the shifting improvement, just no power gains.

It did cost more, but it's worth the extra money since gas can get so high out here. Since your a member of f150online, you automatically get a discount. Your best bet is to send a email to Mike at his email, it's easy to find since he is the SuperChips_Distributor listed on this thread.

If you decide to buy one, you'll be very happy. And my truck is a 4x4.

Take care
Az

Old 01-24-2001, 02:45 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi Stylin'SuperCrew,

If you'd like to go over any details of either the single-program Superchip or the 2-program Superchip Flip Chip, please feel free to shoot us an email or give us a quick call, we're always happy to of over all of that with you so you can give it some thought, etc.

The Flip Chip can contain any 2 programs, it was originally used primarily by drag racers who wanted one program for the street, and then another program to use with nitrous oxide. Since then it's used by those who install superchargers, etc. or those who just want to be able to run regular gas sometimes. One thing to remember is that there will be very little power gain when running on regular gas, on the order of 3-5 hp at best. The real power gain comes when you're using the premium gas program. The way we set them up in those regular/premium program combos is so that both programs are identical except on one side the engine is tuned for 87 octane, so you get better shifting all the time, and all the other benefits even on regular gas, and then when you want maximum power, you use the premium gas program.

Again, please feel free to give us a shout for all the details, etc.

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com
Performance Products F150Online Superchip ordering system: F150Online Superchip Ordering System
First National F-150 Online Rally Event Organizer

Quick Reply: Installed & Verrry Happy