Off the Line, Victories and Defeats (for Neal)

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2000, 04:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Neal, I wouldnt see you! All I would see is a blur of white pass me by.

------------------
Fast46Triton ®

1999 Fast46triton Edition® Ford F150 XLT Supercab, Shortbed, 4x2, 4 wheel disc brakes/4 wheel Anti-Lock Brakes, Cloth Seats, Amazon green, 16" All season tires, Soft Tonneau Cover, CD Player, 4.6 liter Triton V8, 3:55 ls, towing package, 4 speed auto, K&N Airfilter

fast46triton@f150online.net

Old 02-09-2000, 04:32 PM
Mopar Muscle, jan 98, 1986 dodge 2.2L turbo GLHS
14.60@95.49 stock

Old 02-10-2000, 04:26 PM
Wow, 14.6! Dang, thats pretty darn fast. What is also fast was my cousins 95' Neon {no options. Stick, no air, power nothin, not even power steering} ran a 15.8 in the 1/4. He put an exhaust on and cold air intake and hit low 15's.

Old 02-10-2000, 10:56 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Question

HI!... MRBBQMAN : Do you happen to know what the regular GLH turbo OMNI ran in the 1/4 mile?

------------------
NEAL [ the horsepower freak ] NEWMAN
'99' F-150 XLT SPORT, oxford white, reg cab shortbox stepside,5.4, auto, 4.10L.S, captain's chairs, bedliner, GTS carbon fiber headlight covers, **** CEPECK clear halogen driving lights, GTS slotted tailight covers (painted oxford white), FORD locking lug nuts, tinted windows,true duel exhaust with 2.5 inch mandrel bent pipes and FLOWMASTER 3 chamber mufflers with 3' tailpipes exiting before the rear wheel like the LIGHTNING, HELLWIG rear stabalizer bar, AUTOMETER guage pod and tranny temp guage, custom fabricated air intake trac and huge K/N filter, TPS mod, BELLTECH 2-inch rear drop, custom programed SUPERCHIP.

FUTURE MODS : JBA headers, ASP power pulleys, twin electric fans, traction bars, BAUMANN ENGINEERING shift kit, POWERAID spacer, AUTO METER oil preasure/ engine temp PHANTOM GUAGES and a KENNE BELL BLOWZILLA supercharger.
ESTIMATED H.P TO DATE : 310H.P / 405ft/lbs of torque.

OTHER TOYS : "83" PRO STREET FORD RANGER : 351-w stroked to 408c.i 625H.P (natural), 875H.P with 250H.P "BIG SHOT" N.O.S kit, tubbed (crome moly tubing), 12 point chrome moly roll cage, 4-link with coil overs, MUSTANG II front suspension, c-4 tranny (race prepped), 4000rpm stall converter(8 INCH), 3" chrome moly driveshaft,AUTOMETER guages, 15.50 MICKEY THOMPSON rear tires, 4" M/T front tires, CENTERLINE CON-VO PRO rims, fiberglass hood - bumper - prostock hood scoop, wishbone trac-link, two chrome moly driveshaft loops, 16 gallon RCI fuel cell,etc

Old 02-10-2000, 11:46 PM
I found a page that claims a 15.8 quarter at 87 mph for the '86 Omni GLH turbo, with 0-60 in 7.5 seconds. They confirm the previous figures for the Shelby version, at 14.7 in the quarter and 6.7 second 0-60.

Old 02-11-2000, 12:32 AM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Thanks, MRBBQMAN, an excellent example of those go-mad Mopar turbos.

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com
Online Superchip ordering system:https://www.f150online.com/scpp/index.html

Old 02-11-2000, 01:58 AM
Dirt Bike Dave--I see you are in Oakland and ride dirt bikes. I'm in Livermore and ride religiously. Been everywhere, Carnegie, Hollister, Stoneyford, Pie-pie, Clear Creek, ect. Maybe we should hook up, check out bikes, and talk ford trucks. Mine is bitchin.

------------------
98 F150 4x4 ORP 5.4L Super Cab XLT, Loaded. 4" Trailmaster Suspension Lift, 35" BFG Mud Terrains, 16.5 x 9.75 Weld Racing Super Single II wheels, Stull Billet Grill and Bumper Insert, Custom 40 series Flowmaster Exhaust out the back, K&N Filter Kit, Super Chip, and a Ford Hitch Cover to top it off!

Old 02-11-2000, 09:24 PM
Hey Z71-
I usually ride at Stonyford and sometimes Georgetown, but have been to most the places you mention. Single track through the trees is my favorite. Email me at mcyclenut@earthlink.net. I hope to ride soon as the rain stops.

[This message has been edited by dirt bike dave (edited 02-11-2000).]

Old 02-12-2000, 12:28 AM
Former Sponsor
Yep, any way you cut it, those little Mopar 4-cyl. turbos can haul serious butt.

------------------
Mike Troyer
(540) 862-9515

Old 02-12-2000, 05:47 PM
Cool

HI!... Well I got two at once last night! First let me explain what happened up to the race. I was driving down our main strip last night around 11:30A.M. I left a stop light around my usual 1/4 throttle. Too fast for most other cars to keep up lol! Well this group of kids in a "98" or up HONDA ACCORD "S" something another did'nt like it that I pulled away from him so fast. So as soon as the left lane next to me opened up he floored it and blew past me. I was still driving the speed limit. Then he came up on slower traffic and cut a guy off in a "99" 5.4 black EXPEDITION real bad. Now he is in front of me and keeps stepping on the brakes and swirving back and forth in his lane. The five kids that were in the car were all making funny faces and screaming upseneties at me and the guy in the EXPEDITION everytime we got stopped at a red light. Now these kids were starting to bug me. This went on like this for about 3 miles or so. Finally I got in the left lane and put mu turn signal on to turn left at the light. Well the kid in the HONDA saw this and cut across three lanes of full traffic and again cut of the guy in the EXPEDITION which was in front of me. Now the guy in the EXPIDITION was getting mad. So in the left turning lane it was the kids in the HONDA the EXPIDITION and me. Well when the light turned green the kids in the HONDA floored it around the corner and so did the EXPIDITION. I went around normal. Now this road we got on is about 3 miles long and is 3 lanes wide. There was no traffic at all. The EXPEDITION and the HONDA were side by side in the two far left lanes going about 90kph yelling at each other. The kid in the passenger seat was half hanging out the sun roof shooting the finger and swearing at the guy in the EXPIDITION. I punched it and came right up on the rear bumper of the HONDA and kept stomping on it to jerk my truck forward. The kid that was hanging out the sun roof flicked his cigerette at me and it hit my windsheild right in the middle. Well that really pissed me off! Just then the EXPIDITIO and the HONDA floored it. Well they were both going way too slow for me so I dropped it into 2nd gear and changed lanes into the far right lane. Then I preceeded to blow by both of them. When I hit 100mph I was so far ahead of these two that I changed lanes over to the far left lane just to rub it in that I was faster than both of them. Then I proceeded the excelerate till I hit 125 - 128mph. Then I had too slow down for a red light. Thank god for carbon metallic brake pads!LOL! Well at this 3 lane stop light it was me in the far left lane and two other cars were in the other front positions. The HONDA finally caught up and turned left on a off ramp right next to where I was sitting. As they turned the kid was still hanging out the sun roof screaming and swearing something that I coul'nt make out. Probably b!tching how slow his HONDA was!LOL! Well now I got the guy in the EXPEDITION riding my a$$ at the stop light. YOU GUEESED IT! The light turned green and I was gone! He did'nt even have a chance.
"I give no mercy and I don't take prisioners"!lol!!!!

------------------
'99' F-150 XLT SPORT, oxford white, reg cab shortbox stepside,5.4, auto, 4.10L.S, captain's chairs, bedliner, GTS carbon fiber headlight covers, **** CEPECK clear halogen driving lights, GTS slotted tailight covers (painted oxford white), FORD locking lug nuts, tinted windows,true duel exhaust with 2.5 inch mandrel bent pipes and FLOWMASTER 3 chamber mufflers with 3' tailpipes exiting before the rear wheel like the LIGHTNING, HELLWIG rear stabalizer bar, AUTOMETER guage pod and tranny temp guage, custom fabricated air intake trac and huge K/N filter, TPS mod, BELLTECH 2-inch rear drop, custom programed SUPERCHIP.

FUTURE MODS : JBA headers, ASP power pulleys, twin electric fans, traction bars, BAUMANN ENGINEERING shift kit, POWERAID spacer, AUTO METER oil preasure/ engine temp PHANTOM GUAGES and a KENNE BELL BLOWZILLA supercharger.

OTHER TOYS : "83" PRO STREET FORD RANGER : 351-w stroked to 408c.i 625H.P (natural), 875H.P with 250H.P "BIG SHOT" N.O.S kit, tubbed (crome moly tubing), 12 point chrome moly roll cage, 4-link with coil overs, MUSTANG II front suspension, c-4 tranny (race prepped), 4000rpm stall converter(8 INCH), 3" chrome moly driveshaft,AUTOMETER guages, 15.50 MICKEY THOMPSON rear tires, 4" M/T front tires, CENTERLINE CON-VO PRO rims, fiberglass hood - bumper - prostock hood scoop, wishbone trac-link, two chrome moly driveshaft loops, 16 gallon RCI fuel cell,etc

Old 02-12-2000, 08:12 PM
Former Sponsor
Hey Neal,

Clowns like that belong elsewhere, and not on the road. Only punks and cowards act like that, in a group, and they aren't worth you talking chances. You could have probably whipped all their butts single-handedly, and it might have done them perhaps some good. But we don't want to hear about you on the news one day. I can see the deadlines now, "Neal the HP Freak whips 5 punks, gets 8 years for teaching them the manners their parents didn't".

Are things usually that wild up there in Windsor?!?

Have fun, but please be careful Neal!!

------------------
Mike Troyer
(540) 862-9515

Old 02-12-2000, 08:43 PM
God Neal, is it Race heaven up there or what? I hate punks like that! And what about your "usual 1/4 throttle"? Now I know you dont go less than 3/4 throttle!

Old 02-13-2000, 08:22 PM
Former Sponsor
Hey Fast,

You're right, 1/4 throttle sure doesn't sound like our Neal the HP Freak!

------------------
Mike Troyer
(540) 862-9515

Old 02-27-2000, 09:57 PM
Cool

HI!... Well I won't bore you guys with the details but I got 3 more victims on SATURDAY night. A "99" DODGE NEON R/T, 5-speed - a "99" DODGE 1500 RAM, EC, SB, 318, AUTO - and a "98-99" PONTIAC GRAND PRIX. I would probably have more "KILLS" tonight if it was'nt for the fact that my truck is sitting at my dealers right now because of a blown frost plug!8-(

------------------

Old 02-27-2000, 09:57 PM
Cool

HI!... Well I won't bore you guys with the details but I got 3 more victims on SATURDAY night. A "99" DODGE NEON R/T, 5-speed - a "99" DODGE 1500 RAM, EC, SB, 318, AUTO - and a "98-99" PONTIAC GRAND PRIX. I would probably have more "KILLS" tonight if it was'nt for the fact that my truck is sitting at my dealers right now because of a blown frost plug!8-(

------------------

Quick Reply: Off the Line, Victories and Defeats (for Neal)