Off the Line, Victories and Defeats (for Neal)

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2000, 06:36 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
HEY NEAL!!!!!!!!!

Welcome back, buddy! It's about time, I was begining to wonder about you. Sorry to hear you had the flu. I was watching the Weather Channel last week, and they said that the Flu here in America was widespread in 30 some-odd states already.

Take care,

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com

Old 01-17-2000, 08:42 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Cool

HI!... Well MIKE T. my doctor told me to go out and beat two CHEVEY's and a pontiac in the morning. I took his advice and guess what my 104.5 temperature suddenly disappeared!LOL

------------------
NEAL [ the horsepower freak ] NEWMAN
'99' F-150 XLT SPORT, oxford white, reg cab shortbox stepside,5.4, auto, 4.10L.S, captain's chairs, bedliner, GTS carbon fiber headlight covers, **** CEPECK clear halogen driving lights, GTS slotted tailight covers (painted oxford white), FORD locking lug nuts, tinted windows,true duel exhaust with 2.5 inch mandrel bent pipes and FLOWMASTER 3 chamber mufflers with 3' tailpipes exiting before the rear wheel like the LIGHTNING, HELLWIG rear stabalizer bar, AUTOMETER guage pod and tranny temp guage, custom fabricated air intake trac and huge K/N filter, TPS mod, BELLTECH 2-inch rear drop, custom programed SUPERCHIP.

FUTURE MODS : JBA headers, power pulleys, twin electric fans, traction bars, BAUMANN ENGINEERING shift kit, POWERAID, and a KENNE BELL BLOWZILLA supercharger.
ESTIMATED H.P TO DATE : 310H.P / 405ft/lbs of torque.

OTHER TOYS : "83" PRO STREET FORD RANGER : 351-w 530H.P(natural), 750H.P with N.O.S, tubbed (crome moly tubing), 12 point chrome moly roll cage, 4-link with coil overs, MUSTANG II front suspension, c-4 tranny (race prepped), 4000rpm stall converter(8 INCH), 3" chrome moly driveshaft,AUTOMETER guages, 15.50 MICKEY THOMPSON rear tires, 4" M/T front tires, fiberglass hood - bumper - prostock hood scoop, wishbone trac-link, two chrome moly driveshaft loops, 16 gallon RCI fuel cell,etc

Old 01-17-2000, 09:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Geez Neal, you dont do bad for a freak with the flu! Guess who I got to look out for when I go to Canada sometime...

Old 01-18-2000, 02:16 PM
Cool

Well, this is not a victory, but damn it was fun. I sided up to a late model Z28 at the toll booth and nailed it. I'm sure he could tell that I did so he followed suit. It didn't take him long to catch me but he had to take first out to redline I'm sure he was at my back bumper when he chirped it into second and then went on by. I knew I would beat him, but it was fun to make him work at it. He must have felt threatened in some way to even try.

------------------
1998 Ford Club Wagon XLT Super Duty
15 passenger(7 kids!)Triton V10, Superchipped,
K&N Filter. Pulling a 31' trailer.

Old 01-18-2000, 02:35 PM
Former Sponsor
Dear Neal,

Good grief, 104.5 degrees is dangerously high fever, no wonder you felt so bad!

Well, we're all glad you're back up and running again, and you take care of yourself, you rascal! We don't wanna miss your posts for that long again.

------------------
Mike Troyer
(540) 862-9515

Old 01-18-2000, 02:39 PM
Former Sponsor
Dear Mama's V-10,

Sounds like you're having entirely too much fun with that new Superchip in that huge van! Isn't this place great? Now we not only have people drag-racing their 5000 lb. pickup trucks, but now we've got a huge V-10 15-passenger van out there street racing too!

Is there no end to this madness?!? I certainly hope not!

Have fun, & be careful!

------------------
Mike Troyer
(540) 862-9515

Old 01-18-2000, 04:25 PM
Next you'll see Neal racing in a Ford Excursion through the Canadian streets!

Old 01-18-2000, 05:56 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool

I ran away from a Lightning. I know it does not count but we were side by side and he made that super charger roar so I hit the pedal on my 4.6. He got hung up in traffic so I rolled down the window and waved goodbye. It was good for a laugh and I hope he has a sense of humor.

------------------
97 F-150, 2WD, Reg Cab,Flareside,Dk Toreador Red, Windsor 4.6, Magnecor 8.5mm wires, Bosch Plat +4s, 3.55 LS, EGR Bug Deflector, ******* Bed Cover, Bed Liner, XL Full Length Running Boards, Air Aid Kit, Gibson Single Out Cat Back, Superchips, TransGo Shift Kit, Hellwig Rear Sway Bar, Hellwig 2500# Overload Springs

Old 01-19-2000, 11:56 AM
Talking

Mike,
I'm definitely having fun with my (wife's) van. I don't know if it was a typo or what, but my last post should have read that I knew I would NOT beat him, but it was fun...
I did beat a Suburban off the line at a light. He probably only had the little 8 (305 maybe). He was no challange at all. I'm going for the Dyno testing in February. Can't wait. I'm also looking into 'public' time at the NHRA track down in Petersburg. (I'll leave the camper at home though) Speaking of the dyno, what kind of numbers should I expect at the wheels? The docs say 275 hp and 410 ft/lbs, but I think that's at the flywheel. Can anyone clarify?

------------------
1998 Ford Club Wagon XLT Super Duty
15 passenger(7 kids!)Triton V10, Superchipped,
K&N Filter. Pulling a 31' trailer.

Old 01-19-2000, 01:58 PM
Cool

Neal,

I thought that you were from Saskatoon, Saskatchewan? Isn't the main drag there only about three blocks long? That's not even enough time to wind-er-up! It STILL would be tough for those Chevy's to spin their tires...even in the snow!

Later,

...Deis

------------------
2000 F-150 Lariat Supercab Styleside

Stock
·7700 Series Payload Package,·Black with silver two-tone, ·4x4, ·5.4L, · 3.55 LS axle, ·Class III towing package with heavy duty cooling package, ·Overhead console, ·Sliding rear window, ·Keyless entry, ·Captains chairs with graphite leather interior, ·Six stacker CD

Add-ons / Changes
·Goodyear RT/S 265 75R16 tires, ·Black and silver Lariat graphics, ·LINE-X sprayed on bedliner, ·FORD logo rubber bedmat, ·Stainless steel grill cover, ·White face guage kit, ·Stainless steel nerf bars, ·Rubberized undercoating, ·FORD logo bug deflector and rain guards, ·Superwhite bulbs, ·Clear front corner and rear tail lights (with appropriate color bulbs), ·Carbon fibre dash kit, ·SnugTop Expo Topper

Performance Mods
·K&N air filter, ·Western Motorsports “Velocity Tube”, ·Bassani performance exhaust, ·Power Pulleys

Email me: paradeis@telusplanet.net

Old 01-19-2000, 02:12 PM
Former Sponsor
Dear Fast,

I wouldn't put anything past Neal on the street! Whatever he's driving, you can count on him getting the most out of it, that's for sure.

------------------
Mike Troyer
(540) 862-9515

Old 01-19-2000, 02:23 PM
Former Sponsor
Derar Mama's V-10,

The 4R100 automatic behind the V-10, that powertrain combination, will eat up a good 65-75 horsepower of that flywheel rating. For example, behind the Lightning which also uses the 4R100 automatic, which makes 360 hp stock, it costs 69 horsepower, reducing it's 360 hp at the flywheel to just 291 at the rear wheels.

So I would *guess* that stock, *assuming* it's actually making it's rated 275 hp, you should see a rear wheel figure of about 200-210 hp or so. But another factor is that no 2 dynos are alike, nor will they give the same figures, so these are all examples from the Superchips eddy current chassis dyno. Only an eddy current dyno has the ability to properly calculate and simulate vehicle weight and thus the correct load factors. Dynojets and other "inertia" types of chassis dynos cannot do that. Inertia dynos are only accurate if your vehicle weight just happens to match the weight of the rollers, and your vehicle weighs almost *twice* as much as a Dynojet's rollers, just to give you an idea.

------------------
Mike Troyer
(540) 862-9515

Old 01-19-2000, 03:55 PM
Question

Mike,

Do you have any idea about how much a typical manual transmission eats up?

------------------
Danny
'98 F-150 Std., RC, SB, 4x2, 4.2L, 5-sp, 3.08, AC, speed control, rear slider.
Mods: Mobil 1 engine oil, Red Line MTL trans fluid, Edelbrock IAS shocks,
50 Series Flowmaster, K&N with airbox mod, electric radiator fan, Superchip

Old 01-19-2000, 07:30 PM
Mike, check over at www.ford-diesel.com in the GAS ENGINES forum, the 2k V10s are pretty mad saying they only dyno 230hp and 290ftlbs.

Old 01-20-2000, 02:45 PM
Former Sponsor
Sorry, my mistake!

[This message has been edited by Superchips_Distributor (edited 01-20-2000).]

Quick Reply: Off the Line, Victories and Defeats (for Neal)