Off the Line, Victories and Defeats (for Neal)

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2000, 04:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think the new 4.7 liter Cherokees run a Sub 8 second 0-60 also. Quick little suckers

------------------
Fast46Triton ®

1999 Ford F150 XLT Supercab, Shortbed, 4x2, 4 wheel disc brakes/4 wheel Anti-Lock Brakes, Cloth Seats, Amazon green, 16" All season tires, Soft Tonneau Cover, CD Player, 4.6 liter Triton V8 with possible piston slap!, 3:55 ls, towing package, 4 speed auto, K&N Airfilter

The only part that you are going to see of my truck is my tailgate so get used to it!

Old 01-31-2000, 10:24 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Cool

HI!... MIKE T. : That does'nt scare me since I can do 0-60mph in mid 6's and have a 60 foot time of 1.9! Bring it on DODGE boys!!!LOL!

------------------
NEAL [ the horsepower freak ] NEWMAN
'99' F-150 XLT SPORT, oxford white, reg cab shortbox stepside,5.4, auto, 4.10L.S, captain's chairs, bedliner, GTS carbon fiber headlight covers, **** CEPECK clear halogen driving lights, GTS slotted tailight covers (painted oxford white), FORD locking lug nuts, tinted windows,true duel exhaust with 2.5 inch mandrel bent pipes and FLOWMASTER 3 chamber mufflers with 3' tailpipes exiting before the rear wheel like the LIGHTNING, HELLWIG rear stabalizer bar, AUTOMETER guage pod and tranny temp guage, custom fabricated air intake trac and huge K/N filter, TPS mod, BELLTECH 2-inch rear drop, custom programed SUPERCHIP.

FUTURE MODS : JBA headers, power pulleys, twin electric fans, traction bars, BAUMANN ENGINEERING shift kit, POWERAID, and a KENNE BELL BLOWZILLA supercharger.
ESTIMATED H.P TO DATE : 310H.P / 405ft/lbs of torque.

OTHER TOYS : "83" PRO STREET FORD RANGER : 351-w 530H.P(natural), 750H.P with N.O.S, tubbed (crome moly tubing), 12 point chrome moly roll cage, 4-link with coil overs, MUSTANG II front suspension, c-4 tranny (race prepped), 4000rpm stall converter(8 INCH), 3" chrome moly driveshaft,AUTOMETER guages, 15.50 MICKEY THOMPSON rear tires, 4" M/T front tires, fiberglass hood - bumper - prostock hood scoop, wishbone trac-link, two chrome moly driveshaft loops, 16 gallon RCI fuel cell,etc

Old 02-01-2000, 02:13 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Oh I know how quick you are in that first 60 feet, so I have no doubt you can dust even those Limiteds, I was just commenting on the fact that you may have been running against a Limited perhaps, and if so, that's why it was a bit closer than normal, that's all.

I brag *for* you about your 60 ft. times, trust me.

Be careful,

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com
Online Superchip ordering system:https://www.f150online.com/scpp/index.html

Old 02-06-2000, 03:31 AM
Cool

HI!... Well I got two more victims tonight guys. The 1st was a guy in a late "90"'s v-8 (5.0) THUNDERBIRD. We were both at a red light, with his rap music just a pumping! His bass was so loud that I had my METALICA cranked all the way up and I still could'nt hear it!LOL! No one does that to METALICA! We had been kinda playing with each other at lights and in traffic for about the last 10 minutes. Well the light turned green and we both slowly started to go, totally even with each other. Well he all of a sudden punches it! It figures too! I was at exactly 55kph, too high for tranny to shift into 1st but way out of my powerband for 2nd to be useful. I floored it with it in 2nd gear and I surprizingly was staying ahead of him! As soon as I got into my powerband I really started to pull on him. By the time I hit 3rd he was about 5 car lengths back. I got caught at the next red light and the THUNDERBIRD turned right at the street right before the light. Guess he did'nt want to hear me laughing at him!LOL!

2ND VICTIM : A mid "80"'s DODGE OMNI GLH 2.2 TURBO. He was playing with a guy in a newer v-6 MUSTANG in traffic and at stop lights. I seen them and decided to play too!LOL! Everytime I got next to the GLH in traffic he reved it up and dumped the clutch and took off. I tried to get next to him at several lights but always got stuck behind some slow driving idiot! Well it looked like I was finally going to get next to him at a red light when this slow driving idiot pulls off a side street and gets in front of me! Well when the light turned green he took off and I changed lanes and got behind him. I was about 4 car lengths behind him and he hit it at about 60kph. I stomped on mine and caught up to him. I changed lanes and got next to him. He floored it and so did I. I started to pull away from him. When I hit 3rd gear I really pulled on him. At 100mph I was about 6 cars in front of him and he was no longer hangin with me. I shut down at 120mph! I later pulled into a gas station where the GLH and the MUSTANG were parked talking. I found out that the guy in the GLH had just put a new motor in it a few months back. He could'nt beleive that I pulled away from him that fast! He could'nt beleive that my 4600lbs (including my weight)(full gas tank) beat his 2200lbs car. We all shot the ***** for about an hour and it turned out that we all had mutual freinds.SMALL WORLD!lol! We raced from a roll, so the next time I see him I hope we can go from a dead stop!LOL!

------------------
'99' F-150 XLT SPORT, oxford white, reg cab shortbox stepside,5.4, auto, 4.10L.S, captain's chairs, bedliner, GTS carbon fiber headlight covers, **** CEPECK clear halogen driving lights, GTS slotted tailight covers (painted oxford white), FORD locking lug nuts, tinted windows,true duel exhaust with 2.5 inch mandrel bent pipes and FLOWMASTER 3 chamber mufflers with 3' tailpipes exiting before the rear wheel like the LIGHTNING, HELLWIG rear stabalizer bar, AUTOMETER guage pod and tranny temp guage, custom fabricated air intake trac and huge K/N filter, TPS mod, BELLTECH 2-inch rear drop, custom programed SUPERCHIP.

FUTURE MODS : JBA headers, ASP power pulleys, twin electric fans, traction bars, BAUMANN ENGINEERING shift kit, POWERAID spacer, AUTO METER oil preasure/ engine temp PHANTOM GUAGES and a KENNE BELL BLOWZILLA supercharger.

OTHER TOYS : "83" PRO STREET FORD RANGER : 351-w stroked to 408c.i 625H.P (natural), 875H.P with 250H.P "BIG SHOT" N.O.S kit, tubbed (crome moly tubing), 12 point chrome moly roll cage, 4-link with coil overs, MUSTANG II front suspension, c-4 tranny (race prepped), 4000rpm stall converter(8 INCH), 3" chrome moly driveshaft,AUTOMETER guages, 15.50 MICKEY THOMPSON rear tires, 4" M/T front tires, CENTERLINE CON-VO PRO rims, fiberglass hood - bumper - prostock hood scoop, wishbone trac-link, two chrome moly driveshaft loops, 16 gallon RCI fuel cell,etc

Old 02-06-2000, 02:43 PM
Dodge Omni? LOL! That 70hp must have been a challenge!

Old 02-06-2000, 04:34 PM
The Omni turbo GLH (Goes Like Hell) has a lot more than 70 hp! Not sure of the specs, but I think it was 185 - 200 or so. I'm surprised to hear there is still one running, but they are not slow.

Old 02-06-2000, 04:40 PM
I just checked, it was 150hp. Thats alot for a little bugger like that. The 90hp ones were slower.

Neal, have ya raced a Geo Metro yet?

Old 02-06-2000, 05:45 PM
I visited a few Dodge pages and the Omni GLH turbo is 146 hp, but the 1986 Omni GLH-S (Shelby) version was 175 hp, and weighs about 2,400 pounds. These babies are apparently very easy to modify for even more power.

Old 02-06-2000, 07:50 PM
Cool

HI!... DIRT BIKE DAVE : I beleive it was the SHELBY version. It was a "86" though. It was quick, even at 120mph he was only about 6 car lengths back. It was slow out of the hole even though it was a 5-speed.I'm going to see if I can find him tonight and hopefully get a standing start with him for a 1/4 mile run!LOL!

------------------

FUTURE MODS : JBA headers, ASP power pulleys, twin electric fans, traction bars, BAUMANN ENGINEERING shift kit, POWERAID spacer, AUTO METER oil preasure/ engine temp PHANTOM GUAGES and a KENNE BELL BLOWZILLA supercharger.

OTHER TOYS : "83" PRO STREET FORD RANGER : 351-w stroked to 408c.i 625H.P (natural), 875H.P with 250H.P "BIG SHOT" N.O.S kit, tubbed (crome moly tubing), 12 point chrome moly roll cage, 4-link with coil overs, MUSTANG II front suspension, c-4 tranny (race prepped), 4000rpm stall converter(8 INCH), 3" chrome moly driveshaft,AUTOMETER guages, 15.50 MICKEY THOMPSON rear tires, 4" M/T front tires, CENTERLINE CON-VO PRO rims, fiberglass hood - bumper - prostock hood scoop, wishbone trac-link, two chrome moly driveshaft loops, 16 gallon RCI fuel cell,etc

Old 02-07-2000, 03:49 PM
Former Sponsor
Hey Guys,

Don't underestimate those little 4-cyl. turbo-Mopars, they can be quite wicked! It's not too unusual to see one that can run in the 14's, and even quicker on occasion.

------------------
Mike Troyer
(540) 862-9515

Old 02-07-2000, 04:02 PM
I never see those around anymore except for those grandmas goin 20 mph down a 40mph street.

Old 02-07-2000, 08:41 PM
Cool

HI!... FAST46TRITON : And I would be the one going 130mph in that 40mph zone!LOL!

------------------

Old 02-07-2000, 10:56 PM
Mike is not kidding about the performance of some of those little buzz bombs. The pages I looked at showed that a bunch were into the 14's a few were into the 13's and at least one was into the high 12's. With only 2.2 liters, I don't care how light the car is, that's pretty decent.

BTW, the Shelby 175 hp was only in the Omni in 1986, and a page I looked at said they only made 1,000 of these little monsters. I didn't find out what the 1/4 times were stock, but I wouldn't mess with one unless you are NEAL (or Lightning equiped).

Old 02-08-2000, 04:21 PM
Or Mumbly

Old 02-09-2000, 02:19 PM
Former Sponsor
Dear Dirt Bike Dave,

Over the years we've seen some pretty quick turbo 4-bangers in those Mopars. There are plenty of go-fast parts for them, and like you said, they are light, so it's not too hard to crank up the boost, feed it some fuel, and go prey on the unsuspecting!

------------------
Mike Troyer
(540) 862-9515

Quick Reply: Off the Line, Victories and Defeats (for Neal)