???New to liquid glass. Questions???

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2002, 06:50 AM
AB
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
???New to liquid glass. Questions???

Hello,
I'd read a lot of good things about Liquid Glass on the forum here and on Friday I was in the Autozone killing a half an hour and I actually saw the bottle. Instinctively I bought it…
Now I started thinking about using it and questions are coming.
So I would appreciate if you guys could help me on them.
1. I believe that I cannot apply it either on direct sun or when the car is wet. Is that correct?
2. Do I really need to expose the car for four hours to "bake" it in or I can let it sit for the time to polymerize completely?
3. The main one. Suppose I have it on and then I hit a dirty road. What happens if I just spray the car with water, how the car will look like? Will I have a dirty "haze" on it or not?
Thanks in advance,
Alex.

Old 09-16-2002, 07:38 AM
Alex,
#1, your assumptions are correct. Dry vehicle & in the shade.

#2, I let mine sit in the sun. (No choice since the sun moves to my driveway by late mornig & stays til early evening.) I don't know if time alone will do it.

#3, slightly better than regular wax. It was funny the first time I washed it after doing the LG application.... Soap rolled right off the truck!

Try it, I'm sure you'll love the results.

Larry

Old 09-16-2002, 08:06 AM
AB
Thanks!

I have another one. Suppose I don't have time for two initail coats during one day. How would I prep for the second coat if I am ready to apply it in a couple of days??
Alex.

Old 09-16-2002, 10:30 AM
Lightbulb

Really, I'd try to get both coats in within the same day. Otherwise, I'd wait until I can make the time to do both. I wouldn't recommend waiting days between applications.

Larry

Old 09-16-2002, 04:37 PM
multiple coats

I think that if you're going to apply multiple coats, then all you really need to do is make sure the vehicle is very clean before you put the second coat on. Whether it's the same day or the week later, you probably need to go over the vehicle with a quick detailer.

Old 09-17-2002, 07:55 AM
AB
Thanks a lot, guys!

Any other opinions especially on hours in between coats?
And "quick detailer" what is it? Maybe I could just wash the car?
Alex.

Old 09-17-2002, 11:14 AM
Alex,
I think the LG can says four hours cure time. My guess would be that you could apply the next coat right then.

Quick Detailer is a product by Meguiars. It comes in a trigger bottle & is used between washes. As long as the truck isn't really dirty, I'll dust it off with the Califirnia Car Duster & then go over it with Quick Detailer. Takes all of 10 minutes & the truck looks great!

Larry

Trending Topics

Old 09-18-2002, 05:32 AM
AB
Super!
Thanks!

Old 09-20-2002, 11:32 PM
I've been using LG for the past 2 years on my HD truck that i put in shows and have gotten tons of compliments. I may be able to answer some of your q's.

1. I believe that I cannot apply it either on direct sun or when the car is wet. Is that correct?
2. Do I really need to expose the car for four hours to "bake" it in or I can let it sit for the time to polymerize completely?
3. The main one. Suppose I have it on and then I hit a dirty road. What happens if I just spray the car with water, how the car will look like? Will I have a dirty "haze" on it or not?
1. Yes and Yes, BUT , if it starts to streak when you go to buff it off, lightly sprinkle the panel with water. should get the streaks out then. i usually have to do this with my hood for some reason.
2. No, but its better if it does. Sometimes if its humid it willl take longer to bake on completely.. You can tell if it rains or you wash it and when you dry it you'll notice streaks if it hasn't baked completely.
3. if the truck just gets dusty, i'd say use a cali duster. they are great!. otherwise if it got too dirty, i'd say wash it.

If you use a quick detailer make sure it doesn't have any wax in it. The LG doesn't bond right over wax. You can't glass over wax

Also, only do a few coats a day, no more. it needs time to bake on and cross link or whatever you wanna say. otherwise your efforts would be for nothing. needs time to set up and bake inbetween. You'd be better off waiting a couple days inbetween coats rather than trying to do 3, 4 or 5 coats in a day, as long as the truck is clean when you do it.

Hope this all helps. I've been using LG ever since i got the truck over 2 years ago, and my dad has always used it since he found out about it back in the 70's. Good luck, it'll look great!

Quick Reply: ???New to liquid glass. Questions???