Carpet Stain Removal??????

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2002, 04:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Carpet Stain Removal??????

Intel, or anyone else. A friend of mine has a coffee stain on his truck carpet and asked what is good to use to remove it. I told him some gasoline and a match should work pretty good but seriously I am not sure what is good and told him I would come on here and ask. So any help would be great. Also something he can get like a Pep Boys, Wal-Mart etc. Thanks

Old 07-10-2002, 05:12 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I use a product called 'BLUE MAGIC' which I purchase at AutoZone. Doesn't smell wonderful but, that stuff takes out coffee with ZERO problem.

I use the stuff in the house as well. Excellent stuff. I highly recommend it.

RP

Old 07-10-2002, 08:04 PM
some one mentioned.....

ZEP orange cleaner works good and i was gonna get some this weekend and try it out.

Old 07-10-2002, 10:15 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I use a interior cleaner from ProWax.

I've used Prestone Interior Cleaner before and that stuff works very well. Might want to try it. I think I got it at wally world.

Old 07-11-2002, 01:37 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Same stuff I use in the house

Tech.

White bottle, red splash logo.

This takes anything out.

I used it the day after we had a party, someone spilled Cab on the carpet ( off white ), took it right out.

Also will take out cranberry juice stains.

I put Tech on a stain by following the directions.

Then I use my Hoover little green machine ( target ) fill it with hot water and clean up the tech, picking up the stain material as well.

Another one that actually does work, oxyclean. Make it in a squeeze bottle, and put it on the stain, took out a stain in my parents RV like this, cleaning up the excess with the little green machine. It actually did work, I was shocked ( did not have any Tech there, I was out at the time ).

Old 07-11-2002, 05:02 PM
Moderator &

I've heard that the OXYCLEAN is just about the best stuff out there to clean stains but have never used it...

I've heard it cleans so well that it will actually make the area around the stain that you cleaned look dirty because it cleans so well. For example, a stain on a light colored carpet will come out with no problem but, it'll leave a VERY VERY clean spot compared to the surrounding that is slightly soiled.

I need to try that stuff...

RP

Old 07-11-2002, 06:00 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Actually it did do that, I had to dulute is a bit, clean a slightly larger area, dulute, clean. The same process as trying to blend paint.

I did not not want to clean everything, it is a 38' RV, would have taken me 2 days to do it with a squeeze bottle, and my little green machine.

Trending Topics

Old 07-12-2002, 03:56 PM
Castrol superclean and a wet rag does pretty well also. Clean it out of the wife's car all the time with it.

Old 07-12-2002, 06:19 PM
Moderator &

t_daughrity,

You talking about the degreaser from Castrol? Yikes... not sure I'd use that on fabric....

Also, noticed that you were from Western Kentucky... where abouts? I'm originally from Madisonville... living in Louisville now... just curious.

RP

Old 07-13-2002, 11:37 AM
try some baby bum wipes. Y'know the Huggies ones in the plastic tubs. Go aloe-free and unscented. You would be amazed what they can clean... especially upholstry.

And if they dont work, then you can proceed to a harsh chemical based cleaner.

Old 07-13-2002, 02:50 PM
Thank you for all the replies, but he went and took it to a detailer to have the whole truck done and they got it out. He don't know what they used but he was happy. In a way it's sad he took it to the detailer and spent the money, I mean its a Chevy truck, cant see wasting all that money on a Chevy

Old 07-13-2002, 03:17 PM
Moderator &

Yeah... seems like a bottle of any of the above mentioned cleaners would be just slightly cheaper than a full detail *shrugs*.

Baby wipes? I'm almost scared to ask how you figured out these took stains out of carpet.

RP

Old 07-13-2002, 10:51 PM
I agree especially since it was a Chevy, now spending that money on a Ford is money well spent and I still think my first recommendation to him (gasoline and a match) would of done a great job then he could of bought a real truck. All in fun...

Old 07-15-2002, 09:15 AM
RockPick,

I live in Murray, about 15 minutes west of the lakes. I've never had any problem with the superclean. I get the concentrate and can dilute it however I want. That stuff removes pretty much anything.

Old 07-15-2002, 09:52 AM
t_daughrity,

Just be carefull with the Super Clean, expecially on Aluminum and painted surfaces. I used to work for Castrol and we were constantly getting calls about aluminum rims turning black from oxidation and paint being ruined from overspray.

SuperClean is great stuff, but is can be pretty nasty on some surfaces if it is not dilluted properly. Also, be carefull about chemical burns, this stuff is about 10% Sodium Hydroxide which is very caustic.

Pete

Quick Reply: Carpet Stain Removal??????