Ugly Door Crack!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2002, 08:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Ugly Door Crack!!!

Yeah I'm new here... a friend mentioned about the infamous door crack for the 97's .. and sure enough I had one. I went to the dealer about getting it repaired and they said $300 per door. Has anyone gotten this fixed, and if so what were the prices?

Old 05-29-2002, 03:45 PM
I also have a '97 F-150. My dealer said to take it to the body shop they use for an estimate, bring it to them and they would see what Ford would pay for.

The body shop came back with an estimate of $1200!

Old 06-14-2002, 12:30 PM
Ford is now paying for most of these repairs.......

Old 06-14-2002, 07:48 PM
hhhuuuhhh??? ford aint paying crap! i,m still waiting for my reply from ford to the letter i sent with pics on june 1st. i even e-mailed them last night on thier web site. ford should change thier slogan to;"life is like a crap sandwitch...the more bread you got...the less crap you gotta eat" thats basically the attitude i got from the dealer i purchased from.

Old 06-15-2002, 01:52 AM
Welcome to the crack club. Good luck if you're out of warranty w/ getting any repair from Ford!

(If only Toyota trucks offered a bigger engine!) LOL

Old 06-15-2002, 02:01 AM
TexfordD

Originally posted by TexfordD
hhhuuuhhh??? ford aint paying crap! i,m still waiting for my reply from ford to the letter i sent with pics on june 1st. i even e-mailed them last night on thier web site. ford should change thier slogan to;"life is like a crap sandwitch...the more bread you got...the less crap you gotta eat" thats basically the attitude i got from the dealer i purchased from.
I live in the Dallas area...Plano, to be exact.....I am 2 months out of warranty and afraid to go out to my garage to check for this crack.
Would you mind telling me who the dealer is that you are having a problem with.
I am hoping it is not the one I have purchased 4 service vans a Mustang(for my daughter) and my own 97 F150 Lariate.

Thanks,
Rocks

Old 06-15-2002, 05:22 AM
and the weiner is....

middlekauff

Trending Topics

Old 06-15-2002, 02:50 PM
Re: and the weiner is....

Originally posted by TexfordD
middlekauff

That about figures!!!!!!!!!
Ihave had problems with the service department over there for the past 6-8 months.
They got me so mad that I bought our last service van from a dealer in Houston and picked up the truck in Tyler.
They wanted to charge me $650.00 for a brake job for one of our vans......LMAO....when I crapped about the price they told me that the price included TURNING the rotors..
We took it to a different place.

Thanks for the name of the dealer,
I am not that surprised.
I still have not looked at mine for the crack......I guess I better check it out.

Rocks

Old 06-15-2002, 04:01 PM
yeah and i bought my wifes exploder from them(before i saw the wolf in ...you know the story) when we went to take delivery of it,there was soda spilled all over the back seat,i just took it home got the drop light out and cleaned it myself. thats when the problems really began....how about it,anyone else had problems with this dealership? don,t mean to start bashing but i know thier computers have inter net acess and maybe one of them will see it and point it out to someone in charge.

Old 06-21-2002, 12:32 PM
Is this a crack by the lower rear corner of the window? My 98 has about a 1/2 inch crack at that local only on the drivers side. Am I a member of the club?

Old 06-21-2002, 01:03 PM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Question

I looked all over for this door crack. As I was bending over looking up inside the doorhandle, I glanced over my shoulder into the mirror and there it was, a big ole' ugly crack. I spun around quick like and sure enough the crack was gone. Thought I was hullucinaten so I went back to inspecten up under the doorhandle, glanced back in the mirror and there it was again!. The biggest, nastyest, hairyest crack I ever seen!

I didn't turn around that time, just took off and ran into the house. I'll admit I'm spooked. Looked out the kitchen window and I can't see any door crack from here.

It's right outa X-Files, I'll tell 'ya.

Old 06-21-2002, 08:26 PM
once again......

raoul,raoul....raoul,does your mom know your out of the house?

Old 06-22-2002, 12:08 AM
Randall its sounds like you are a member......it always starts with the drivers side because thats the window you use the most.

Old 06-22-2002, 01:07 AM
LMAO.............

Originally posted by Raoul
I looked all over for this door crack. As I was bending over looking up inside the doorhandle, I glanced over my shoulder into the mirror and there it was, a big ole' ugly crack. I spun around quick like and sure enough the crack was gone. Thought I was hullucinaten so I went back to inspecten up under the doorhandle, glanced back in the mirror and there it was again!. The biggest, nastyest, hairyest crack I ever seen!

I didn't turn around that time, just took off and ran into the house. I'll admit I'm spooked. Looked out the kitchen window and I can't see any door crack from here.

It's right outa X-Files, I'll tell 'ya.
I still have not given it a good look...I don't think I want to know.

Rocks

Old 06-22-2002, 01:12 AM
I thought I had the problem last night....

I was putting in my catback last night and saw a big crack just under the door frame on the passenger side.
Scared crap outta me...then I realized that it was just my buddy bent over under the truck needing to pull his britches back up a bit.

Rocks

Quick Reply: Ugly Door Crack!!!