Thinking of Buying a DA

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 12:29 PM
glc
Received 764 Likes on 707 Posts
Not only do you need to keep it VERY THIN, you need to let it dry for about an hour before removal. Put it on the whole vehicle, go take a beer break, then remove it in the same panel order you used to apply it.

If it dries chalky at ALL, you put it on too thick. All you should see is a slight haze. I use the foam applicator it comes with to apply it. Unless you are doing machine correction beforehand, I rub it in with a circular motion and look for very thin but complete coverage.

Old 12-02-2009, 03:48 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
And most of this time I have been wanting a DA to speed up the wax application process, along with prior paint correction.

Old 12-02-2009, 05:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DarrenWS6
And most of this time I have been wanting a DA to speed up the wax application process, along with prior paint correction.
It looked like the previous owner buffed the black paint with 80 grit sandpaper. I had scratches and bad swirls marks.
A PC7424XP, a couple of Lake County pads, a few products and a little time. ALL the scratches and swirl marks are GONE!

Old 12-02-2009, 07:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by txag2007
Thanks for all the information - from what I am reading, it seems like doing it the old fashioned way is my best bet unless I start getting into polishing and correcting. I was going to get a 7424XP from DD when I saw the 20% off deal but then I realized the deal does not apply to polishers.

I think my main problem with the NXT is that I have been putting it on too thick. The last few times I have waxed, it has been a bear to get off and clogs up my microfiber quickly. I'll try to keep the layer as thin as possible and see how the removal goes.

Thanks!
Still get one. Most of the guys on there order from ADS autodetailingsolutions.com. Take a look at the DA packages that they have on there site

Quick Reply: Thinking of Buying a DA