How much did you pay to get your truck detailed?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 07:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How much did you pay to get your truck detailed?

I'm going to start looking around. I was referred to a place but I don't know how much they charge. I have never cleaned/conditioned my leather seats. The carpet is vacuumed every so often. I run my truck through a car wash every now and then. I threw up out of my window but there's some "debris" inside my window trim. It kinds glazes up the inside of my window when I roll it up and down. It was from some bad fruit at a nudie bar. Since I just got a new windshield I'd like to get my truck back into tip top/mint shape. I probably would've done it sooner had some crackhead not jimmyed my lock and to no avail broke my back doorglass and stole 10 bucks out of my console and left all the other valuable stuff behind. I guess I'm lucky.

Old 07-26-2007, 07:47 PM
Oh yeah cleaning polished rims sucks some serious azz!!! I only did like 2 wheels and then ran out of time... well gave up.

Old 07-26-2007, 09:09 PM
Zero dollars.

And the results are priceless......

Old 07-26-2007, 09:44 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by F151
Zero dollars.

And the results are priceless......

Same here. You could not pay me to let someone else touch my vehicles.

Old 07-26-2007, 09:46 PM
what condition is the paint in? swirls, scratches,etc?

Prices can vary greatly, depending on the shop, level of ability, location, amont of work you are having done... etc ..

some shops will do a basic detail for $125 or so .. some others will charge twice that, minimum.

Originally Posted by TNoff
I threw up out of my window but there's some "debris" inside my window trim.
THAT is why I don't do interiors anymore

Last edited by Gipraw; 07-26-2007 at 09:49 PM.
Old 07-26-2007, 09:52 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by 04 RED LARIAT
Same here. You could not pay me to let someone else touch my vehicles.
I'm the same way, plus it puts a smile on my face when someone notices how clean everything is.

Old 07-26-2007, 11:01 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Gipraw
THAT is why I don't do interiors anymore
Yep.

I'll do interiors but, I have turned work away because I simply didn't want to mess with it...

It's nice to have the option to tell the 17 year old kid that just took his daddy's truck out to the strip mines and went four-wheeling to go away...

Old 07-28-2007, 12:48 AM
Damn yall DIY'ers!!! I just can't spend 8 hours cleaning my truck. Okay 4-6 hours.

Old 07-28-2007, 10:51 AM
Do what I do, don't try to tackle it all in one session, lol. If I'm going to be washing, clay baring, and waxing, I definitely will not be touching the interior that day. I will save the interior for it's own separate day.... Motor details will also only be done when I'm doing a simple wash and dry. I've worked construction for 16 years, ultra hot asphalt paving at that, and I think a full quality detail in one day is too much work, lol.

Old 07-28-2007, 01:09 PM
I just got back from my 5 week work trip to Tenn and was going to break out my brand new PC that I got for father's day, but of course it has to pour down rain. I can't wait to get out there and give my truck a full detail and wouldn't dream of paying someone else to do what I have the ability to do myself.

Old 07-28-2007, 03:11 PM
Originally Posted by emig5m
Do what I do, don't try to tackle it all in one session, lol. If I'm going to be washing, clay baring, and waxing, I definitely will not be touching the interior that day. I will save the interior for it's own separate day.... Motor details will also only be done when I'm doing a simple wash and dry. I've worked construction for 16 years, ultra hot asphalt paving at that, and I think a full quality detail in one day is too much work, lol.
I was contemplating that. I really want to work on the interior. I have never done the leather. it's showing wear on the driver's side. I'll vacuum the carpet. Get a good cleaner for the leather and then condition. Is that all that you do? I've worked on other rides with leather but just doesn't seem to be enough.

The trim pieces seem to be the biggest PITa. Do I just spray the whole dash with cleaner and wipe it down? Or do I go piece by piece? The seams between trim pieces will have dust and dirt, how do I remove that?

I don't know maybe I should start calling around.

Old 07-29-2007, 09:09 PM
I cleaned mine up Thursday evening, clayed it and everything, just didn't time to wax due to darkness.

So what did I do? I was up at 6 am putting a nice coat of Meg's Carnuaba Wax on my truck.

Folks drove by my driveway looking at me like, "that guy is crazy about his truck".

And you know what? I am!!

Here's a pic...

Old 07-29-2007, 09:55 PM
As someone who just started actually detailing, and worrying about paint condition etc. I have to say there is nothing nicer than to sit back after a 5 hours or so of cleaning...looking and going "oh yeah that was all me " I honestly don't trust people to wash my truck anymore, its just a thing I guess...but now that I have had help from this website and guru's like RP and others, just ask around...they will be more than willing to help with ANY problems you encounter.
~Phil

Old 07-29-2007, 10:45 PM
Where are you located?

Old 07-30-2007, 11:16 AM
Some of the only people in the world who I would let touch my truck are RP, Rolling Rock, and probably 03gtmustang just from looking at his website. Other than that, I'm doing it. I could do a better job for cheaper, plus not have to worry about the hassle of running my truck around and dropping it off.

Quick Reply: How much did you pay to get your truck detailed?