Somewhere online to buy FORD car care products??

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2004, 12:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Somewhere online to buy FORD car care products??

I was just curious, do you guys know if there is somewhere online where you can buy Ford car care products like car wash soap, wax, things like that? Just curious. Thanks

Old 08-18-2004, 08:44 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
If it has a Ford part number (and I'm sure it does), it can be had by contacting torrie@fordpartsnetwork.com . I've dealt with them several times before and they're a top notch company...

I understand wanting to use a Ford product but, there are oodles of HIGH quality waxes, washes, and polishes out there from a plethora of companies that, if I were you, I'd consider.

Good luck!

RP

Old 08-18-2004, 11:35 PM
Re: Somewhere online to buy FORD car care products??

Originally posted by motleycrue
I was just curious, do you guys know if there is somewhere online where you can buy Ford car care products like car wash soap, wax, things like that? Just curious. Thanks
I'm not sure what your intent is for finding, or using Ford car care products, but one thing to keep in mind, these Ford products are just rebrands of another manufacturers product. Ford doesn't make them. Some are speced out by Ford, while others are just private label of existing products. Like Rockpick said, there are tons of excellent products out there and you would be better off using one of them. My favorite combination now is Meguiars DACP for initial polish, then Clearkotes Vanilla Moose topped by S100. I'm also going to experiment with Poorboys EX P as a sealant and then top with S100. So far it appears to be a deadly combo on my white Navigator.

Old 08-19-2004, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by RockPick
...but, there are oodles of HIGH quality waxes, washes, and polishes out there from a plethora of companies that, if I were you, I'd consider.

Good luck!

RP
Excellent point, and might I add one of the best polishes on the market is Zaino...

Hey, looky here, I even have a link for your convenience:

World’s finest and best shine in a bottle…

Old 08-19-2004, 10:12 PM
Moderator &

Originally posted by 01 XLT Sport
Excellent point, and might I add one of the best polishes on the market is Zaino...

Hey, looky here, I even have a link for your convenience:

World’s finest and best shine in a bottle…
You may note that no one here plugged thier product but rather pointed out that there were other choices...

Old 08-20-2004, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by RockPick
You may note that no one here plugged thier product but rather pointed out that there were other choices...
There always has to be a first for something, just plugging away...

Old 08-21-2004, 12:08 AM
I personally would like to know what they use for cleaning the plastic interior and what they use for wax. They detailed my Lightning a week and a half back and it still looks amazing for me not touching it. anyone know or does it differ from dealership to dealership

Old 08-21-2004, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by JimJr
I personally would like to know what they use for cleaning the plastic interior and what they use for wax. They detailed my Lightning a week and a half back and it still looks amazing for me not touching it. anyone know or does it differ from dealership to dealership
Most dealerships get their product from a local distributor. Automagic and ClearBrite are two of the bigger detail franchises that service detail shops and suto dealers. Best thing to do is ask them what product they use to prep the car. Most detail shops use products that don't last to long though and you are better off using some of the better boutique type products available online, or using Meguiars professional line of products that are readily available at many autoparts stores (Napa).

Old 08-21-2004, 10:34 PM
Moderator &

Originally posted by JimJr
Jim,

Most dealerships will utilize whatever product that they can get into their shop on the cheapest terms. Few that I know of will splurge and really buy high quality stuff. This, like you asked, WILL vary from stealership to stealership.

There are oodles of high-quality products out there that will yield the type of results that you've seen on your truck. As has been recommended, Meguiar's Professional (Mirror Glaze) products are, generally, a pretty sure bet to achieve high-gloss, use minimal effort, and have long-lasting protection.

RP

Quick Reply: Somewhere online to buy FORD car care products??