Canada All Provinces

Costco sucks..Candain Tire sucks..

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2006, 01:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
and I forgot to mention...

$16 Jeans that are made in Canada. Which means screw buying $70 Levis made in Malaysia

For about 2 years now, I'vbe bought all my jeans there. And they are probably the most durable jeans I've worn.

Old 08-16-2006, 07:10 PM
Originally Posted by J-150
and I forgot to mention...

$16 Jeans that are made in Canada. Which means screw buying $70 Levis made in Malaysia

For about 2 years now, I'vbe bought all my jeans there. And they are probably the most durable jeans I've worn.
Hey J, how's it going ay?

I've found that the Costco jeans just don't fit me comfortably, so, I've started buying "Denver Hayes" from Workwear World. Made in Canada and fit well. Who could ask for more...

regards

Old 08-17-2006, 07:09 AM
Originally Posted by arrbilly
Hey J, how's it going ay?

I've found that the Costco jeans just don't fit me comfortably, so, I've started buying "Denver Hayes" from Workwear World. Made in Canada and fit well. Who could ask for more...

regards

Denver Hayes are #2 choice but found they get a little baggy in the butt for me.

But yes, equally durable.

Old 08-17-2006, 07:44 PM
I buy costco jeans no the prettist flower on the wall
but Im a cheapo
besides that it always seems that when I where new jeans to work
I find a leaky battery or some thing sharp to ruin them in the first day
mitch

Old 01-11-2008, 12:47 AM
I never understood why people would get hooked by a scumy outfit like Costco. You pay a membership fee in order to buy inferior pruducts that are usually priced higher than their competition. Boycotting is a good thing since thier revenue is mostly coming from gas sales and their foriegn outfits. Costco is definetely one foriegner we could do without.

Old 01-11-2008, 12:56 AM
Originally Posted by johnny ontario
I never understood why people would get hooked by a scumy outfit like Costco. You pay a membership fee in order to buy inferior pruducts that are usually priced higher than their competition. Boycotting is a good thing since thier revenue is mostly coming from gas sales and their foriegn outfits. Costco is definetely one foriegner we could do without.
I have to Agree with that
But My wife loves it

Old 01-11-2008, 04:53 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by johnny ontario
Just do the math.

1) They carry many quality items and their prices are better than most (on a lot of stuff, but not everything)

2) their return policy is better than anyone else.
I bought a 27 inch LCD Viewsonic 4 years ago to use as my pc monitor for $999. At that time, that price was unheard of.

About every 6 months for 2 years the price kept dropping.

I went to the service desk everytime the price dropped, and they handed me the difference in cash, every single time.

It went all the way down to $649. They refunded me every cent, even the taxes on the differences with no bs.

You try getting that kind of service at "Joe & Marg's" hometown TV store.

Some Costco;s are selling premium white oak hardwood flooring at $3.51 a sf.
When I renoed my house, I bought 1,700 sf of it.

A year later they had a coupon in the book, I went in (no recept), they opened the cash and the manager handed me $900 in cash to make up for the discount. A year later!

I don't know why you think it's scummy, it's never done me wrong, and as far as the membership, every year my rebate is about $200, my membership fee is $100, so I'm not paying anything for it, they pay me to shop there.

Here's another one for you....

My buddy bought a home computer there using my card (I bought it, but he gave me the money)

A year later the motherboard failed.
In we go with the computer, no box, no receipt, no nothing.
We get a full refund.
A year in computer time is a frikkin eternity.

As far as foreigners coming in, you better get used to it, it's a global world and a global economy, borders don't mean much anymore.

Almost everything you buy today is made in China with parts from Taiwan, so what's the difference, the big corporations are getting all the money anyway.

I've got a couple of buddies that are cheap fks, they just can't mentally get past the membership fee, and trying to reason with them is like pissin in the wind. I really don't mind, because it;s one less zombie who will run into me while I'm shopping.

Old 01-11-2008, 08:28 AM
good point Habibi.

With all stores, one needs to be a smart shopper. Some goods are more expensive, some are not.

As far as the membership fee, my reco is to go with the executive membership. You get rebate cash that basically pays for the membership.

I also like going there because I LOVE their poutine.

Old 01-11-2008, 09:38 AM
ewww canadian tire gas is horrible... have heard horor stories about isses with it

costco is way better then sams... i love it.
and canadian tire money is worthless... if its returns your looking forjust use or get a credit caard that has points, double airmiles, etc

Old 01-15-2008, 09:37 PM
I dislike Costco too, but my wife loved it too. I got out of it by telling her they were being sued for sexual discrimination against women..blah...blah. Before I knew it, she was canceling our membership the next day. I don't really care about the whole sexual discrimination-although its true about the lawsuit-I just wanted to get out hauling crates of junk on cold mornings, and them having the ***** to make me pay for this pleasure

Old 01-17-2008, 09:23 AM
i know this is completely off topic but theirs this liquor store in edmonton, the guy accepts canadian tire money, any bill thats 25 cents and up.

Old 01-21-2008, 11:24 PM
Originally Posted by lonnie brown
I decided to get a costco Card, well I was surprised when told cash or debit, they don't accept Visa or Master Card in thier store, but push applications for American Express.

Also at canadian tire, You have to have thier credit card, cash or debit to get Canaidan tire money with your flue ups, Today was a little crazy, My truck quit in the middle of a busy intersection, I'm pushing it out of the way and the A Holes of the world honk at me because my truck quit and I'm in thier way trying to get it free of traffic...

I Popped the hood put on the four way's, Bought coffiee at Tims, tried to call AMA on a dead cell phone, monday Morning Ford dealer can look at my truck..

So, I'm boycotting Costco for life, as well as Canadian tire...
I coulda sworn Costco takes whatever but if you have a "guest", they have to pay cash or debit. I'm positive I've used my Visa or MC there at least once. Humm, well see next time. Unsure about the use of other cards to get the CT money, their MC gives the most money when used, example 10x while the flier has 7x. I dunno, if these things are true, as stupid as they are really, it's policy in writing and in the CT deal, a bonus not expected courtesy. Sorry bout the luck my man, sh+t collects more sh+t on it's way to the bottom, doesn't it?

PS, B.C has debit for Tim Hortons, bad idea in my mind, but you can use you're MC here for 2 coffee's, my brother tried it. Imagine putting $3.13 on you're MC?

Old 01-21-2008, 11:25 PM
Originally Posted by edwards
i know this is completely off topic but theirs this liquor store in edmonton, the guy accepts canadian tire money, any bill thats 25 cents and up.
Home Hardware does too, maybe just certain ones here and there.

Old 04-13-2008, 12:56 AM
Smile Re the 1/11/08 comments by Johnny Ontario and Habibi re Costco

I am new to this forum and happened to notice the 1/11/08 comments by Johnny Ontario and Habibi. I have to agree on every point with Habibi, and add that Johnny Ontario is so far off base about the quality of Costco goods and/or service. Consumer Reports, the most authoritative consumer magazine in North America, ranks Costco at the VERY TOP of several dozen retailers and wholesalers they studied and reported upon not long ago – especially with regards to quality of goods and service. But Johnny Ontario would not know that, because (a) he is, obviously, too cheap to buy a membership at Costco; and (b) too cheap to buy a subscription to Consumer Reports. But, hey Johnny, you can read Consumer Reports at any public library. Or do you only read periodicals or books with pop-up pictures in them?

Old 04-15-2008, 09:05 AM
Originally Posted by bluemaxcda
I am new to this forum and happened to notice the 1/11/08 comments by Johnny Ontario and Habibi. I have to agree on every point with Habibi, and add that Johnny Ontario is so far off base about the quality of Costco goods and/or service. Consumer Reports, the most authoritative consumer magazine in North America, ranks Costco at the VERY TOP of several dozen retailers and wholesalers they studied and reported upon not long ago – especially with regards to quality of goods and service. But Johnny Ontario would not know that, because (a) he is, obviously, too cheap to buy a membership at Costco; and (b) too cheap to buy a subscription to Consumer Reports. But, hey Johnny, you can read Consumer Reports at any public library. Or do you only read periodicals or books with pop-up pictures in them?

for what its' worth, Johnny Ontario only posted once and then disappeared.

Probably just a troll.

Quick Reply: Costco sucks..Candain Tire sucks..