Canada All Provinces

Costco sucks..Candain Tire sucks..

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2006, 12:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Costco sucks..Candain Tire sucks..

I decided to get a costco Card, well I was surprised when told cash or debit, they don't accept Visa or Master Card in thier store, but push applications for American Express.

Also at canadian tire, You have to have thier credit card, cash or debit to get Canaidan tire money with your flue ups, Today was a little crazy, My truck quit in the middle of a busy intersection, I'm pushing it out of the way and the A Holes of the world honk at me because my truck quit and I'm in thier way trying to get it free of traffic...

I Popped the hood put on the four way's, Bought coffiee at Tims, tried to call AMA on a dead cell phone, monday Morning Ford dealer can look at my truck..

So, I'm boycotting Costco for life, as well as Canadian tire...

Old 08-06-2006, 02:03 AM
Originally Posted by lonnie brown
I decided to get a costco Card, well I was surprised when told cash or debit, they don't accept Visa or Master Card in thier store, but push applications for American Express.

Also at canadian tire, You have to have thier credit card, cash or debit to get Canaidan tire money with your flue ups, Today was a little crazy, My truck quit in the middle of a busy intersection, I'm pushing it out of the way and the A Holes of the world honk at me because my truck quit and I'm in thier way trying to get it free of traffic...

I Popped the hood put on the four way's, Bought coffiee at Tims, tried to call AMA on a dead cell phone, monday Morning Ford dealer can look at my truck..

So, I'm boycotting Costco for life, as well as Canadian tire...

Hmmm, so you are boycotting both stores because *you* did not know theor policies? Ones that have been in effect for more years than I can think? How about boycotting Ford for letting you down with a crappy truck, the Ford Dealer for not taking you sooner....like opening Sunday morning, and the cell phone battery manufacturer for not producing a lifelong power supply that never need charging.

Sounds like a textbook case of misdirected animosity......

Old 08-06-2006, 10:26 AM
Not to mention that Tim Hortons doesn't take interac, it's cash only. You obviously new that because you bought your coffee. The above mentioned policies are nothing new. Petro Canada requires a Petro point card to get the 3.5 cent discount on fuel, and they require their Mastercard to get any further discount (at least in Manitoba they do).

You need to read the signs my friend, if your not sure ask questions.

Old 08-06-2006, 03:33 PM
um Tim Hortons dosent accept Interact? They do in Calgary, My cell phone not harging is just a case of oh well, funny how all the little things add up in the day, My truck crazpping out and my Ford dealer booking my truck in on tuesday i pretty much a gven.

Little clicky polices just bug me, So I refuse to purchass goods at thease places that don't accept my methood of payment, As for boycotting Ford, Once the 04 F-150 is paid out, I may go to a new chevy or GMC, I'm not sure, I have 10,000 Km left on my warenty, and I basicly have a new new new new truck with all the warenty work.

Old 08-06-2006, 10:10 PM
um Tim Hortons dosent accept Interact? They do in Calgary
Hmmm....must be a Manitoba thing.

Old 08-06-2006, 10:12 PM
Whaa

soumd like someone man-gina broke....

Old 08-06-2006, 10:57 PM
Suspended
Do F-150's com standard with Mangina's? This must be what goes wrong when the Truck's break down.

Old 08-07-2006, 02:49 AM
Little clicky polices just bug me, So I refuse to purchass goods at thease places that don't accept my methood of payment.
Ya, I agree, sure would be nice to start paying my mortgage with buttons or rocks, instead of hard earned cash.....haha

Time to wake up & smell the reality though....you want the best deal, *cash* is almost always going to be your best bet. Costco has gotten way too much of mine, but they are by far, the best company t deal with when it comes to returns & exchanges.

That "clicky policy", as you call it, has benefits in customer service that are untouched by most....you gotta pay to play.

CHIA

Old 08-07-2006, 12:15 PM
Cdn Tire rewards with coupons if you pay cash.

Why?

Because Visa and MC charge a few percentage points on ecah transaction to the retailer.

Old 08-08-2006, 03:00 PM
SnowmaNick
Costco is one of the best companies I have ever dealt with. Great products, great prices and great service. The companies goal is to sell the products off at cost (a reduced cost at that due to the bulk they buy in) and survive off of the paltry membership dues. They also have one of the best return policies out there.

The reasons they take cash and Amex are simple, Visa and Mastercard (And normally Amex) take a few points of each sale. Amex and Costco have a relationship where Costco isn't getting the hit, so they take Amex. Amex gets the "in" of being the only card used there. Win/win.

Sorry the world doesn't revolve around you and your wishes, must be really rough.

Jeez this is such a good example of whinny assed people trying to state a company has a fault due to whatever little freaking thing. Crap likes this makes me sick.

And no, I do not work for or have any affiliation other than a standard membership with Costco. I just am getting tired of hearing all the "ban this place because I didn't get what I wanted, waaaaahhhhhh" complaints.

Old 08-08-2006, 03:33 PM
I'm very displeased at that policy as well. For a while they allowed Discover card at the pump but not anymore. I still shop there though because they have some of their meat selection is 10X better than any other grocery store.

Old 08-08-2006, 04:08 PM
I'm on Calgary as well, What Costco and Canadian tire were you dealing with?

Old 08-10-2006, 01:43 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Funny thing is Costco.ca does accept Visa and Mastercard.
I have been a Costco member for ever, and even used to have their stupid American Express card till i had a fraudulent charge on it and had to phone their call center which happened to be in India. Nothing like have a huge problem uderstanding the person who is supposed to be helping you when you are allready pissed in the first place. Needless to say i cut up my Amex card and mailed to Costco HQ and told them where they could stick it as the Amex was as far from their normal Customer Satisfaction policy that they could get. I am sure they will be accepting Visa and MC in the stores soon, as AMex has the highest fees for retailers that i am aware of. Visa and MC are as low as 1.5% which isnt as bad as the 4% Amex charges.

I still buy stuff at costco, as their return policy is better than anyone elses.

Old 08-10-2006, 08:27 PM
Originally Posted by CHIA
Ya, I agree, sure would be nice to start paying my mortgage with buttons or rocks, instead of hard earned cash.....haha

Time to wake up & smell the reality though....you want the best deal, *cash* is almost always going to be your best bet. Costco has gotten way too much of mine, but they are by far, the best company t deal with when it comes to returns & exchanges.

That "clicky policy", as you call it, has benefits in customer service that are untouched by most....you gotta pay to play.

CHIA

That's really cute, but not to far off, The scotia bank tellers hate me when I deposit 25.00 in rolled up penny's, my way of getting back at them for service charge's... Don't get me started on Coop and safeway club card's, you only get the advertised sale price if you have a safeway club card, or a coop menbership number, I have thrown away all cards, like air miles, petro points, HBC rewards, and buy my groceries at sobby's ( IGA )

I have my debit card, drivers license, a visa gold, and a gold master card, that's it.... The credit cards don't have any rewrds programs, just lowest of the low for intrest rates...

Old 08-16-2006, 01:33 PM
have to agree on Costco returns.

A few years back, a largwe group went camping. A tent pole got busted. Buddy returns it to CostCo and they took it no questions asked. Didnt check to see if it was defect or abuse (which it was)

Tough to top that.

Quick Reply: Costco sucks..Candain Tire sucks..