Best Price in New England

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2001, 03:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Best Price in New England

I'm in the market for a 2001 Supercrew, any leads on the easiest dealer would be great. I'm not looking to kill them, just not get killed.

Thanks

Old 05-12-2001, 08:54 PM
Ordered mine from Portsmouth Ford, Portsmouth, N.H. Got a quote online from them, ordered, and took delivery 7-1/2 weeks later. Thier quote was invoice price plus the advertising fee plus free tank of gas. Don't bother with thier service dept. I have my own mechanic that I've trusted for years. Good luck.

------------------
01 Kingranch, 4x4, 5.4, Estate Green w/Arizona Beige two tone, Limited slip,Skidplates,Moonroof,Trailer tow, Cargo cage, All the Goodies! Add ons; Bedrug, 9005 Fog lamps.

Old 05-12-2001, 10:08 PM
Screwking, Thanks for the reply, I may take a ride up there tomorrow. I guess i will order one, i am not haveing too much luck with in stock units.

Old 05-12-2001, 10:30 PM
Bezo, I dealt with 5 different salesmen thier,(because mine wasn't always available), they were all nice. I bought my 91 Explorer thier new in November 90. They beat two other dealers in the same day. One by $1000 and the other by $2000. They are the biggest Ford dealer in New England by far. Depending on what you want they may have it in stock. Only reason I had to order mine was for the color. They had both the Chestnut and the Charcoal Blue King Ranch in stock, but I wanted Estate Green. It was the only reason I bought a King Ranch to begin with. See Bill Eslinger when you go there. His desk is right inside the front door on the left. Good Luck!

------------------
01 Kingranch, 4x4, 5.4, Estate Green w/Arizona Beige two tone, Limited slip,Skidplates,Moonroof,Trailer tow, Cargo cage, All the Goodies! Add ons; Bedrug, 9005 Fog lamps.

Old 05-16-2001, 10:08 PM
Screwking, I talked to Autofair in Manchester, i can order my Screw @ invoice. I have one thing on here that is $210 on just the invoice row it is FDAF Assessment. any clue?

Old 05-18-2001, 09:05 AM
Bezo:

I see from your handle you are in Wakefield, I'm just two towns away in Middleton. Portsmouth Ford is definately a low price dealer, they're volume is enournous. 128 Ford (right near you) is the second worst Ford dealer I've ever experienced (maybe second worst in the world). The slime of all Ford dealers is Quirk Ford in Quincy...do your best to stay away. The dealer who now services my vehicle, Thomas Ford in Beverly provides good, old fashioned service with a smile...I come out feeling like they respect me as a customer...I wish I bought my truck there, but I fell victim to low price syndrome. They were willing to sell $100 over invoice, and I screwed up over $200+/-, but now I'm back there for service because they're good...and they welcomed me back. They have earned all my future business.

------------------
2001 Supercrew XLT 4X4
BLACK, 4.6 EFI V8
3.55 LIMITED SLIP
POWER MOONROOF
SLIDING REAR WINDOW
DRAW-TITE TOW PKG.
DURA-LINER, TONNEAU COVER
LUVERNE STAINLESS STEP
LO-JACK SECURITY

[This message has been edited by MrBill (edited 05-18-2001).]

Old 05-18-2001, 11:06 AM
Thanks MrBill,

To tell you the truth, i've been beating the bushes for that same $100.00 and your right, it probably isn't worth the leg work. do you remeber the salesmans name you talked to at Thomas? i'll give him and them a shot.

Thanks again

Old 05-18-2001, 01:22 PM
Thumbs up

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bezo:
. . . I may take a ride up there tomorrow. . .
</font>
Bezo,

Did you ever go by Portsmouth Ford? The last time I was up there (for the cool-running AM/FM/CD) they had trucks over flowing the place! I dealt with George Chandler for the truck, but I would not go to him again . . . Bill Quimby always took good care of me before, but he was not there the Sunday I bought the truck.

I knew the color I wanted so I just went down the line until I found it with the rest of the equipment I wanted, drove it home that day (my Grandson (18 months at the time) helped me pick it out - the horn sounded better to him than all the others).

I have dealt with Portsmouth since the mid 80s . . . their Service Department is coming around, I really believe they are trying!

And, as an aside, they have coffee and popcorn in the waiting area!

Bob

------------------
Truck: 2000 F-150, 4x4, SCab, XLT, Island Blue, Dark Graphite 40/60 Cloth Seats (F/R), Styleside, 157” Wheelbase, 5.4L EFI, 4-Speed Auto O/D, AM/FM/CD, Class III Towing Package, etc.

Added: “Ex-Tang” Snapless Tonneau; Ford “Duraliner” Bedliner; “CDA” Paint Saver Pad; “Lund Runners” Truck Steps; “Husky” Splashguards; “Saddleman” Hood Protector; “WeatherTech” WeatherFlectors; 4th Brake Light (x 3!); “Pilot” Navigator 55 Watt Backup Lights; “K&N” FIPK; Lighted “Blue Oval” Logos – grill and tailgate, “Weather Tech” Floor Mats (retired for the summer); Wheelskin EuroTone Steering Wheel Cover (on order);

Wants: “Flowmaster” Force II Exhaust System; “Exotic Wood” Dash Kit; “RoadMaster” Active Suspension; Remote Starter; Pilot Driving Lights; “Lund” Backdraft Tailgate Spoiler; “Superchip”; Remote Entry Keypad; . . .

Old 05-25-2001, 09:41 AM
Thumbs up

I have been looking at replacing my old F-150 (a '90 with the $%#^ paint problem) and have been reading a site at www.ford-diesel.com. They have several discussions going on about various Ford pricing plans. Those discussions may be on these pages as well but I am new here and have not had a lot of time to explore. In any case, Ford has A-plan pricing which is about 5.4% below invoice. This is typically available to Ford employees. Not for most of us. There is, however, X-plan pricing which is 4% above A-plan or about 1.6% below invoice(no, not 1.4% below, it is 4% more than 94.6% of invoice). You can get this plan by joining a group like the Experimental Aircraft Association which is $40 a year. You apply for a PIN number and off you go (supposedly).

This may let you buy from the dealer you want based upon location and service and still get the "best" price. I am looking at doing this for a diesel 250. I like the Supercrew but I can't stand the super short bed.

Good luck.

By the way, the EAA is for real. I work with a member who has an ultralight. Also, the ford-diesel site has links to sites which post the official Ford pricing sheets which show list price, dealer invoice (which is with the holdback), and actual dealer cost.

------------------
Paul S.
Reading, MA

[This message has been edited by woodworker (edited 05-25-2001).]

Old 05-25-2001, 06:17 PM
Woodworker,

I would join EAA but, i didn't see anything on their website about the xplan. ok, I know maybe they wouldn't advertize it but where can i find out about it? I also searched ford-deisel.com and found nothing on the xplan or groups to join. let me know...

thanks Ed

Old 05-25-2001, 10:45 PM
Bob,

I drove up to Portsmouth tonight after going back and forth telling myself I could live with a small 4 door truck....believe me, I hated myself for thinking that....lol...not only did they have trucks, the prices were on the windows and before the rebate it is about $100 under invoice, what are they gonna hit me with for extra costs? I have a guy from New York driving down to look at my F150 tomorrow night, this may just work out fine.

Thanks Ed

Old 05-26-2001, 01:13 PM
Ok Guys,

I went up to portsmouth and drove the truck I like, sticker $34,965 -$500 rebate and -$3970 discount= 30,495. It is a nice truck, they low balled my trade but, I can understand why. I have a guy coming to look at my truck tonight. Hopefully he'll buy it and i'll buy the new one before its gone.

[This message has been edited by Bezo (edited 05-26-2001).]

Old 05-26-2001, 07:37 PM
I know that bigger isnt always better, but, you may want to take a ride up to berlin, new hampshire. They have every kind of car and every brand you can think of up there. The berlin city name sprawls for probably a full mile up there. I have bought vehicles up there adn saved a lot of money because of the lack of sales tax and they are just generally cheaper than anywhere i have ever seen. Take notice of where i live and you decide whether I am a lunatic or just a sucker for a good deal. Noone in there right mind would go that far unless he was getting a deal.

Old 05-26-2001, 09:18 PM
Turtle, thanks....i dont think i'd drive all the way up there without know what the price was...a buddy is up that way this weekend, i will ask him to stop by and see what they have...the guy bought my truck, he got a good deal and i'm happy too....

------------------
[url=http://users.rcn.com/lefave/truck.html[/url]

Old 05-27-2001, 11:24 AM
Thumbs down

Turtle,

I called Berlin, just for kicks. I should have known when you said that you saved on sales tax that your post was just in fun. I talked to a guy there that didn't know what a supercrew was and then told me he didn't have any because it wasn't a very hot item. He wanted to sell me a F250 SuperCREW, told me they were just about the same thing but were nicer. I had to ask a few times if i was actually talking to a ford salesman. all in all, a crazy conversation. Ed

Quick Reply: Best Price in New England