Where's my truck?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2001, 05:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Where's my truck?

I have been thinking about buying an F150 for about 3 years. It's been a long time since I owned a truck and I have spent a lot of time on this board, reading your messages and getting to know the F150. I finally spent a couple of weeks finding the best deal I could and on January 19, I ordered just what I wanted. Now, here I am on February 15 and I still have no word from the dealer about a VIN or build date. Is this typical? The dealer said he should hear "any day now", but after a 3 year wait, all of a sudden I'm itchy to be driving it and buying cool stuff for it! What can you tell me?

------------------
Ordered January 19: 2001 F150 4X4; 5.4; bright red; super cab; short bed; Lariat; captains chairs; class III tow package; electric shift-on-the-fly; 3.55 LSD; sliding rear window

Considering: ARE Z cap; Westin Platinum stainless steel nerf bars; Bedrug

Old 02-15-2001, 06:37 PM
Link I have bad news for you because I ordered my truck 12/5/00 and got VIN 1/31/01!!! Its 2/15/01 now and still no truck and no estimated delivery time!! Don't expect it anytime soon I think because ford is a little behind.

------------------
2001 F-150 5.4L trition,
Regular cab with 8' bed
XLT with Black Clearcoat
4x4 3.55 limited slip
factory cab steps
class III tow package

Old 02-15-2001, 07:29 PM
Daveh:

Thanks (I think) for the info. I am stunned and still not fully recovered. This was not the news I wanted to hear. Eight weeks to get a VIN and no delivery date after 10+ weeks?? Oh my. I guess I won't be driving this puppy until mid-summer. Still stunned. What are you doing to cope? I'm going to need some support! This is tragic! (I'm starting to recover.)

------------------
Ordered January 19: 2001 F150 4X4; 5.4; bright red; super cab; short bed; Lariat; captains chairs; class III tow package; electric shift-on-the-fly; 3.55 LSD; sliding rear window

Old 02-17-2001, 10:55 AM
Guys, there are a couple of steps missing here in the order process, steps you should be aware of.

Once Ford accepts the order, a DORA is immediately sent to the Dealer who placed the order. The DORA will list the vehicle as ordered and among other things, a PRIORITY CODE. A PRORITY CODE from 10 to 12 is GREAT. This means the ordering dealer has the allocation to get the truck built and that a TPW or Target Production Week will be issued soon. PRIORITY CODES above 12 will take longer to get a TPW.

When ordering a vehicle, ask these questions.

1) Do you have the allocations to get this vehicle built?

2) Is there anything on this vehicle that is currently on CONSTRAINTS from the factory?

3) Will you make sure that my order has a PRORITY CODE of 10 to 12?

The tell the salesman that you wish to be kept informed of every step. You want a copy of the DORA and wish to know the TPW once your vehicle is assigned one.

A VIN number is only issued AFTER the truck is built, why torture yourselves when information is so readily available? All is takes is a dealer who is customer service oriented.

Old 02-17-2001, 11:17 AM
Priority code? I have the DORA, but I don't see anything that is called a priority code. There is something that says "Begin ord 0020". I hope that this isn't the priority code, since it's way higher than 10-12. So far, the dealer has given me just about zero help in understanding the order/build process.

------------------

Old 02-17-2001, 11:22 AM
Unhappy

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DaveH:
Link I have bad news for you because I ordered my truck 12/5/00 and got VIN 1/31/01!!! Its 2/15/01 now and still no truck and no estimated delivery time!! Don't expect it anytime soon I think because ford is a little behind.

</font>
Oh my Did you guys try and make some calls to try and get a simular truck from another dealership! My dealership did that once for me, they where going to have a truck (Ranger) shipped from a dealership located 18 hours away

But I bought a used F150 from the lot instead

Old 02-17-2001, 11:26 AM
Link...It's sad that some dealers do not keep their customers better informed. The Priority Code, if memory serves, is just to the right of the Order No. For example:

Order No: 9999 Priority: 99

The dealer should have some information on a TPW by now. One of my customers is the sales manager of a large Ford dealer here in Dallas. I spoke with him yesterday about ordering a new F150 for me. He said they are averaging 6 to 8 weeks from day of order to customer picking it up.

Hope this information helps you, perhaps we have helped to educate a few others here.

By the way, as a new member of this Forum, I would like to say how much I enjoy it here. Great bunch of courteous people and lots of good information.

Old 02-17-2001, 11:27 AM
Smile

Link;
I ordered my 2001 Screw on 1/24/01, The dealer e-mailed my VIN to me on 2/5. Got the Dealer's code and order number 2/13. I called the VOPC this morning to check status. It's scheduled for production week of 2/19 and delivery week of 3/12. Dealer was ordering 12 Screws the same day I went to order mine. Got a priority code 10 on mine. Once you get Dlr.code,VIN,or your Order # call VOPC @ 1-800-962-3746. It's a voice activated system so you can call on the weekends.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Link:
Priority code? I have the DORA, but I don't see anything that is called a priority code. There is something that says "Begin ord 0020". I hope that this isn't the priority code, since it's way higher than 10-12. So far, the dealer has given me just about zero help in understanding the order/build process.

</font>

[This message has been edited by TRAY (edited 02-17-2001).]

Old 02-17-2001, 11:37 AM
Thanks for the suggestions. I did have the dealer search for a similar vehicle, but he came up empty. I rechecked the DORA and nothing jumps out that might be a priority code. The header has this info:

NEW ORDER **DEALER SUBMITTED**
BODY X18 BEGIN ORD 0020 # UNITS 001
SPEC ORD # ORD TYPE 1
DORA PROCESSED / / PM
ORDER RECPT DATE 01/24/01 SCHD / /
ASSEMBLY PLANT VIN # X18L 1

At the bottom, there is this gobbledegook:

ADDS: * DENOTED PROCESSED
*215 *XH9 *535 *433 *C09

Can anyone make sense of this?

------------------

Old 02-22-2001, 09:38 PM
Link, my DORA has the date to the right of **DEALER SUBMITTED**. Just below the date is "PRIORITY 10". Everything else you have on your DORA I have except the numbers/codes are different. I'd ask the dealer why there's no priority assigned.

Ordered 2/17/01:
SCrew Lariat, Oxford White, 5.4, 3.55 LS, Tow, Moonroof, Slider, CD changer.

Quick Reply: Where's my truck?