Destination & Delivery fees?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 07:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Destination & Delivery fees?

First time poster here!
I am shopping for a new F150 and have a question. On the window sticker there is a $925 charge for "Destination and Delivery".
On the final tally the salesman added another $599 for "Delivery and Handling". When I asked that they drop the $599 I was told that it was manditory and that they must add this to all sales.

In my opinion this is strictly a profit maker. Am I correct?
I also found that they are charging me a higher sales tax rate but it does say "Sales Tax (estimate)".

Anything else that I need to watch for?

Great FORUM!

Old 03-14-2007, 09:27 PM
The added del + handling charge is definitely bogus. It is also known as conveyence fee. Depending on the deal you made you might be able to get it eliminated or reduced. Just remember that they will decide whether to sell the truck to you or not based on their own criteria. Sales tax estimate? That's a new one. It would depend on whether you trade a vehicle in or if you add accessories. If you really want to buy it decide what you want to pay out the door tax included and work around that. They may accept it or turn you down. Have you worked up the exact truck at Edmunds and gotten the "what other are paying" numbers? This is what you can work off of. Forget the added charge and work on the final "out the door" price let the salesman worry about how he crams that fee in. Remember also, if you plan on taking it there for service you don't really want to **** them off from the get go.

Old 03-15-2007, 09:33 PM
The Edmunds "what others are paying" is $16453. This amount includes $3000 rebate. No taxes or tag fees included.
I guess they were trying to give me a deal at $15647, including taxes, tag fees and the bogus Delivery and Handling fee of $599.

Thanks db

Old 03-16-2007, 06:31 PM
The $599 is probably FDFA Assessment fee which is added to all to all vehicles. It's for advertisement etc. Thats the thing with Edmunds invoice pricing, it doesn't show Destination and Dlivery or FDAF

Last edited by orlando; 03-16-2007 at 06:34 PM.
Old 03-17-2007, 05:17 PM
Originally Posted by orlando
The $599 is probably FDFA Assessment fee which is added to all to all vehicles. It's for advertisement etc. Thats the thing with Edmunds invoice pricing, it doesn't show Destination and Dlivery or FDAF

Edmunds did show $925 delivery/destination fee from Ford. Thanks though.

Last edited by BruceinGa; 03-17-2007 at 05:24 PM.
Old 03-24-2007, 03:13 PM
Originally Posted by orlando
I just ordered my new truck Monday, and noticed this FDFA Assessment fee, and it kind of threw me off because I've purchased quite a few new Ford vehicles and have never seen this before. When did they start charging this? We're talking $1,600 added to the purchase price between FDFA and D&D. That definitely adds a few bucks to the monthly note!

Old 03-24-2007, 07:11 PM
Not sure when it started, I ordered a truck in 2002 and don't remember it then?

Old 03-31-2007, 09:27 PM
Go to all the sights you can to get a price on the truck. This information will get you in the area of what you can buy the truck for. Now one you have this your best bet is to get the loan pre-approved through your bank or credit union before going back to the dealer.

If you can not get the price where you want it walk out. If you are close they may deal with you. Be careful once you agree on the price that they don't add any insurances or add ons after you get the price right. They will tend to charge more for anything you purchase after you agree on the price because all you want to do is get in your new ride and enjoy it.

Going in at the end of the month helps out. Some places pay the salesmans commission on a graduated scale ( bigger % as more cars are sold). Keep all the numbers on the final price not the monthly note. You should have an idea of what you note will be before going in. They try to get you thinking about the smaller numbers to get your attention off of the final price. Everything they try to sell will "only be a couple of dollars a month". By the time you walk out of the dealership they will have added thousands to the end price if you are not careful.

Hope these tips helped and good luck!!

Old 03-31-2007, 09:49 PM
I bought a 2007 XL today. I turned down all of the add-ons, tire warrenty, extended warrenties etc. I did go with Ford financing. I was told that I had to make 4 payments before I could refinance.
Thanks for your suggustions and tips!

Quick Reply: Destination & Delivery fees?