Others Opinions, All Input Welcome!

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2010, 12:34 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Others Opinions, All Input Welcome!

Well I feel like my truck could use something new. I have a set of rocker flares yet to go on, but other than that I'm not sure. I don't know that my truck really has any special direction that it is or has gone.

Anyways just wanting to hear others opinions and input on what to add if anything.

Old 11-19-2010, 03:49 AM

change the headlights to black....I know they match the chrome bumpers right now but the black/chrome housing like mine will pull your wheels and grill into the truck and complete the front end look.

Old 11-19-2010, 09:13 AM
Originally Posted by 05BlackFX4
change the headlights to black....I know they match the chrome bumpers right now but the black/chrome housing like mine will pull your wheels and grill into the truck and complete the front end look.
I agree. If you are feeling daring pull the fogs apart and lightly tint the reflector to match the heads if you went black.

Possibly lightly tint just the reverse section of the tail light and cargo lights on the 3rd brake light. That would tie in the red/black them without losing the flow of the tail light against the red paint.

Your truck has a very clean look yet it looks modified. Unless you go with a big lift, subtle touches will be your best bet.

Off topic, how is the "stability" of the lights on your bar? Do they bounce around a lot when driving?

Last edited by 96grimreaper; 11-19-2010 at 09:17 AM.
Old 11-19-2010, 09:19 AM

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
Ptm chrome handle mod, saleen grille, and ptm mirror caps.

Old 11-19-2010, 11:46 AM

05BlackFX4 - I have been thinking about this. I had actually went to buy a set of Blacks but they ended up being crappy quality. I thought about trying to find a decent priced set of blacks that way if I don't like them I will still have my chromes. Just been worried to take the plunge because of the chrome bumpers.

96grimreaper - If I go with the black heads I may think about the fogs. I don't think I will be tinting the 3rd or tails any though. I have been tossing around getting an all red 3rd light and led tails.

As far as the lightbar goes for a homemade peice it works great! It does bounce a little, but I made the arms that hold the actual bar out of too thin of material. That's my goof up, I should have known better. It's nothing that is terrible though, my lights are aimed to shoot out far enough the bounce isn't very noticable at all. If i get time this Winter I will take it off sand that part down and plate the insides to sturdy it up then repaint it.

TruckGuy24 - I'm not sure that I wan't to add any more chrome to it. I like the chrome as it is now, but don't think I'm up for any more. I actually photoshoped on PTM Mirror Caps last night, but decided I didn't like them. I had also thought about a Saleen Grille earlier this year, but decided to keep mine. I'm kinda stuck on the honeycomb, always liked the grille for some dang reason. I know some people are in an all fire hurry to get it off.

Old 11-19-2010, 04:33 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Fender flares

Old 11-19-2010, 05:46 PM

I dunno, I like it the way it is, it's got the right amount of black and red if you ask me so I'd try to stay with that theme and I don't think I'd PTM anything.

Maybe some Black Nfab steps or make your own since ya did such a good job on the light bar ..darker tint in the rear windows, black headlights and fogs and finally some Harley tails.

Old 11-19-2010, 05:58 PM

Oh and some 09 badges and smoke the 3rd brake light..

Old 11-20-2010, 09:20 AM

Not sure I want to go with fender flares, but I have tossed around the option. I fear that about any flare I go with will make my 33"s look small.

I defiantly am getting tint all around soon now that Illinois opened up the tint laws a little bit. I have those rocker flares that I have been thinking of putting on, basically for protection against rocks. The problem with them are they look terrible with steps. So I have thought about putting them up for sell and just building a set of nerf bars. It would protect the trucks paint some and help with trying to get in and out of it for sure.

I also like the 09 badges, just not to big on the price tag for such a small change. Maybe later on when I decide on some bigger items I can do that.

Old 11-20-2010, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by Watson91
I also like the 09 badges, just not to big on the price tag for such a small change. Maybe later on when I decide on some bigger items I can do that.
Actually the badges are only $22.00 ea. I got all 3 from Tasca Ford for $76.00 shipped. If ya need part numbers let me know. I think they'd be a nice addition to your truck..

Old 11-20-2010, 01:36 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Boost.

Old 11-20-2010, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by NoLongerJeepin
Boost.
That would get me in trouble..

Yeah if you wouldn't mind tg to give me the part numbers I would like to check it out at least.

Old 11-22-2010, 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by Watson91
Yeah if you wouldn't mind tg to give me the part numbers I would like to check it out at least.
Sure.. They've gone up a couple bucks since i got mine but still very doable.. Here ya go..

Left Fender 9L3Z-16720-GB $23.30
Right Fender 9L3Z-16720-G $23.30
Tailgate 9L3Z-9942528-E $26.28

Tasca Ford.
http://www.tascaparts.com/partlocato...?siteid=213668

Old 11-22-2010, 05:07 AM
Truck looks real nice as it is. If u want to do more change the tails & third brakelight & in the long term take all the badges off (looks even cleaner that way). Perhaps u could also do something with yr interior? Get that front plate off unless u have to have it!

Old 11-22-2010, 06:43 PM

Yeah i would like to do some led tails and a all red third eventually. The front plate is required, plus I'm sort of afraid to take it off. Mom backed into my truck with her jeep a while back and hit it square on the plate. As you can tell from the pictures it's not noticeable but I'm afraid to see if it scratched it or did any damage underneath.

Quick Reply: Others Opinions, All Input Welcome!