Bed Rails

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2010, 08:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bed Rails

Hey guys, I need some help. I need to buy two new bed rails for my truck. I guess that's what they are called??

It's the black part that goes on the sides of the bed at the top??? I'm wanting the ones that have the holes on the front and rears. I'm wanting to install a CB for the road and I want to use the holes that are in the bed rails but the covers on my bed don't have the holes...

The picture below is what I'm talking about that I need.

Where can I get these? I cant remember the OEM site I bought my tow mirrors from.. It was the same place I think almost everyone here bought theirs from.

Old 07-28-2010, 09:14 AM
oh come on people, I know someone here knows where I can get these!

Old 07-28-2010, 11:01 AM
Tascaparts.com doesn't have them?

Old 07-28-2010, 11:05 AM
Originally Posted by ELVATO
Tascaparts.com doesn't have them?
The only ones I seen was the ones without the holes...

Old 07-28-2010, 11:08 AM
I'm sure if you email them, they'll be able to help you out.

Old 07-28-2010, 03:40 PM
Technical Article Contributor

The short 5'5 box does not come with factory holes cut in the bed rails....the 6.5' beds and 8' beds have the factory cutouts for the bullrings to be installed....

Your best bet would be to pull the bed caps off your bed and cut the holes yourself. The stake pockets are there just not accessible from Ford's bed rails on the short box.

A dremel will be your best bet. The rails just "pop" off and have several plastic clips that hold them in place. If you break any you can purchase replacements at your Ford stealership for a small fortune (~$30 I believe)

You can also cut the holes while the bed rails are on the truck.

Last edited by 05BlackFX4; 07-28-2010 at 03:44 PM.
Old 07-28-2010, 03:44 PM
Originally Posted by 05BlackFX4
The short 5'5 box does not come with factory holes cut in the bed rails....the 6.5' beds and 8' beds have the factory cutouts for the bullrings to be installed....

Your best bet would be to pull the bed caps off your bed and cut the holes yourself. The pocket flares are there just not accessible from Ford's bed rails on the short box.

A dremel will be your best bet. The rails just "pop" off and have several plastic clips that hold them in place. If you break any you can purchase replacements at your Ford stealership for a small fortune (~$30 I believe)
I could of sworn I seen a 5'5 box with them... Maybe not. Who knows. I may just do that. I only need 1 hole for the CB Mount.

Old 07-28-2010, 03:58 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by stx2006
I could of sworn I seen a 5'5 box with them... Maybe not. Who knows. I may just do that. I only need 1 hole for the CB Mount.
They probably cut the hole in the stock bed rail themselves....the pocket flares are there...just covered up. Design flaw if you ask me. I may be wrong that the hardware is there for them as well. You might have to do some researching. From what I just searched on Google some say the hardware was there and others say it was just the guts of a pocket flare, and not adequate for using as a solid anchor point for heavy loads.

If it were me I would pull the bed rails...cut them (you can put grease on the bottom of the bed rail, then stick back on the truck leaving a nice imprint of the location to cut out) and then paint them with Krylon Fusion. Not only will you have your holes cutout, but your bed rails will be nice and black again.

Old 07-28-2010, 04:01 PM
Originally Posted by 05BlackFX4
They probably cut the hole in the stock bed rail themselves....the pocket flares are there...just covered up. Design flaw if you ask me. I may be wrong that the hardware is there for them as well. You might have to do some researching. From what I just searched on Google some say the hardware was there and others say it was just the guts of a pocket flare, and not adequate for using as a solid anchor point for heavy loads.

If it were me I would pull the bed rails...cut them (you can put grease on the bottom of the bed rail, then stick back on the truck leaving a nice imprint of the location to cut out) and then paint them with Krylon Fusion. Not only will you have your holes cutout, but your bed rails will be nice and black again.
I know on mine it's just a hole.. I took the bed rail off.. It's good enough to support my CB whip tho.

Old 11-25-2010, 10:10 PM
Originally Posted by stx2006
I know on mine it's just a hole.. I took the bed rails off.. It's good enough to support my CB whip tho.
So you mean your not using the bed rail? Are you planning to sell them? If you do, please inform me. I want to replace mine and i think yours has still in good condition.

Last edited by markyoung; 11-29-2010 at 09:10 PM.
Old 11-29-2010, 05:08 PM
there are other ways to mount yo CB antenna. i have mounted them every way possible

Quick Reply: Bed Rails