white sand tri coat paint match???

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2008, 02:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
white sand tri coat paint match???

does your fuel door match your paint cause mine doesnt...its really bothering me and the body shop at the dealership said they could try to fix it but its 2 diff materials they are trying to match (plastic and metal) so it would probably not work.

if you have had the problem what did you do about it? the salesman said they would fix it but the body shop said its probably not worth it.
should i see what the body shop we usually use says?

Old 06-08-2008, 09:52 AM
I have the same problem with mine. Have a good friend who does all the paint work for our local dealer here. I haven't asked him about it, but I presume the answer will be the same....pretty tough to match because of the material differences. I'm sure if anyone can get it to match, he could. Had another friend suggest the polished fuel door..but most of them don't look good to me either.

Old 06-08-2008, 11:18 AM
Suspended
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
my gas tank door on my 07 dsg dont match either, its not that notiable. you could try and take a polished door and have it painted, it would be closer than it is now. just like a fiberglass topper or lid painted to match wont match perfect, one of them things. just like the upper bumper valance dont match in the sun either

Old 06-08-2008, 03:18 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The flares are a little different as are the LT handles and the gas door. It depends on how the light hits it. You just get used to it.

Old 06-08-2008, 05:27 PM
I have not noticed a difference in any matching...yet.

Old 06-08-2008, 11:07 PM
Originally Posted by ATOM
my gas tank door on my 07 dsg dont match either, its not that notiable. you could try and take a polished door and have it painted, it would be closer than it is now. just like a fiberglass topper or lid painted to match wont match perfect, one of them things. just like the upper bumper valance dont match in the sun either
i may try that cause mine is rly noticeable

Old 07-16-2008, 12:39 AM
wow i have not noticed this, and now i am really wishing i hadn't opened this so i could continue to live in an ignorant bliss. cause i am sure it will be the first thing i look at in the morning.

Trending Topics

Old 07-16-2008, 09:16 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
Mine matches perfectly! Maybe they just did a good job with the King Ranch Dark Copper.

I think it would be VERY hard to get a perfect match doing a DIY paint job unless you had a non-metallic paint. That said, here's a link to a place that will mix a custom color match for you: http://paintscratch.com/

I have not tried them, but I like the way they match not only the color "code", but also the factory location. I had problems once upon a time with another vehicle using only its color code.

If your truck is a metallic color, I'd opt for something like stainless, that is clearly not supposed to match, but is supposed to look "cool" (like a race car).

Just my opinion, of course and, good luck! (As an aside, the paint on my ARE bed cap is a perfect match too! Different lighting angles make it reflect differently, but that happens all over the truck).

- Jack

Quick Reply: white sand tri coat paint match???