Brightest bulbs without going HID

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 05:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brightest bulbs without going HID

I dont want HID's because of there price and all the b/s you have to go threw hooking them up. Then loosing your highbeams.

I recently bought "silverstar" bulbs an i was very dissapointed on there light output. They arent bright at all, an i live in a kinda rual area where 90% of my night driving is with my highbeams on. I can/have drove around with my highbeams on, even right passed a cop. An no one noticed because they arent bright at all.

Whats the brightest bulb i can get? I dont want to get HID like i said. An i want to stay under 80 dollars.

Old 05-27-2008, 11:00 PM
Are your headlights angled properly? Going by a LEO with high beams on, especially with Silverstars, and not getting flashed seems kinnda odd?

The only way I can see of you getting more light output is going with higher wattage bulbs, but I don't know what kind of damage it might do to your wiring. I know Modbargains.com has some normal and higher wattage bulbs that fit the F150s.

EDIT: Oh wait, just noticed you have a '93. Hmm... maybe it would help if you got a clear lens headlight housing, although I don't know how that would look on your truck. Another option would be getting some fogs/driving lights. I think people here like PIAAs.

Last edited by ELVATO; 05-27-2008 at 11:02 PM.
Old 05-27-2008, 11:48 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
post up pics of you heads. i got silverstars before i bought new clear headlights and i could immediately tell the difference. do you have those older style bulbs that have their own housings or do you have an actual headlight assembly with a seperate bulb inside?

Old 05-28-2008, 08:32 AM
As your truck is a '93, is your headlight housing clear or has it yellowed out over the years? My old car's (it was a 2002) headlights had yellowed out and my light output dropped like a rock.

Quick Reply: Brightest bulbs without going HID