Wanna see a $3500 bed upgrade?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2008, 10:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wanna see a $3500 bed upgrade?

Well, I believe I have completed my new truck bed. I had Rhino Lining installed, added a Draw Tite hitch, a Truck Covers U.S.A. roll cover, and Swing Case pork chop style boxes that swing out. The Swing Cases and Roll cover are awesome! The cover is like armor for the truck bed and the Swing Cases are perfect for what I need. Out of the way for my 5th wheel and hold enough tools for what I need, and remove just by lifting them out, they are genius. I have also added Recon Bed lights and installed them to my uplifter switches. I have also provided a picture of the new NAV unit.

Part 2 to follow....

Old 05-26-2008, 10:01 PM
Old 05-26-2008, 10:02 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That looks AWESOME! Great looking rig

Old 05-26-2008, 10:02 PM
thats looking really good.

Old 05-26-2008, 10:08 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Good stuff man!

Old 05-26-2008, 10:11 PM
That's a real american work truck! great job

Old 05-26-2008, 10:31 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Awesome! Im getting a lot of the same things. Same tonneau, are those the undercover truck boxes, if so im getting those. I was looking at those bed lights, but I might be trying something else. Instead of a spray on bedliner, im getting a bed rug. Did you do all the installs? and how do you like everything so far?

Old 05-26-2008, 10:37 PM
Originally Posted by stealthster
Well, I believe I have completed my new truck bed. I had Rhino Lining installed, added a Draw Tite hitch, a Truck Covers U.S.A. roll cover, and Swing Case pork chop style boxes that swing out. The Swing Cases and Roll cover are awesome! The cover is like armor for the truck bed and the Swing Cases are perfect for what I need. Out of the way for my 5th wheel and hold enough tools for what I need, and remove just by lifting them out, they are genius. I have also added Recon Bed lights and installed them to my uplifter switches. I have also provided a picture of the new NAV unit.

Part 2 to follow....
Now THAT is a saweeeet setup! Very impressive.

Old 05-26-2008, 10:46 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
How much space/volume (whatever) does the rollcover occupy in the front of your bed? (What I'm trying to find out, for my Sister, with her f250 and a gooseneck hitch) is how much space she loses with the cover.

Hopefully, my question makes sense. I think your truck is dynamite, by the way!

- Jack

Old 05-26-2008, 10:50 PM
Originally Posted by JackandJanet
How much space/volume (whatever) does the rollcover occupy in the front of your bed? (What I'm trying to find out, for my Sister, with her f250 and a gooseneck hitch) is how much space she loses with the cover.

Hopefully, my question makes sense. I think your truck is dynamite, by the way!

- Jack
The last time i saw one.. it seemed to be around 6". However i didnt measure it or anything

Old 05-26-2008, 11:08 PM
That is one serious setup. Looks great!

Old 05-26-2008, 11:16 PM
i love those boxes...how expensive are they? i think one would be all i would need but would be exactly what im looking for...i dont wanna get a truckbox b/c i dont have the bed length to give up for it..i use my truck bed regularly so i need its full length... that swing away box would be perfect if they make one for my bed

Old 05-26-2008, 11:41 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
that looks awesome!

Old 05-27-2008, 07:41 AM
Thank you everyone for your comments. I did forget one more mod I plan to do, a power tailgate lock.

Anyway, south_ms_sprcru, the boxes are a little pricey, they were about $250 each, but for me, it's what I needed, something that would fit under the cover, be out of the way of the king pin, and be accessible.

JackandJanet, I believe you lose 8 x 8 for the canister at the front and an additional 4" - 5" when the cover is opened, in other words, the cover does not completely go back into the canopy, the key lock section will stay out. So, I would say about a foot, it would work for a 6 1/2 foot bed and a fifth wheel.

rednoved, yes, they are undercover boxes, you will love them. I did all of the installs myself except the Rhino Lining. For your undercover boxes, mount the column first, then put the box on and swing it almost closed, line up the latch, hold it, swing the box back and drill it. I replace the supplied self tapping bolts with all stainless steel hardware and tapped the holes. I think I may add LED surface mount lights and mount them on the roll cover canister for addition lighting. The Recon lighting looks very good, and provides very good lighting, but I want more on my hitch when needed, maybe a switched setup for the additional lights. As far as how I like everything so far, I love every choice I made, like I said, the cover, I don't think they make a better one, I may be wrong, but this thing will probably out live the truck. The swing cases are perfect for me. If you need more room though, they may lack in that area, but for me, they hold the tools I need with plenty of room to spare.

Hopefully I answered all of your questions, if I missed one, let me know.

Old 05-27-2008, 08:44 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
I like that swing out box does that seem pretty strong?

Quick Reply: Wanna see a $3500 bed upgrade?