access tonneu cover

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2005, 10:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
access tonneu cover

Thinking of buying an access tonneu cover dont know much abot them i heard access is suppose to be very good looking at the loredo,limited,or the access cover any info would be really appreciated. thanx

Old 08-23-2005, 10:19 AM
Hey I got the Lorado cover on my truck can say enough about it. Great cover and look. Very few problems, stays tight as a drum and has very little leakage. I was told that no cover is 100% leak free. I can gain access to my pick up bed in a matter of seconds and recover my bed just as quickly. I would suggest going to a dealer in town and compare/contrast the covers, plus if you would have any problems theyll be able to help with the warranty. Oh thats right my Lorado has a Lifetime Guarantee. Good luck with your search.

Last edited by ftblfrk; 08-23-2005 at 04:59 PM.
Old 08-23-2005, 12:03 PM
APT
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have the Limited. Love the look and convinince to open/close. Hate the leak. I don't think it is good for the 2001-2003 curved Screw beds.

Pics

Old 08-23-2005, 12:42 PM
Originally Posted by ftblfrk
...snip... I would suggest going to a dealer in town and compare/contrast the covers, plus if you would have any problems theyll be able to help with the warranty. ...snip...
Excellent advice! Put your hands on them and use them before you buy. I was all set to buy an Extang Fulltilt till I saw the Access. Way simpler to use, non-temperature sensitive material, rip proof, support bars roll up with the cover, not seperate.

I had an 01 scab with the factory tonneau, plastic clip edge, seperate support bars, total hassle to rollup.

I will be buying an access ASAP.

Old 08-23-2005, 03:35 PM
Here is a pic of mine. Like it a lot, would not hesitate to buy one again.

Old 08-23-2005, 09:38 PM
thanks for all the help hey does that limited leak real bad or the lorado?

Old 08-25-2005, 07:59 AM
Mine will leak a little, very little, near the front where the straps are located. Not really enough to get anything wet. Shouldn't have any problems not matter which model you go with.

Old 08-25-2005, 08:30 AM
Access tonneau

I have the LiteRider by Access -- it's a great cover too. Unrolls in seconds and rolls back up just as quick. Bought it online and installed it myself. I wasn't impressed with the design of the clamps but hey they have worked fine so far so who am I to complain. Real easy to use cover.

I bought mine from 4wheelonline.com They sent me a damaged cover at first (to be fair it could have easily been damaged in shipping and that is most likely the case becuase it wasn't packaged very well at all), I immediately sent it back and it took over a month to get a new one. (They advertise 2 day shipping.) I had to wait two weeks for a shipping label that they could have emailed me and then it took over two weeks for them to send me another one, even though it is guaranteed for life, I had prepaid and they had received my old one back. It was a real hassle and their service was aweful -- kept making excuses and giving me the run-around. All they had to do was put a new one in the mail. but they already had my money so I was stuck. I could have returned it, minus a hefty restocking fee. They had great prices so you decide for yourself.

I could have went thru the factory directly and they would have fixed the problem immediately, but I had already sent my damaged one back to the dealer. I would buy an Access cover again for sure, just not from the same dealer.

I still like the cover and it improved my gas mileage a little (1/2-1mpg depending on how fast I drive) Hope this helps.

Last edited by scottluna; 08-25-2005 at 08:33 AM.
Old 08-25-2005, 09:47 AM
Had a Lite Rider on my last truck and loved it. Looking to get one again. It did leak a little right at the front, but I think with some creativeness and knowing where the leak is it can be plugged. Really easy to install.

Old 08-25-2005, 10:00 AM
Question Question

I have a 05 SuperCrew. I was thinking of ordering and Extang Saber. While researching I found that the Saber will not work with the bed extender. I called Extang and that is correct. Support said the only thing they had that would work was the Full Tilt. Everyone that has bed extenders, what soft cover do you have? Thanks for the input!

Old 08-28-2005, 04:12 PM
ended up with an undercover

Old 09-02-2005, 02:13 PM
Ken,

How do you like your undercover? is it composite, plastic, vinyl? I have been looking for something. How much did you pay?

Old 09-02-2005, 02:44 PM
I've got a bed extender and I put on an Extang R/T about a month ago. Didn't notice any issues. I don't think the bed extender is from Ford though.

Old 09-02-2005, 09:20 PM
its a composite i like it so far i paid $700 they put the access loredo on but i seen a bunch of spots were i think it could have leaked so i had them take it off and when with the undercover so far so good $700 out the door with instalation.

Old 09-04-2005, 04:07 PM
Originally Posted by kenf150
Thinking of buying an access tonneu cover dont know much abot them i heard access is suppose to be very good looking at the loredo,limited,or the access cover any info would be really appreciated. thanx
I just put the Lorado (Sp?) on my o5 screw this past friday...and drove it for two days in heavy rain...didnt notice any water getting inside. Love the look and its pretty easy to roll up and put back into place.

Quick Reply: access tonneu cover