06 F150 SuperCab

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 11:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Low_e_Red
Hey bro, Look at the pics...
What I meant to say was... "Im dumb". You know what they say, a picture is worth a thousand words... This one says, look at it.

Later,
Devildog101

Old 02-28-2008, 01:20 PM
Originally Posted by Devildog101
What I meant to say was... "Im dumb". You know what they say, a picture is worth a thousand words... This one says, look at it.

Later,
Devildog101

Old 03-01-2008, 04:29 AM
So I got my Kicker ZX1000.1 finally and hooked it up to the Kicker 15" L7 in a ported box and it started to play just fine. Hadn't touched any settings on the amp or the bass boost gauge for the amp as well. As I turned up the volume on my HU and the bass increased, my amp would click once, the subwoofer would stop playing for about 3 seconds, the amp would click once more then the subwoofer would start playing again. This happens almost all the time when the volume is a little higher. I am either thinking it is not getting enough power to the amp because either my alternator (which i doubt) or something is up with my power cable. I have a 4 gauge power cable with the fuse box near the battery then running to the back seats. Not quite sure what is causing the cut-outs. Any ideas and thanks guys!

Old 03-01-2008, 01:25 PM
Originally Posted by Tohsh
So I got my Kicker ZX1000.1 finally and hooked it up to the Kicker 15" L7 in a ported box and it started to play just fine. Hadn't touched any settings on the amp or the bass boost gauge for the amp as well. As I turned up the volume on my HU and the bass increased, my amp would click once, the subwoofer would stop playing for about 3 seconds, the amp would click once more then the subwoofer would start playing again. This happens almost all the time when the volume is a little higher. I am either thinking it is not getting enough power to the amp because either my alternator (which i doubt) or something is up with my power cable. I have a 4 gauge power cable with the fuse box near the battery then running to the back seats. Not quite sure what is causing the cut-outs. Any ideas and thanks guys!
L7 D2 or D4? Next time this happens look @ the green light and see if it goes red. If so, its in protection. ( My guess you have Dual 2 ohm voice coils...)

Readjust your gains

Old 03-02-2008, 01:07 AM
I figured half of it out. my ground wasn't a 4-gauge like my power cord. I went ahead and grounded it under my door guard and made sure to scrape away the paint and use a grounding washer. at VERY high levels of volume It still shuts off for about 3-second intervals between hits. is this normal? the amp stays green when this happens.

Old 03-16-2008, 05:07 AM
bump..any idea?

Quick Reply: 06 F150 SuperCab