just finished the new set up thought id show it off

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 09:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just finished the new set up thought id show it off

since i got my new box in from supercrewsound i decided to relocate the amp to its proper spot, just wanting to share the set up with everyone.

first picture, the foreman and his stuff

second picture, i stripped everything off the backwall.

third picture, screwed and PL'ed a piece of plywood to the backwall. i also spray painted it black for no real reason, i just enjoy spray painting random stuff when i can.

forth picture, got the carpet/padding stuff put back on and i mounted the amp ontop of that. got the power and ground hooked up with some nice 4awg.

Old 11-15-2007, 09:46 PM
fifth picture, slid the new dual sub box underneath, put the back of the seat on and everything is back to normal. i know my seat cover is really lame but you can see what its ONLY purpose is of being there, haha.

after a couple hours of work the man is ready for a nap. anyways hope you guys enjoyed this

Old 11-15-2007, 10:05 PM
Technical Article Contributor

anndddd most importantly, how does it sound??

Old 11-15-2007, 10:22 PM
sounds really good, i like these shallow mount subs, their so hype. i can control them a lot through the Z2 which is really cool.

im still having the electrical problem though(my lights dimming) that amp just sucks up so much juice. i was hoping replacing the 8awg to 4awg power and ground for the amp would fix it but the problem is still there just not nearly as bad. im gonna do the big 3 sometime this weekend if i get the chance.

Old 11-16-2007, 12:29 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by edwards
sounds really good, i like these shallow mount subs, their so hype. i can control them a lot through the Z2 which is really cool.

im still having the electrical problem though(my lights dimming) that amp just sucks up so much juice. i was hoping replacing the 8awg to 4awg power and ground for the amp would fix it but the problem is still there just not nearly as bad. im gonna do the big 3 sometime this weekend if i get the chance.
yes. and grab yourself an optima yellow top battery, they work wonders

Old 11-16-2007, 12:31 AM
Suspended
Sweet

Old 11-16-2007, 02:41 PM
Looks very nice, and being a German Shepherd owner, I know exactly what that "Lame" seat cover is there for. However, don't know about your dog, but with mine I almost need an entire inside of the truck cover because she sheds so much.

Old 11-16-2007, 03:34 PM
since i got my new box in from supercrewsound i decided to relocate the amp to its proper spot, just wanting to share the set up with everyone.

first picture, the foreman and his stuff

second picture, i stripped everything off the backwall.

third picture, screwed and PL'ed a piece of plywood to the backwall. i also spray painted it black for no real reason, i just enjoy spray painting random stuff when i can.

forth picture, got the carpet/padding stuff put back on and i mounted the amp ontop of that. got the power and ground hooked up with some nice 4awg.
2 things..........how did you get the back seat off cause I wanted to mount my amp like that and do you have a problem with the amp overheating cause it doesnt look like it has any ventilation.

Old 11-16-2007, 03:43 PM
DLM
you need a capacitor

Old 11-16-2007, 04:29 PM
are those 10's

Old 11-16-2007, 05:10 PM
Originally Posted by f150silver05
2 things..........how did you get the back seat off cause I wanted to mount my amp like that and do you have a problem with the amp overheating cause it doesnt look like it has any ventilation.
i followed these intructions to take the seat off
http://www.ford-trucks.com/article/i...2006_F150.html

my first attempt took me like 5 minutes. definately helps being 6'3 with skinny enough arms.

i dont think i will find out until next summer if it will ever overheat since winter is here i dont think it will reach warm enough temperatures inside. plus my amp is never cranked to the ***** i always have it set down. i doubt it will ever overheat.

Originally Posted by gixxerjasen
Looks very nice, and being a German Shepherd owner, I know exactly what that "Lame" seat cover is there for. However, don't know about your dog, but with mine I almost need an entire inside of the truck cover because she sheds so much.
shepherd/lab cross. he sheds like a monster and his ***** or *** im not sure which it is, at random times will stink so bad. i have to wash the covers almost every week.

Originally Posted by JohnWade150
are those 10's
yes they are

Old 11-16-2007, 05:17 PM
anyone have any tips for doing the big 3? where is a good place for grounding the engine to the chassis?

Old 11-16-2007, 05:33 PM
Looks much better than mine. I took that carpeted whatever it is off thwe back wall and trashed it.

Old 11-17-2007, 11:41 PM
I just some of those P3 shallows too
i bought 2 10's and they sound good
they deffiently dont hit as hard as my solox 18,
but i really needed a back seat this month and needed some bass
they get the job done.

Old 11-19-2007, 10:41 AM
he sheds like a monster and his ***** or *** im not sure which it is, at random times will stink so bad. i have to wash the covers almost every week.
What, don't want to get your nose close enough to determine where the smell's coming from???

Quick Reply: just finished the new set up thought id show it off