just finished the new set up thought id show it off

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 03:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by edwards
i followed these intructions to take the seat off
http://www.ford-trucks.com/article/i...2006_F150.html

my first attempt took me like 5 minutes. definately helps being 6'3 with skinny enough arms.

i dont think i will find out until next summer if it will ever overheat since winter is here i dont think it will reach warm enough temperatures inside. plus my amp is never cranked to the ***** i always have it set down. i doubt it will ever overheat.

shepherd/lab cross. he sheds like a monster and his ***** or *** im not sure which it is, at random times will stink so bad. i have to wash the covers almost every week.

yes they are
very helpful link. Why does the plywood go on the wall? What do you use to attach it?

Old 12-17-2007, 09:13 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by goodwood
very helpful link. Why does the plywood go on the wall? What do you use to attach it?
The plywood is to screw the amp/amps, wire clamps, and other MISC stuff that would need screws. You want the amps and components back there to stay firmly on the backwall and not rattle, nor come loose, but you also dont want to put a huge screw thru your back wall.

The plywood is mounted with shallower screws or nuts and bolts thru the back wall supports so that they dont protrude thru the wall either.

Old 01-08-2008, 11:48 AM
Originally Posted by Fabian06SC
The plywood is mounted with shallower screws or nuts and bolts thru the back wall supports so that they dont protrude thru the wall either.
Where, or which ribs did ya screw in to so they didn't stick out of the truck? So far I can only figure that there is only one place to screw in to the back wall and not shoot out of the truck w/ a screw.

Did ya only shoot 2 screws onto the wall?

Old 01-09-2008, 07:49 PM
yea i only used 2 screws, none at the bottom. i also had a tube of pl premium i think it was, kicking around in the garage. so i used that to glue the bottom and top. its really solid

Old 01-09-2008, 07:54 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by DLM
you need a capacitor
Just say no to capacitors
http://forum.realmofexcursion.com/sh...ad.php?t=17970

Old 01-09-2008, 08:19 PM
Originally Posted by Patman03SprCrw
interesting link patman

Old 01-10-2008, 01:45 PM
Originally Posted by Patman03SprCrw
That site is wrong. Trust me. I have kicked this discussion around with 15 Master Installers, more First Class than I could count, and have done the math with them and by myself and this is not true.

Its some kid with a calculator that thinks hes on to something. Because he got pissed his lights still dimmed with a cap way less than what he needs. And without the proper upgrades.

Quick Reply: just finished the new set up thought id show it off