Remote Turn-On Factory HU

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 10:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Remote Turn-On Factory HU

Ok, ok, I know, I tried the search and did not find the answer I need. I am wondering where is the best place to connect my remote turn on lead in order for it to be key-switched. I had this set-up in my '03, with the remote turn-on wired in to the fuse box on a switched circuit. I cannot seem to find a switched fuse on my '04. I have tried several fuses to connect my radar detector, but it seems that all fuses I have tried are hot even with the ignition off. Please advise......
Thanks in advance!

Old 09-17-2007, 11:39 PM
man if you would of posted this friday! i had everything torn open and could of getten exact wire. but what i can tell you, looking AT the open ends of the factory plug, the biggest one of the three, there is a row of big openings(2) then a 6 high 2 across of smaller openings, then more big openings at the bottom. im not sure on the color of the wire, my crutchfield connector it was a red wire but that doesnt mean it matched to stock wire, but it is below the single row of big openings at the top. the two big ones at top are 12v constant and chassis ground. it is below the constant power. hope this helps. dont have any pics

Old 09-18-2007, 07:48 AM
I'm doing this, this weekend. I'm planning on running the remote wire to the PNK/BLK wire going into the radio. Is the "Hot in acc and run" wire according to my Haynes Man.

Old 09-18-2007, 11:05 AM
Originally Posted by Jolly_Green_Giant
I'm doing this, this weekend. I'm planning on running the remote wire to the PNK/BLK wire going into the radio. Is the "Hot in acc and run" wire according to my Haynes Man.
Thanks for the replies!
Let me know how it goes, and take some pics, if you don't mind. It will be next week sometime before I have a chance to install my amp.

Old 09-22-2007, 08:21 AM
PNK/BLK Worked like a charm

Old 09-24-2007, 12:48 PM
Cool. That's what I will do, too!

Old 10-02-2007, 02:54 PM
I assume you mean pink wire with a black stripe? Also, I'm guessing you hooked up a line out converter to the stock radio. Which wires did you splice the line out converter in to?

Old 10-05-2007, 10:34 AM
Just put my amp in last night. I was able to figure out the remote turn on, but on my wiring, the wire was green with a yellow stripe (I think), rather than black/pink. Go figure......

^^^I spliced into the factory speaker wires coming out of the back of the stock head unit. I did a search to find a diagram of the factory head unit wiring, and went from there. My line out converter has front and rear input/output, so I ran 2 RCA cables from there to the amp. Took me about 4 hours (with several interruptions) to get it in and cleaned up. I still need to do some fine tuning, but it sounds pretty darn good already!

For around $400 I got
4 Kicker 6x8
1 Jensen JPA 460
Supercrewsound box
Kicker Comp 10"
Line out converter
Amp install kit
Various wires, connectors, etc.

Old 10-05-2007, 11:24 AM
Sounds great. I have my wiring kit in and ready to go, I'm just waiting for the local audio shop to get some line out converters in. When you spliced into the factory speaker wires, did you use those plastic snap splicers that you can get at any hardware store or did you strip the wire and solder the line out converter wires to them?

Old 10-05-2007, 01:58 PM
Originally Posted by txag2007
Sounds great. I have my wiring kit in and ready to go, I'm just waiting for the local audio shop to get some line out converters in. When you spliced into the factory speaker wires, did you use those plastic snap splicers that you can get at any hardware store or did you strip the wire and solder the line out converter wires to them?
The line out converter I got from Wal-Mart has screw terminal inputs. I just cut and stripped the wires, then screwed them in!

Old 10-07-2007, 07:41 PM
Originally Posted by chumFX4
Just put my amp in last night. I was able to figure out the remote turn on, but on my wiring, the wire was green with a yellow stripe (I think), rather than black/pink. Go figure......

^^^I spliced into the factory speaker wires coming out of the back of the stock head unit. I did a search to find a diagram of the factory head unit wiring, and went from there. My line out converter has front and rear input/output, so I ran 2 RCA cables from there to the amp. Took me about 4 hours (with several interruptions) to get it in and cleaned up. I still need to do some fine tuning, but it sounds pretty darn good already!

For around $400 I got
4 Kicker 6x8
1 Jensen JPA 460
Supercrewsound box
Kicker Comp 10"
Line out converter
Amp install kit
Various wires, connectors, etc.
Just got done hooking up my signal wires and remote turn on wire and mine was the light green with yellow stripe also.

Old 10-08-2007, 06:29 PM
Originally Posted by txag2007
Just got done hooking up my signal wires and remote turn on wire and mine was the light green with yellow stripe also.
Hows it sound? I love mine! I was starving for more than the craptory system could produce. In no way can I "rattle the windows," but it is good enough for me. Still sounds way better and louder than the Audiophile systems I've heard

Quick Reply: Remote Turn-On Factory HU