2009 - 2014 F-150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Bad shake/shutter

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2020, 05:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bad shake/shutter

Alright guys.. so. I have a 2012 f150 with a 6 inch lift and 24x14x35 wheels/tires. My truck had a shake/shutter before putting these wheels on, and I bought new ones because my last set of 35’s were junk and wouldn’t balance so I figured that was the problem. Well, it still does it. Feels like the front end is about to fall off, so I don’t think it’s the wheels. I worked at a ford dealership and no mechanic knew or found anything lose. Do you guys have any idea why it does it and gets better and worse on and off? It’s worse at highway speed and when you turn the wheel it’s worse. Been having this problem for over a year and can’t find anything. Do I need to upgrade anything ? I have no clue. Does anyone here have the same or similar setup and how does your truck ride?

Old 07-02-2020, 10:23 PM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Lightbulb

The lift and the rim offset.

To isolate the issue (re)install stock wheels or wheels with stock spec's.

Old 08-28-2020, 12:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm late to the game, but for future reference for anyone observing this post, the owner's manual states that any modification to the vehicle that involves changing the angle of the driveline can (and likely will) cause shuttering. So lift kits will likely be the issue.

Though this might be from the factory service manual under diagnostics, I can't remember.

Quick Reply: Bad shake/shutter