2009 - 2014 F-150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Can't get in Truck...

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2017, 09:02 AM
Build Tracking Moderator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not sure of this works on your truck. Give it a try.

Old 05-16-2017, 11:28 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
Yup, that's why I installed a Jimmi-Jammer guard on my hood latch. And I suspect the OP CAN open his hood that way.

- Jack

Old 05-23-2017, 11:10 AM
Originally Posted by joe51
Well, crap! I could have sworn that my 2010 had locks on both doors but I just went outside and looked and it doesn't!

My Maxima had a charging wire under the front left turn signal lens for situations like this but I guess Ford was too cheap to do that.

I wonder if the battery can be charged via the trailer power connector? (Assuming that the relay and fuse have been installed.)
Not possible. With the ingnition in the key off position, the connection to the battery is lost so as to protect the battery from accidental discharge by whatever is connected to the truck via the 7 way connector.

Old 06-17-2017, 10:35 AM
Thanks for the suggestions and offers of help... I went over last saturday and hooked up a charger to the starter cables, worked like a charm... Waited a minute,hit the remote and the door unlocked... Put in a new battery on sunday and everything's working well...
I like to put a new battery on a trickle charger (battery tender) before installing, just to make sure it's fully charged...
The biggest problem I had was the original outlet wasn't hot... Crawled underneath, hooked the clamps up and then plugged in the charger, nada... Tried both plugs and luckily found another outlet on another building reasonably close... I did bring a small lamp down from mas apt to make sure it was hot, I was getting tired of crawling underneath...

Thanks again for all yall's help...

Kevin