2009 - 2014 F-150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

My Ford Touch Issues and Reviews

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2013, 08:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ford Touch Issues and Reviews

Had my 150 Platinum since March and My Ford Touch still isn't working like it should. Problem I have is that it won't stay connected via Bluetooth so Text/Messaging will work consistently. Touch has been updated to latest version and the phone (HTC Droid DNA from Verizon) has just been updated. I can use the phone for calls and music via Bluetooth with no problem. Text/Messaging maybe works about 10% of the time. Wondering what the experience has been for other users.

Old 12-13-2013, 08:41 PM
Texting has never worked on my '13 with Samsung s3

Old 12-13-2013, 09:17 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
The latest version of MFT is 3.62 what version of android are running on your droid DNA? The current version of the My Ford Touch software is about 500% better than the 2.11 that came on my focus, with each new version the system gets better to the point that is near perfect. It may not be what you want to hear but there is a 95% chance its your phone.

Now for suge, do you have the ability to read texts turned on in the settings on the MFT itself? I have a samsung GS 3 and texting works just fine in the truck, it also worked just fine in the focus since version 3.02 which came out in the summer of 2012. My wife had an S3 also and hers worked too, she now has an S4 and it still works. My 24 yo kid has a GS 4 active and hers works too BTW we all have ATT

Last edited by 05RedFX4; 12-13-2013 at 09:39 PM.
Old 12-13-2013, 09:36 PM

Before anyone asks, no any stock version of the apple iphones do not support texting thru MFT. Here's why-apple uses a non-industry standard bluetooth stack and it will not support texting thru bluetooth.

Some have had minor success by jailbreaking their iphones and replacing the bluetooth stack with one that works, but you better know what your doing or you can brick your phone. I would think it would be easier to just get rid of the crapple phone in the first place and get an android.

Old 12-14-2013, 06:56 AM
Originally Posted by 05RedFX4
Before anyone asks, no any stock version of the apple iphones do not support texting thru MFT. Here's why-apple uses a non-industry standard bluetooth stack and it will not support texting thru bluetooth.

Some have had minor success by jailbreaking their iphones and replacing the bluetooth stack with one that works, but you better know what your doing or you can brick your phone. I would think it would be easier to just get rid of the crapple phone in the first place and get an android.
My Iphone 5 works perfectly with my 13 lariat MFT no problems.You just have to follow the instructions for pairing it on the ford sync website.

Old 12-14-2013, 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by Gonkey
My Iphone 5 works perfectly with my 13 lariat MFT no problems.You just have to follow the instructions for pairing it on the ford sync website.
Yes they do connect to sync, but does it read your texts back to you. I bet not.

Old 12-14-2013, 07:10 AM
Yes they do connect to sync, but does it read your texts back to you. I bet not.
Yes it does.Again you just have to follow instructions.

Trending Topics

Old 12-14-2013, 05:53 PM
The latest version of MFT is 3.62 what version of android are running on your droid DNA? The current version of the My Ford Touch software is about 500% better than the 2.11 that came on my focus, with each new version the system gets better to the point that is near perfect. It may not be what you want to hear but there is a 95% chance its your phone.

Now for suge, do you have the ability to read texts turned on in the settings on the MFT itself? I have a samsung GS 3 and texting works just fine in the truck, it also worked just fine in the focus since version 3.02 which came out in the summer of 2012. My wife had an S3 also and hers worked too, she now has an S4 and it still works. My 24 yo kid has a GS 4 active and hers works too BTW we all have ATT
MFT was updated this summer. Not sure what version but is the latest available. It had some improvements in it but nothing to help with this problem. My DNA was just updated to Android 4.2.2. The few times that the texting feature has worked it works just fine and will read the text to me. Most of the time when I touch "texting" in the phone menu on MFT it comes up that my device is not supported for this feature. I understand some phones are not supported but why is it sometime yes but most of the time no... It may very well be my phone because it also doesn't work on my 13' GT500. Just trying to find out what other people are experiencing.

Old 12-14-2013, 06:41 PM
My truck which is a 13 Platinum works perfect with my iPhone 5s. It reads back my text and as was said above I just followed the instructions and it has worked from day one. Sorry for your problems OP.

Old 12-15-2013, 10:53 AM
Originally Posted by ruff rider
My truck which is a 13 Platinum works perfect with my iPhone 5s. It reads back my text and as was said above I just followed the instructions and it has worked from day one. Sorry for your problems OP.
Is your IPhone connected via Bluetooth or plugged in? I was told by the dealer when I bought my truck in March that the IPhone could not be connected with Bluetooth. Maybe that was corrected in the later models of IPhones. Not a huge deal with me since I really don't get that many text, but I paid for the MFT technology and feel it should work...

Old 12-15-2013, 11:54 AM
Originally Posted by L Squared
Is your IPhone connected via Bluetooth or plugged in? I was told by the dealer when I bought my truck in March that the IPhone could not be connected with Bluetooth. Maybe that was corrected in the later models of IPhones. Not a huge deal with me since I really don't get that many text, but I paid for the MFT technology and feel it should work...
Iphone is connected via Bluetooth.

Old 12-16-2013, 09:42 AM
Not to start an apple/droid/windows war, but this is one situation where I wish apple would have been the company working with Ford from the beginning. I think the MFT experience would be overall more consistent and less glitchy.
iMFT!

Old 12-16-2013, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by ajsturtz
Not to start an apple/droid/windows war, but this is one situation where I wish apple would have been the company working with Ford from the beginning. I think the MFT experience would be overall more consistent and less glitchy.
iMFT!

True it would have been better from the get go, but it would be proprietary and apple would be the only phone that worked with it.

Last edited by 05RedFX4; 12-16-2013 at 09:02 PM.
Old 12-16-2013, 08:39 PM
Yeah, don't forget, you would need to sync it with iTunes...

Old 12-17-2013, 10:28 AM
Motorola Android phones have been able to connect with bluetooth MAP (message access profile) for years. Moto has their own BT stack that adds to ASOP (stock Android). My MotoX works great with my '13 FX4 with MFT other than that the BT connection crashes if I send a text from the phone when it's connected to the truck. It started after the phone updated to Android 4.4.

Many phones don't support MAP at this point. That's why MFT can't do messaging. Don't blame Ford, blame your handset maker.

Quick Reply: My Ford Touch Issues and Reviews