2009 - 2014 F-150

Enters lights coming on every 12-13 minutes

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2013, 09:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Enters lights coming on every 12-13 minutes

I have a 2010 f150 lariat crew cab 4x4.

My problem is that the entry lights come on every 12-13 minutes with no one near the truck. I have taken it to ford on several occasions. They blame the auto start so I had it disconnected and still the problem exists.

It seems to do it when the temperature approaches the freezing mark. It's rather annoying because it kills the battery after a day and I have to boost it every time I want to use it.

Any ideas where I should look to find the problem? My ford dealer keeps saying they can not get it too happen in the garage, so they can not find anything wrong with it.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated

Old 11-29-2013, 12:22 PM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Things that can/will drain the battery and cause the dash lights (and PCM) to cycle on/off ...
  • leaving the key in the ignition.
  • faulty shift interlock switch. *Doesn't really engage into P(ark).
  • faulty door-ajar switches.
  • leaving accessories plugged-into the recepticles.
  • faulty after-market wiring and/or control modules.
    etc., etc., etc..

Old 11-30-2013, 07:20 PM
Originally Posted by gDMJoe
Things that can/will drain the battery and cause the dash lights (and PCM) to cycle on/off ...
  • leaving the key in the ignition.
  • faulty door-ajar switches.
  • leaving accessories plugged-into the recepticles.
  • faulty after-market wiring and/or control modules.
    etc., etc., etc..
So no key in ignition
Door ajar switch has been replaced
All accessories are unplugged.
Only after market accessories was the auto start that they had installed from the dealer, I had it all disconnected

Problem still persists

I tried turning the light switch all the way off. The interior lights and the box light don't come on now but the parking lights still all come on every 12-13 minutes for roughly 20-30 seconds.

I'm pulling my hair out with this one. I'm going to take it to the dealer again and demand they look into this further before it totally screws my battery.

If the truck sits for 24 hours I have to boost it. The battery is completely dead.

Very annoying to have to boost my ford with my work truck which is a GMC. Someone help me with this embarrassment please.

Old 12-03-2013, 11:10 AM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Rodsonnow - So no key in ignition
Door ajar switch has been replaced
All accessories are unplugged.
Only after market accessories was the auto start that they had installed from the dealer, I had it all disconnected

Problem still persists

I tried turning the light switch all the way off. The interior lights and the box light don't come on now but the parking lights still all come on every 12-13 minutes for roughly 20-30 seconds.

I'm pulling my hair out with this one. I'm going to take it to the dealer again and demand they look into this further before it totally screws my battery.

If the truck sits for 24 hours I have to boost it. The battery is completely dead.

Very annoying to have to boost my ford with my work truck which is a GMC. Someone help me with this embarrassment please.
The issue was resolved by another 2010 F-150 owner on another forum by his dealership's diagnostics ...
*Which was noted in my original post.

Old 12-09-2013, 07:52 AM
I took it back to the dealer. They determined that it was a faulty smart connection box which they have ordered and they are installing tomorrow. At the moment they have done something to the connection and the problem seems to have stopped. Hopefully that will fix the problem

Thanks for all the suggestions. It's been 3 years living with this issue. I was loosing faith in my dealership.

Quick Reply: Enters lights coming on every 12-13 minutes