2009 - 2014 F-150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Ecoboost or 5.0 which would you choose?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2013, 02:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Desert Dawg
Yeah, but it would be great if you stop the derogatory remarks with every post you mention the "ego boost"...I stop counting how times you keep saying that.

We get it; you don't like the EcoBoost. I just read another recent post where you say the same thing again. Sorry for calling you out on this but it is getting old.

You don't ever hear me putting down what you or anyone else drives. I really like mine and happen to be in the majority of owners that have not any issues, and do not have an "ego" about it. I agree that some on this forum are insanely egotistical about their Eco trucks, but they are the minority just like the hardcore 5.0L and 6.2L owners that have nothing good to say about anyone else. We do however enjoy driving our F150s and would like to be considered as equals in this forum as much as you do.

Thanks for letting me rant.

sorry just use it as a joke, i didn't want any hurt feelings. the men at work all call it that and yes we have a 5.slow and we call it that to. just so you know I have driven one for a week wile my shops 5.4 was in the shop and I still like all of fords motors !

Old 10-06-2013, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by blueovelboy
sorry just use it as a joke, i didn't want any hurt feelings. the men at work all call it that and yes we have a 5.slow and we call it that to. just so you know I have driven one for a week wile my shops 5.4 was in the shop and I still like all of fords motors !
No worries, thanks blueovalboy....guess my shorts were all bunched up; didn't mean to get folks upset either.

Old 10-06-2013, 10:19 PM
Originally Posted by Bluejay
To me, the animosity started early on when some EB owners questioned the intelligence of anyone that chose the 5.0 over the EB. It did get a bit old. Some just did not want to admit that anyone could want something besides an EB, even though Ford did just by offering a choice. Once the EB started getting some posts concerning the bogging and poor mpg of some, that quieted down considerably. Just an observation as I see it.

Sent from my iPhone using IB AutoGroup
Really?? I disagree, I believe it all started early on when the diehard V8 owners couldn't grasp the concept of a V6 that sounds like a moped out performing there V8..... Stop playing the victim.

Old 10-06-2013, 10:40 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by Kevin O.
Really?? I disagree, I believe it all started early on when the diehard V8 owners couldn't grasp the concept of a V6 that sounds like a moped out performing there V8..... Stop playing the victim.
Victim? Now that is hilarious! Thanks for the laugh.

Old 10-07-2013, 01:02 AM
Victim? Now that is hilarious! Thanks for the laugh.

hey I started the name calling as a joke and in no means wanted this to turn in to a eco /5.0 bash fest! to all here let it go and I am the jerk so flame me in a PM but lets keep the thread going in it original direction

Old 10-08-2013, 08:45 AM
TRUCK OF THE YEAR 2013

Originally Posted by Desert Dawg
But when it's over and over again in multiple threads, it is not being playful but rather making a statement.
Right. Like below?

Originally Posted by KingRanchCoy
5.slow and ecobeast.. get it right people

Honestly, Dawg. When you were talking about blueovalboy with the repeated use of "ego boost", I couldn't help but think about all the times I've seen Coy (and others) use "5.slow". Methinks the (usually) friendly banter goeth both wayseth.

To me, the animosity started early on when some EB owners questioned the intelligence of anyone that chose the 5.0 over the EB. It did get a bit old. Some just did not want to admit that anyone could want something besides an EB, even though Ford did just by offering a choice. Once the EB started getting some posts concerning the bogging and poor mpg of some, that quieted down considerably. Just an observation as I see it.
Bingo!

Stop playing the victim.

Old 10-08-2013, 11:17 AM
Here is the reason I chose the EB...yes that's a 9300lb fifth wheel behind her.

Old 10-08-2013, 01:58 PM
I really love my 5.0 which is tuned and added the air intake. It works great for me the magnaflow exhaust soumds amazing to my ears. I love the performance sound and it has plenty to tear any GM truck up any day. However I have driven several ecoboost trucks and they all put it down to the pavement very well and I was really impressed in how hard they put you back in the seat under WOT. All that being said if I could go back and buy my truck again I would, but I might also just as quickly grabbed one with the 6.2 just cause I am a redneck and love that V8 sound. I would however love the chance to put on a supercharger on my 5.0. Also, I will be testing out the tow ability on my truck in the coming weeks where I might be moving our tractor which by itself is all of 11000 pounds and the trailer is another 3500 pounds. This will not be a flat pull either there are some very steep grades over the 85 mile trip. Just what I have seen since I bought my truck.

Old 10-08-2013, 02:41 PM
Originally Posted by prime81
Here is the reason I chose the EB...yes that's a 9300lb fifth wheel behind her.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7KuCQvNn44
What part of Texas are you from?

Old 10-08-2013, 03:06 PM
glc
Received 763 Likes on 706 Posts
Also, I will be testing out the tow ability on my truck in the coming weeks where I might be moving our tractor which by itself is all of 11000 pounds and the trailer is another 3500 pounds. This will not be a flat pull either there are some very steep grades over the 85 mile trip.
I would advise you not to do it. That's almost double your max ratings. Go rent a 1 ton truck to do that tow.

Old 10-08-2013, 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by DewserB
Right. Like below?

Honestly, Dawg. When you were talking about blueovalboy with the repeated use of "ego boost", I couldn't help but think about all the times I've seen Coy (and others) use "5.slow". Methinks the (usually) friendly banter goeth both wayseth.

Bingo!

Old 10-08-2013, 11:03 PM
Originally Posted by fordby4
What part of Texas are you from?
Odessa TX... was hauling north in the video to a lake outside Lubbock TX.

Old 10-08-2013, 11:19 PM
I towed 12500 in gravel and trailer over this same 85 miles with my 2002 f150 with the 4.6 motor and had no problems with a good trailer brake. It is not the moving it that I am worried about it is the hill grades and being able to maintain speed. The tow ratings are modest on most trucks anyway, but I will take your comment under advisement.

Quick Reply: Ecoboost or 5.0 which would you choose?