2009 - 2014 F-150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2011 Platinum Running Board - Delay !!

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2013, 01:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jtrudel90
Well I got the truck back earlier this evening and like I said I would keep you updated with what the issue was they wound up replacing the d/s power running board module on the work order they described it as being behind the rear seats and trim ".... Remove rear seats and related trim replace PRB module and test ..." She's all back to normal now ... Hope this helps
Are you within warranty still? My driver side board is acting up and I'm just past the warranty. Curious what this might cost at the dealer.

Thanks.

Old 06-26-2013, 12:29 PM
Originally Posted by kraftomatic
Are you within warranty still? My driver side board is acting up and I'm just past the warranty. Curious what this might cost at the dealer.

Thanks.
The motor on our Expy was a little over $800 for the part.

Old 07-01-2013, 01:34 PM

Thanks.
Hey ya I still have warranty on the truck I don't know what this would cost

Old 08-26-2013, 10:18 AM
Not to resurrect an old thread, but I recently purchased a 2011 Platinum and also disconnected the battery as a result of a navigation issue, and now experience no less than a 15 second delay on the driver-side running board, only when the board retracts back under the body.

Thanks.
After taking the truck to the my local dealership, they quoted nearly $1500.00 after running diagnostics and resetting the necessary modules with no luck. That would include the mechanical apparatus and the control module. With 41,000 miles on the truck I'm thankful to have purchased an extended warranty through Warranty Solutions when I bought the truck. They're covering all but the deductible and an addition $100 diagnostic fee charged by the dealership. The warranty has nearly paid for itself!

Old 08-28-2013, 12:13 PM
So yesterday I received my truck from the dealership, and was I disappointed to find that the running board still had the delay. We agreed to keep the warranty case open, and I only paid the deductible on the service. At this point, according to the service rep I spoke with, the tech who serviced my vehicle will submit his findings to a Ford Engineering Hotline. We'll see what, if anything comes of this. I refused to pay any additional money as the problem still exists.

Also, to edit my last comment, they did not replace the control module, so I anticipate this will be the next item they take a crack at.

Has anyone had this issue resolved yet?

Quick Reply: 2011 Platinum Running Board - Delay !!