2009 - 2014 F-150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2011 Platinum Running Board - Delay !!

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2012, 03:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 Platinum Running Board - Delay !!

I have 2011 Platinum bought it last November.
Yesterday I disconnect the battery for 1 hour to wiring my off road lights.
After finished the work I noticed that the power running board delay to go in when closing the door for 10 seconds and I think it shouldn't delay more than 2 seconds, right?
I have used the reset system but nothing changed. Any help please.

Old 01-17-2012, 02:10 AM
Any help please ....

Old 05-14-2013, 08:31 PM
my 2012 platinum is doing this only on the driver side has anyone have any input on this

Old 05-15-2013, 09:55 AM
You are correct the delay s/b about 2 seconds. I'd try turning the system off via the message center and on again several more times or even disconnecting the battery for a short time again and see if that makes a diff??

Old 05-15-2013, 10:23 PM
Originally Posted by HotLap
You are correct the delay s/b about 2 seconds. I'd try turning the system off via the message center and on again several more times or even disconnecting the battery for a short time again and see if that makes a diff??
I have actually tried this prior to posting on here also tried disconnecting the positive as well as the negative ... It's only the driver side that is messing up I'm not sure what caused this but it is exactly 10 sec but if you open then close the door before the PRB actually fully extends then it will retract immediately ... I found this pin out but the truck has 13,000km so it's going to the dealer

http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/AP...4_pbr_test.pdf

Old 05-16-2013, 12:28 PM
I'm also running board of the driver is delayed by 10 seconds.

Old 05-16-2013, 03:04 PM
I had a platinum previously that had running board issues. The system would reset randomly and they would not deploy. Other times I would set it to leave them deployed for washing them and they would just randomly go back up. Sometimes they would delay pulling up, I guess I wasn't the only one with those issues.

All the more reason I went with the FX4 this time, less automation, less **** to break.

Old 05-16-2013, 03:47 PM
Just a thought. Have you tired just running them up, and down thru the Drivers info screen. You never know, these electronics are crazy sometimes.

Old 05-16-2013, 05:29 PM
Originally Posted by prime81
All the more reason I went with the FX4 this time, less automation, less **** to break.

you know I honestly had this thought cross my mind prior to buying this truck and it has been nothing but problems

well I have an appointment with the dealer on the 28th of may so I will have to keep you guys posted ....

Old 05-17-2013, 10:27 AM
Originally Posted by jtrudel90
you know I honestly had this thought cross my mind prior to buying this truck and it has been nothing but problems

well I have an appointment with the dealer on the 28th of may so I will have to keep you guys posted ....
jtrude, don't despair, I'm sure you will get it worked out, unfortunately things sometimes break. I've had two Plat's an '09 & my current '13 and never had an issue with the PRBs...in fact they are one of my fav features about the Plat, the truck looks so much cleaner without the fixed running boards (IMO).

Old 05-20-2013, 10:14 PM
jtrude, don't despair, I'm sure you will get it worked out, unfortunately things sometimes break. I've had two Plat's an '09 & my current '13 and never had an issue with the PRBs...in fact they are one of my fav features about the Plat, the truck looks so much cleaner without the fixed running boards (IMO).
Thanks for keeping positive I just have seemed to have the most bizarre issues with this truck that really makes you think it was built on a Friday or a Monday every 3-4 weeks its been in for something stupid ... I will let you folks know what the out come is next week

Old 05-21-2013, 07:44 AM
Thanks for keeping positive I just have seemed to have the most bizarre issues with this truck that really makes you think it was built on a Friday or a Monday every 3-4 weeks its been in for something stupid ... I will let you folks know what the out come is next week
Sounds good and looking forward to finding out what the issue was!

Old 05-29-2013, 11:04 PM
Sounds good and looking forward to finding out what the issue was!
Well I got the truck back earlier this evening and like I said I would keep you updated with what the issue was they wound up replacing the d/s power running board module on the work order they described it as being behind the rear seats and trim ".... Remove rear seats and related trim replace PRB module and test ..." She's all back to normal now ... Hope this helps

Old 05-30-2013, 09:37 AM
Well I got the truck back earlier this evening and like I said I would keep you updated with what the issue was they wound up replacing the d/s power running board module on the work order they described it as being behind the rear seats and trim ".... Remove rear seats and related trim replace PRB module and test ..." She's all back to normal now ... Hope this helps
Good deal getting it fixed - sounds like it was an electrical gremlin in the logic circuit!

Old 05-31-2013, 01:59 PM
We had the motor fail on the passenger side of our 2010 Expy Limited. When we took it in for warranty repair, then service manager said it was the first one any of them had ever seen fail. I think that bodes pretty well for durability.

I agree on the clean looks. I just added Amp Energy boards to my '11 F150 because I hated the factory boards so much.

Quick Reply: 2011 Platinum Running Board - Delay !!