2009 - 2014 F-150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

The August 2013 MFT 3.6.2 Sync update is out.

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2013, 04:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The August 2013 MFT 3.6.2 Sync update is out.

The August 2013 MFT 3.6.2 Sync update is out. Just downloaded it from syncmyride.com

What’s included in this update?

DA5T-14D544-BD Gen2 - V3.6.2

The latest SYNC® update includes all of the improvements from previous updates, plus additional benefits, such as:
Information display on the homescreen for HD, Sirius (if equipped), and FM radio sources
Simplified graphics and improved usability
Enhanced voice destination entry for SD Card Navigation (if equipped)
Improved Navigation vehicle positioning (if equipped)
Rear view camera guidelines set to ON by default (if equipped)
Updated SYNC/device compatibility information
The installation of this update will take up to 30 minutes to complete. Be sure to keep your engine running, not in accessory mode, throughout the entire installation process. Turning off your vehicle during the update installation will disrupt the process. Although your vehicle must be in park when you begin the installation process, you may drive your vehicle while the update is downloading to your SYNC system. If your vehicle is equipped with the Intelligent Access with Push Button Start feature, you will need to temporarily disable the Automatic Engine Idle Shutdown (AEIS) component before beginning the installation in order to prevent your vehicle from timing out and shutting off the engine before the software update is complete. To disable this feature, use your steering wheel controls to navigate to the Settings menu on your left-hand Instrument Cluster LCD display. From there, select Vehicle >Auto Engine Off >Off. (If you do not see this setting, there is no need to make any changes before starting the update.) Alternatively, after initiating the installation, you may drive the vehicle during the update process to avoid the engine shutting off. The AEIS will automatically reset to "On" the next time you start your vehicle.
Please note: During the update installation, SYNC will temporarily appear to not recognize your mobile phone or media device. This is normal.
When your system has been successfully updated, SYNC will display a notification saying, "Installation complete."

Old 08-08-2013, 03:50 AM
Cuz
How do you actually start the update?

Thanks for posting

Old 08-08-2013, 12:02 PM
Originally Posted by Cuz
How do you actually start the update?

Thanks for posting
Download the update at your computer from syncmyride.com to a clean USB stick (will use about 550Mb). When the download completes, leave the syncmyride website active (i.e., don't log off).
With engine running (as stated it must be) and radio on, insert the USB stick into one of the USB ports (I have two) and the update will begin automatically.
The 3.6.2 update took about 25 minutes on my truck (faster than the 3.5.1 March update).
After getting onscreen confirmation that the update was successful, take the USB stick back to your computer to confirm the installation (this updates Ford's records). You can delete the files from the USB stick after that.**
This update necessitated resetting the clock (went from Mtn. to Pacific; Microsoft must think everyone lives in the West) and re-syncing my iPhone.

** The files to delete are: autoinstall.lst, DONTINDX.msa, and the folder SyncMyRide.

Last edited by dosman; 08-08-2013 at 12:08 PM.
Old 08-08-2013, 02:49 PM
Cuz
Thanks, Dos. I'm going to give it a shot

Old 08-08-2013, 04:23 PM
Just finished. Took 28 minutes to complete. Screen comes on and off during whole process. The system tells you when it is done.

First thing I noticed is improved speed for everything I tried. Navigation, Music search for now. i will report back as I notice differences. Overall pretty easy!

Old 08-08-2013, 04:44 PM
Originally Posted by Cuz
Thanks, Dos. I'm going to give it a shot
Keep in mind that the SYNC updates sometimes require an update to the SD card. This is for the NAV system maps of the US/Canada.

3.6.2 does not require a new SD card (if you have NAV A4, printed prominently on the card label). These are mailed free from Ford and have to be on hand before updating SYNC (according to the instructions, which I followed with success). NAV A4 came for the 3.5.1 SYNC update. The syncmyride site has the necessary link when the SD card update is needed (i.e., obvious).

I don't know about the SD port on the non-center console and/or older trucks. Right next to the USB ports inside the flow-through (2013 Plat).

I wonder how many folks "out there" do not update their SYNC/NAV systems? Bet it's most.

Old 08-08-2013, 05:11 PM
Originally Posted by ireash
Just finished. Took 28 minutes to complete. Screen comes on and off during whole process. The system tells you when it is done.

First thing I noticed is improved speed for everything I tried. Navigation, Music search for now. i will report back as I notice differences. Overall pretty easy!
Nice job, ireash. Anything to reset after, like clock or phone as I did? Also, the rearview camera proximity zone indicators are on by default now (not a big deal; simple on/off in vehicle settings).

What version of this computer that thinks it's a truck are you running?

Old 08-08-2013, 10:53 PM
I just got my new XLT today, is this something I need to do or will the dealership have already done it?

Old 08-08-2013, 11:06 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by dosman
NAV A4 came for the 3.5.1 SYNC update.
Correct. Older versions of the MFT software used older SD cards. My focus came with 2.11 and the A2 card when I upgraded to 3.02 it used the new A3 card. 3.22 still used the A3 and when 3.51 came out it required an A4 card. My guess, the next update after 3.62 will require a new A5 card, the nav cards seem to be good for two update cycles.

Last edited by 05RedFX4; 08-08-2013 at 11:12 PM.
Old 08-08-2013, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by mossbum
I just got my new XLT today, is this something I need to do or will the dealership have already done it?
Only if your XLT has the My Ford Touch setup, the regular sync has different software.

Old 08-08-2013, 11:49 PM
Originally Posted by mossbum
Well, congrats on the new truck. Pics please. Chances are pretty good your dealer hadn't done any updates.
If you can get to Settings|System Information on your display, you should see the NAV application version (currently 3.48.9) and the Map Database version (currently A4).
Performing an update when not needed (happened for me with 3.5.1) resulted in a quick exit from the update app. No harm; just told me everything was up to date.
So, I recommend going ahead with the update effort, even if you cannot locate Settings|System Information. Doubt you can harm anything. Let the truck run when you insert the USB stick. 25-30 minutes later, you will be up to date (assuming, like Red states, you have MFT).

Last edited by dosman; 08-08-2013 at 11:53 PM.
Old 08-09-2013, 01:25 AM
Cuz
Originally Posted by dosman
Keep in mind that the SYNC updates sometimes require an update to the SD card. This is for the NAV system maps of the US/Canada.

3.6.2 does not require a new SD card (if you have NAV A4, printed prominently on the card label). These are mailed free from Ford and have to be on hand before updating SYNC (according to the instructions, which I followed with success). NAV A4 came for the 3.5.1 SYNC update. The syncmyride site has the necessary link when the SD card update is needed (i.e., obvious).

I don't know about the SD port on the non-center console and/or older trucks. Right next to the USB ports inside the flow-through (2013 Plat).

I wonder how many folks "out there" do not update their SYNC/NAV systems? Bet it's most.
Dos, I have an XLT too. No Touch. Is this still something that I can/need to do or is only for Nav and Touch systems?
Thanks

Old 08-09-2013, 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by Cuz
Dos, I have an XLT too. No Touch. Is this still something that I can/need to do or is only for Nav and Touch systems?
Thanks
Your good. this update is only for the nav/touch systems. Ford rarely if ever updates the regular sync system. Chances are the version that came on your truck from the factory is the version you will have forever.

Old 08-10-2013, 05:57 PM
I got the update downloaded last night and applied it this morning. At first all went well. It started copy'ing files, do a reboot, copy some more files, another reboot I think, then return the error message "USB drive not ready" at which point everything went black. Waiting for 45 mins, still black. Finally ended up taking it do the dealer who finally managed to get it fixed. Very frustrating!!!!

Old 08-11-2013, 12:01 AM
Cuz
Okay, thanks again

Quick Reply: The August 2013 MFT 3.6.2 Sync update is out.