2009 - 2014 F-150

need someone with photoshop's help

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2011, 10:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow need someone with photoshop's help

Im about to powdercoat my stock rims black, but i just wanted to get an idea of what theyre gonna look like on my truck. Could someone take this picture and make the rims black? it would be greatly appreciated!

Old 09-18-2011, 11:30 PM
had a friend do it for me.. and i love it!
thoughts opinions? Im probably doing it this week!

Old 09-19-2011, 01:29 AM
Originally Posted by stormtroopereco
had a friend do it for me.. and i love it!
thoughts opinions? Im probably doing it this week!

Sorry, I am a big fan of the appearance of the stock 20's on the 2011 fx4's. Admittedly, mine is gray so it makes for a monotone appearance, but I still love the darkened chrome look and I wouldn't consider painting them. But, to each their own I suppose....

Old 09-19-2011, 01:35 AM

I tend to agree with Gerrard; the stock FX4 rims look killer in grey but seem to lose their styling appeal blacked out. On the other hand, every new FX4 has the same looking 20-inch factory wheels so yours would be different! If you like them, go for it!

Old 09-19-2011, 01:42 AM
to each their own. i can see where you guys are coming from the rims do look nice as they are, but im looking for the black theme and cant afford a whole new set of rims right now so im going this for economic purposes..if i could have some BMF novacanes id be all over them!

Old 09-19-2011, 01:46 AM
Originally Posted by Gerrard155
Sorry, I am a big fan of the appearance of the stock 20's on the 2011 fx4's. Admittedly, mine is gray so it makes for a monotone appearance, but I still love the darkened chrome look and I wouldn't consider painting them. But, to each their own I suppose....
yeah the stock 20s current color does flow with your truck alot better than mine. ill give it to ya

Old 09-19-2011, 01:52 AM

to each their own. i can see where you guys are coming from the rims do look nice as they are, but im looking for the black theme and cant afford a whole new set of rims right now so im going this for economic purposes..if i could have some BMF novacanes id be all over them!
Well, like I said, every other FX4 with the optional 20-inch rims all look the same so yours will be different. And I am not suggesting that painting them black would look bad, just that the styling lines of the OEM wheels work better with the dark grey. But like you said, if you're looking for black rims anyway then go for it! And yes, BMF wheels are ridicously expensive but definitely nice looking too.

Edit: actually, the more I look at your photoshopped picture, the more I am beginning to think that picture isn't doing your plan any justice. I am beginning to think those wheels might look pretty cool against your white truck. What kind of tires are you thinking, and are you adding anything else? I just noticed you already have your windows tinted pretty dark and have the black running boards. Hmmmm..........

Last edited by Desert Dawg; 09-19-2011 at 02:01 AM.
Old 09-19-2011, 02:06 AM
Originally Posted by Desert Dawg
Well, like I said, every other FX4 with the optional 20-inch rims all look the same so yours will be different. And I am not suggesting that painting them black would look bad, just that the styling lines of the OEM wheels work better with the dark grey. But like you said, if you're looking for black rims anyway then go for it! And yes, BMF wheels are ridicously expensive but definitely nice looking too.

Edit: actually, the more I look at your photoshopped picture, the more I am beginning to think that picture isn't doing your plan any justice. I am beginning to think those wheels might look pretty cool against your white truck. What kind of tires are you thinking, and are you adding anything else? I just noticed you already have your windows tinted pretty dark and have the black running boards. Hmmmm..........
forsure man. bmfs are definately top-notch. ohhh yes, i have a lot planned. Ive got some tint on the windshield, i definately have privacy with the black interior. illegal but oh well. the running boards arent black yet i plan on getting those painted maybe just get some black tube steps. But i have a black cw grille in the mail, and i plan on getting your tires actually, the trail grapplers look so damn good. probably some 33s. Ive already gotten it leveled 2.5 inches in the front. i plan on blacking out the emblems, reflectors, 3rd brake light, eventually the whole works. i also saw on another members build thread, marshal, he built a light bar behind his billet grille for the offraod lamps. i definately am gonna work on getting that in my truck, looks awesome.

Last edited by stormtroopereco; 09-19-2011 at 02:08 AM.
Old 09-19-2011, 02:08 AM

Okay...I don't have photoshop, but I imported your picture into my photo editor to try and bring out the wheels more. And I have to say that I think they'll look good now that I was able to see them (the rest of the picture got washed out as I played with the contrast and hues). If I can play with it more and get a decent pic, I'll post it for you.

Old 09-19-2011, 02:10 AM
thanks man i really appreciate that! i plan on getting it done this week, im excited... now to save up for some tires.

Old 09-19-2011, 02:29 AM

thanks man i really appreciate that! i plan on getting it done this week, im excited... now to save up for some tires.
Well, I can't get my editor to pull the picture together to be useful (more like I am not skilled enough...lol). I saw in your album you have another pic with a closer shot of your truck. Ask your friend to redo that one because you can see your front wheel much more clearly and will give you a better view (or take another photo yourself). Sorry I am not getting a good enough pic for you. But from what I saw, I think the black FX4 wheels will pull off pretty nicely.

Those Nitto Trail Grapplers will look great but I will be honest in telling you I really don't like them now that I have been driving around with them. For one thing, they really howl at highway speeds to the point you can't even hear the stereo (make my BFG KM2s seem tame noise wise). They are curiously rougher riding than the BFGs too. I really don't like how loud they are or the ride they give, but have to admit the Nittos do look good. I am seriously considering switching back to the BFG KM2s but want to see if the Nittos will quiet down and smooth out after some use.

Okay, off the bed now!

Old 09-19-2011, 02:39 AM
Originally Posted by Desert Dawg
Well, I can't get my editor to pull the picture together to be useful (more like I am not skilled enough...lol). I saw in your album you have another pic with a closer shot of your truck. Ask your friend to redo that one because you can see your front wheel much more clearly and will give you a better view (or take another photo yourself). Sorry I am not getting a good enough pic for you. But from what I saw, I think the black FX4 wheels will pull off pretty nicely.

Those Nitto Trail Grapplers will look great but I will be honest in telling you I really don't like them now that I have been driving around with them. For one thing, they really howl at highway speeds to the point you can't even hear the stereo (make my BFG KM2s seem tame noise wise). They are curiously rougher riding than the BFGs too. I really don't like how loud they are or the ride they give, but have to admit the Nittos do look good. I am seriously considering switching back to the BFG KM2s but want to see if the Nittos will quiet down and smooth out after some use.

Okay, off the bed now!
thanks for putting the effort in atleast man! ill be powdercoating them later this week so ill have some pictures up then forsure. and also thanks for the input on the tires... definately food for thought. i want something with an aggresive look but well see what happens.

Old 09-19-2011, 10:22 AM
right on can't wait to see how they turn out. i think it will look pretty good.

Quick Reply: need someone with photoshop's help