2009 - 2014 F-150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Ordered a 2011 F150 King Ranch Today

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2011, 07:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ordered a 2011 F150 King Ranch Today

Ok guys and gals, I'm driving a 2009 F150 Lariat with the 5.4L and have been looking to get me a 2011 model. Started out with wanting the bronze color, but looks everyone will be getting one, so to speak. So, I decided to get the color I like best, dark blue with tan two-tone. I wanted to go back with a lariat, but come to find out you can only get a black interior in a blue lariat! What gives? I hate a black interior, so looks like I'm going with the king ranch, blue and tan, with the 3.73 gears.

I've never had a KR so how do ya'll think I'll like the KR seats? I do take care of my stuff, so...

Also, drove the V6 Ecoboost today and the 5.0. The EB has the torque for sure, but I just can't justify paying an upcharge for a V6 especially until its proven. What do ya'll guys think?

Thanks!

Old 03-05-2011, 08:18 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I would say the Ecoboost is well worth the $750 upcharge. But the 5.0 is a pretty stout engine as well and the KR is a beautiful truck. So I would say you made a good choice.
How long did they guesstimate before you take delivery? I'm never going to find the exact truck I want on the lot so I'm thinking about getting my order in soon.

Old 03-05-2011, 08:35 PM
Originally Posted by NASSTY
How long did they guesstimate before you take delivery? I'm never going to find the exact truck I want on the lot so I'm thinking about getting my order in soon.
Thats the problem I was having. There was one blue KR in the southeast that my dealer could trade for, but it had the moonroof and nav., two options I don't care to pay the extra for. Said it will take about 6-8 weeks. They would let me know Monday if they could change one they already had on order.

Old 03-05-2011, 08:43 PM
Technical Article Contributor

I wasn't impressed with the 5.0, I am torn between the EB in a platinum or the 6.2 in a raptor. My concern with the EB is the mileage/power drop after putting on larger tires. If it would drop to near the mileage level of the 6.2 I would much rather have the 6.2. I am pretty dead set on a raptor though

If you take care of your vehicles the KR interior will be great! I like the redish KR leather especially with the black interior on the superduties.

Old 03-06-2011, 02:18 PM
Great choice on a new F150. I really loved my '07.5 STX SCab with Dark Blue Pearl. I may be one of few on here that chose the 5.0 over the EB after driving both.

Enjoy...

Old 03-08-2011, 08:33 PM
bump

Old 05-24-2011, 09:34 AM
Originally Posted by Catchad81
Ok guys and gals, I'm driving a 2009 F150 Lariat with the 5.4L and have been looking to get me a 2011 model. Started out with wanting the bronze color, but looks everyone will be getting one, so to speak. So, I decided to get the color I like best, dark blue with tan two-tone. I wanted to go back with a lariat, but come to find out you can only get a black interior in a blue lariat! What gives? I hate a black interior, so looks like I'm going with the king ranch, blue and tan, with the 3.73 gears.

I've never had a KR so how do ya'll think I'll like the KR seats? I do take care of my stuff, so...

Also, drove the V6 Ecoboost today and the 5.0. The EB has the torque for sure, but I just can't justify paying an upcharge for a V6 especially until its proven. What do ya'll guys think?

Thanks!
Like you I take care of my stuff also. I have just ordered my 5th KR. I have always gotten black until this one. It seems that Ford can't do black right now since the pigment comes from Japan and thanks to the earthquake/sunami it isn't available. From what I have been able to find where I am nobody is ordering bronze. I am going with the dark blue.

One thing you will find is that the leather seats in the KR are prone to sun fading. I have seen some that are so bleached out they are down right pale. I have the driver and passenger front windows tinted and use a sun shade in the windshield when it is parked regardless of the season. I also use Lexol leather conditioner regularly. The one I have now is being traded in and the seats faded so badly they were replaced under warranty.

I do indeed love the truck. That is why I keep replacing the KR with the KR. I opted for the ecoboost engine thought. People I know who have it love it. The dealer gave me one for a weekend before I placed the order so I could see how it tows my 6,000 lb boat. Handled it without and problems.

Quick Reply: Ordered a 2011 F150 King Ranch Today