2009 - 2014 F-150

Hello from potential F-150 owner

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 06:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello from potential F-150 owner

Hi everyone,

I'm going to the dealer tomorrow to hopefully work out a deal on a new F-150. I've never owned one before, but I took one for a drive the other night and was very impressed.

I currently drive a 2007 Tundra and with all the crap going on with Toyota currently, I'm thinking of switching brands. I've been reading through a lot of threads here to try and get familiar with all things Ford. My wife's relative is a retired Ford employee and he is able to get us employee pricing which they call X Plan. There's also about $7,500 in cash back right now so we should be able to get this truck for about 10K less than what's on the window label.

I'm looking at an FX4 Super Crew with the FX4 luxury package. I use my truck for just personal use and I think I'm going to go with a 5.5 foot box. That was a tough decision but the 6.5 box makes the truck just a bit too long for my liking. I really like the legroom and overall space in the cab though.

A lot will depend on what I get as a trade of course. Wish me luck!

Last edited by seadragon; 05-20-2010 at 04:58 AM.
Old 05-19-2010, 09:46 AM
very nice truck indeed... I thought the 20" wheels were part of the FX4 Luxury packege though... Not that I am complaining... I much prefer the 18s and the Goodyears over the soccermom 20's and Pirellis...

Old 05-19-2010, 11:56 AM
I picked up a Lariat for just over 12k off sticker. So you should be able to get at least 10k off sticker.

Old 05-19-2010, 01:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
want my window sticker ?

I got a Lariat here in Vancouver...........I will PM it to you

Old 05-19-2010, 05:24 PM
Wow I thought that was USD at first until I noticed you are in Ontario.

You should be able to get at least $10k off of that price with X plan and the rebates. Your trade might be an issue being a Toyota. Hope it works for you. Should have come to a Ford sooner. Good Luck!

Old 05-19-2010, 07:43 PM
Hey guys,

Well, I did it! I now own an F-150 FX4!

I got 12K off sticker with X Plan and incentives. I've financed it over 6 years and I also purchased the premium plus warranty and pre-paid maintenace for 6 years/120,000 km. And, they gave me what I wanted for the Tundra so I'm really happy right now.

The truck is going out to get Line-X tomorrow then I take delivery at 7 pm.

The FX4 with luxury package is one sweet truck. Now I have to learn all the details like how SYNC works.

Anyway, glad to be aboard!

Ken

Last edited by seadragon; 05-19-2010 at 08:46 PM.
Old 05-19-2010, 08:51 PM
Welcome to the club dude. Another Tundra owner jumped ship!!! this has got be the 10th Tundra owner in the last month who i seen trade up for a F150. You wont regret it. Enjoy your new ride.

Old 05-19-2010, 08:58 PM
Originally Posted by Barritia
Welcome to the club dude. Another Tundra owner jumped ship!!! this has got be the 10th Tundra owner in the last month who i seen trade up for a F150. You wont regret it. Enjoy your new ride.
Thanks! I'm really looking forward to tomorrow!

I had a bunch of issues with the Tundra and the latest problem that is surfacing has to do with the air injection system and it costs 4K to fix and is not covered by warranty. I decided to get rid of the truck before it happens to me.

The Tundra was a double cab (equiv to Super Cab) with a 6.5 foot box. The F-150 is a Super Crew with a 5.5 foot box. So, that will take a bit of getting used to, but the room inside us amazing. And the legroom in the driver seat is unbelievable. I'm 6'2" and always have to drive with the seat all the way back. In the F-150, I had to bring it forward a bit. I was blown away.

I added the stowable bed extender and got it Line X'd through the dealer and they took out the drop in liner it came with.

Very very comfortable to drive. I can't wait!

Old 05-19-2010, 09:11 PM
Originally Posted by seadragon
Hey guys,

Well, I did it! I now own an F-150 FX4!

I got 12K off sticker with X Plan and incentives. I've financed it over 6 years and I also purchased the premium plus warranty and pre-paid maintenace for 6 years/120,000 km. And, they gave me what I wanted for the Tundra so I'm really happy right now.

The truck is going out to get Line-X tomorrow then I take delivery at 7 pm.

The FX4 with luxury package is one sweet truck. Now I have to learn all the details like how SYNC works.

Anyway, glad to be aboard!

Ken
Congratulations from a displaced Ontarian! I bought a 2010 FX4 with the 5.5 foot box last November. It's my first truck and I'm very pleased with it. I'm 6'2" as well and have oodles of room. My family of four plus our dog travel in great comfort even when towing our 3,750 pound boat.

Are you going to keep the FX4 stickers on or will you be removing them?

I hope you're as satisified with your truck as I am with mine. And good luck sleeping tonight.

Old 05-19-2010, 09:19 PM
Originally Posted by racefan99
Congratulations from a displaced Ontarian! I bought a 2010 FX4 with the 5.5 foot box last November. It's my first truck and I'm very pleased with it. I'm 6'2" as well and have oodles of room. My family of four plus our dog travel in great comfort even when towing our 3,750 pound boat.

Are you going to keep the FX4 stickers on or will you be removing them?

I hope you're as satisified with your truck as I am with mine. And good luck sleeping tonight.
Funny you asked about the stickers. I asked the dealer if they could remove them. They said they could probably do that. If not, I'll just do it myself. I debadged the Tundra I traded in.

Glad to hear you like your FX4. I'm not going to sleep much tonight I fear!

Old 05-19-2010, 10:10 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Congratulations... Great choice... Enjoy the ride...

Old 05-20-2010, 12:03 AM
Great news. Welcome.

Quick Reply: Hello from potential F-150 owner