2009 - 2014 F-150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Radio Removal in 2010 F150 Lariat

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 07:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Radio Removal in 2010 F150 Lariat

Wondering how to remove a radio in a F150 Lariat. Pictures would be great.

Old 04-28-2010, 09:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jelld1
Wondering how to remove a radio in a F150 Lariat. Pictures would be great.
I used this video. Downloaded it first though so it would play in a larger window (not sure how I did not that now but I did!). Looks daunting at first but actually pretty straighforward.

http://www.coastaletech.com/F150installation.htm

Old 05-02-2010, 12:45 AM
Thats quite a bit of work to get to the radio

Old 05-02-2010, 01:00 AM
Getting to the radio is actually pretty cake. Probably takes 10 minutes the first time and maybe 5 after that. Some instructions here:

http://documents.victorytechnologies...duct/15786.pdf

3 screws and you're to the radio, 4 more and it's out.

The reason they go through the console removal steps is to get the panels to the left and right of the radio trim panel off. You have to tilt those out away from the central panel to get it out. Removing them is fine but not necessary. For me, the one on the left got out of my way pretty easily but the one on the right was a pain without getting behind the airbag module and removing those screws. Taking out the trim piece between the console and the large center panel also gives you the benefit of being able to remove the SYNC plate from behind rather than trying to pry it out and jacking up the plastic.

If you're going to be working behind the dash for a little while it's probably just as easy to remove all the panels like they do in the video. Easier to do that than to start prying away and risk snapping something off.

Last edited by statikuz; 05-02-2010 at 01:09 AM.
Old 10-16-2010, 01:22 AM
man that seems like alot of work to get the radio out. Just about have to take the whole dash apart...

Old 10-16-2010, 03:01 AM
Originally Posted by HuffmanF150
man that seems like alot of work to get the radio out. Just about have to take the whole dash apart...
any thing worth a damn is going to be hard !

Old 10-16-2010, 09:23 AM
Originally Posted by blueovelboy
any thing worth a damn is going to be hard !
NO, it just means some stupid engineer designed it- that never works on stuff himself

Trending Topics

Old 10-16-2010, 04:23 PM
I now use the Metra instructions (posted by statikuz above) instead of the coastel tech which involves the airbag, center console etc. The Metra method is actually easy. I do a few extra steps to make it easier. I remove the panel below the sync connector (just pry it out) so I can snap the sync panel out from behind. And I remove the glass covering the instrument panel (2 screws at top, then pry down and out from the top). This step makes it easier to get the left panel pulled out enough for the radio panel to come out. It also gives a bit more play on the left so the right side comes out better and no need to go near the airbag. I can do in about 5 minutes now mainly because I know where to pry and pull. First time is the hardest.

Last edited by bmwhitetx; 10-16-2010 at 04:25 PM.
Old 05-15-2011, 02:15 PM
Just removed the radio on my '10 Platinum to install the Coastal E Tech LockPick device and front camera interface. It was originally installed in my '10 Shelby, but I'm trading it in on Monday and decided to swap it all over to my truck. The Coastal E Tech's video was very helpful, but as others have posted way unnecessary. I used the directions posted by statikuz and the tips posted by bmwitetx and I had the dash removed in less than 10 minutes without breaking anything. Hardest part was the passenger side trim and getting it out far enough to remove the wood surround bezel around the radio.

Thanks for this thread and making it much easier for me! I know most will gawk at the price of the LockPick and front camera interface, but for me it is plug and play and I know it'll work and does everything I want. I enjoy having full features of my navigation while driving and DVD in motion for my passengers and I'm eventually installing a front license plate camera.

Old 03-21-2016, 08:29 PM
2010 Ford F-150 raptor. Installing after market radio. Having trouble push auto to speakers. I tested radio and works fine. The sync menu on top does say dvd? Is this normal? I install the old radio and it push audio and the sync dvd goes a way. Any help will be great.

Old 03-23-2016, 09:58 PM
I have a Kenwood DNX6160 installed in my 2010 Lariat. Yes - when it is active the Sync display shows simply "DVD" (plus the temp and compass). Seems like the new unit's output has to route through the sync module if I remember (been 5 years) so make sure you have that wiring right.

Quick Reply: Radio Removal in 2010 F150 Lariat